• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is some?
I'm having a hard time recalling a board regular that thinks that. Maybe nets.
That's a reach.

funny part is you spinning with nothing to say about the 10 years of RG3.

say shark, remember our discussion about the read option and hits on a QB with knee issues. That was a time when 10 years came out. You told the boys to understand MY frustration. I came back with 6 wins and boy....that brought the house down. I calmly came back with your pass defense and oline. BUT.....here's the best part. I think DJax has a chance to help you guys to 6 wins this year.

Nah... whats really funny is that i have always pointed out that IF RG3 lives up to expectations he will in fact be a pain in your ass for the next 10 (now eight years). That has not changed. the fact that he came off as a spoiled brat and threw his coaches under the bus does not change the fact that he has the talent to be a very good QB.

And yes, the Skins had a very bad year last year and you called it. Kudos to you on that one. good thing last year is over. this year should be interesting. And Im sure once the season starts we will have quite a few lively debates. You are calling six for the Skins, I actually agree. Now whats going to irk you is that Dallas will also only win six games this season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets be honest here. You would think totally different of him if Dallas had signed him. So where is the difference??

Really? The threads are there. A couple people said they would want him and if I remember correctly most shot that down as a bad idea...I know I did

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? The threads are there. A couple people said they would want him and if I remember correctly most shot that down as a bad idea...I know I did

jar.... lets be honest. The homer comes out in all of us when a player is signed or released. Its the nature of fandome that a portion of us will defend a move the team makes no matter what. Another portion will be honest with themselves and others. You shot it down, and I expected most Boys fans shot the idea down out of reality that Dallas had little or no chance of going after him. I get that. But lets be honest. A year ago, some of your biggest posters here were proclaiming Hatcher as a superior D-Lineman. Now those same posters are saying.. well he is just average and had a big contract year.

Again, I get it. Its the nature of the beast. But tell me you dont think if he had signed here, there would be a portion proclaiming this the move that would make Dallas' offense invincible??

Personally Im honest with this signing, it should make our offense better. Not all world mind you. But we were not a bad offense even with RG3 having a rather bad year. the Skins problem wasnt offense last year, it was defense and special teams. Until we fix that, we are not going to be a good team... but we will have a very exciting offense i think.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I consider myself pretty honest and objective. I didn't want D Jax before and would have been real unhappy if we signed him...real unhappy. I don't think he is that great a player and think his game has holes.

Hatcher I called a Pro Bowler in the 2012 season. Said he'd excel in this defense. Said he emered as a defensive leader and agreed with most everything he said even when critical of this team. I dont blame a man for going after the $ and especially not a guy that left everything on the field for us. Also said I didn't want to resign him because of his age and the contract he was going to get (by the way said all his thinking he'd get less than you guys paid him). That was before, during and after the Skins signing him. Not only did you guys sign him to a huge contract, you also moved him back to 3-4 DE...he is not worth the money for you. He still has the talent, but paying big $'s to a 3-4 DE isn't wise except for special cases.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I consider myself pretty honest and objective. I didn't want D Jax before and would have been real unhappy if we signed him...real unhappy. I don't think he is that great a player and think his game has holes.

Hatcher I called a Pro Bowler in the 2012 season. Said he'd excel in this defense. Said he emered as a defensive leader and agreed with most everything he said even when critical of this team. I dont blame a man for going after the $ and especially not a guy that left everything on the field for us. Also said I didn't want to resign him because of his age and the contract he was going to get (by the way said all his thinking he'd get less than you guys paid him). That was before, during and after the Skins signing him. Not only did you guys sign him to a huge contract, you also moved him back to 3-4 DE...he is not worth the money for you. He still has the talent, but paying big $'s to a 3-4 DE isn't wise except for special cases.

On the hatcher deal, thing is we didnt sign him to huge dollars. And if he is able to do what he did when you guys ran a 3-4, he is well worth what we spent because he keeps guys off Rak and Kerrigan. So its all in perspective. Hell I freely admit I think we gave up too much for RG3. But I dont deny his talent. I think if you look at what Ware, Allen and Peppers got, we got Hatcher for a fair deal. And the thing is, Allen isnt bringing any one in to be "THE GUY", but so far he has gathered some solid to good pieces and the Skins have improved at least on paper.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To add to this most of us didn't want TO. Yes we wanted him to play well while he was here, but we couldn't close the door fast enough after he left. My statement concerning TO was I didn't want him but since I knew it was going to happen I said I'll hope for the best but expect the worse. If DJax was coming here I'd say the same thing. What I wouldn't do is get in my soapbox claiming all gang ties are in no way true. U said it once just being friends with gang members doesn't make you one. I grew up among three gangs and had friends in two of them. What I didn't do is flash gang signs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the hatcher deal, thing is we didnt sign him to huge dollars. And if he is able to do what he did when you guys ran a 3-4, he is well worth what we spent because he keeps guys off Rak and Kerrigan. So its all in perspective. Hell I freely admit I think we gave up too much for RG3. But I dont deny his talent. I think if you look at what Ware, Allen and Peppers got, we got Hatcher for a fair deal. And the thing is, Allen isnt bringing any one in to be "THE GUY", but so far he has gathered some solid to good pieces and the Skins have improved at least on paper.

I like Hatcher and am not going to say anything bad about him, but he didn't do much for us when we ran a 3-4 (some of that wasn't his fault) other than the last season.

Ware, Allen and Peppers were paid to get to the QB. It remains to be seen if Hatcher will be able to do that in your scheme. He won't as a 3-4 DE. I assume you guys go to more of a a 4-3 in the nickel? If so, he may get some sacks, but he won't likely get near the # he got as our 3 tech in your defense. Still love the player, just don't think he will be worth the contract. If you cut him after 2 years he cost you $6.75M per. If you cut him after two years it likely means he was a mistake. More likely he plays well enough to get at least into that 3rd year. Now he's a 3 year at $6.67 per and a $2M+ cap hit to cut before year 4. He needs to do more than keep guys off other players to earn that money. You can always get a big run stuffer to serve that role for cheap which is why most 3-4 DEs don't get big $'s. Worst case scenario he is a total team player that will offset some of your other "Me" players and I'll guarantee you once he is comfortable he will start calling out guys like Hall if they start doing stupid shit. Time will tell, but I hope he does well for you because he has earned it and I really like the guy. I felt he was underrated for years and never got the opportunities he should behind guys like Spears that he was much better than. I also hoped Bowen would have done well for you. Very similar circumstances except Bowen was younger and did more as a 3-4 DE for us. How do you feel that one worked out?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hatcher and am not going to say anything bad about him, but he didn't do much for us when we ran a 3-4 (some of that wasn't his fault) other than the last season.

Ware, Allen and Peppers were paid to get to the QB. It remains to be seen if Hatcher will be able to do that in your scheme. He won't as a 3-4 DE. I assume you guys go to more of a a 4-3 in the nickel? If so, he may get some sacks, but he won't likely get near the # he got as our 3 tech in your defense. Still love the player, just don't think he will be worth the contract. If you cut him after 2 years he cost you $6.75M per. If you cut him after two years it likely means he was a mistake. More likely he plays well enough to get at least into that 3rd year. Now he's a 3 year at $6.67 per and a $2M+ cap hit to cut before year 4. He needs to do more than keep guys off other players to earn that money. You can always get a big run stuffer to serve that role for cheap which is why most 3-4 DEs don't get big $'s. Worst case scenario he is a total team player that will offset some of your other "Me" players and I'll guarantee you once he is comfortable he will start calling out guys like Hall if they start doing stupid shit. Time will tell, but I hope he does well for you because he has earned it and I really like the guy. I felt he was underrated for years and never got the opportunities he should behind guys like Spears that he was much better than. I also hoped Bowen would have done well for you. Very similar circumstances except Bowen was younger and did more as a 3-4 DE for us. How do you feel that one worked out?

Honestly I think Bowen has played his role and for the most part earned the contract we gave him. It speaks highly that the team has not released him for cap space and is counting on him geting healthy and getting back on the field. And while we run a base 3-4, we do get into alot of nikel coverage where we do have 4 D-lineman on the field. So I think Both Hatcher and Bowen will get alot more chances than one would normally expect from a 3-4 DE. I dont expect either to get double digit sacks, but both will play a key part to our defensive line rotation. Our real question is going to be who the other ILB is and if Haslett finally starts to bring some pressure.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a group that "doesn't seem worried" about the Redskins in 2014, there sure has been a lot of forum discussion about the…REDSKINS. FYI, there hasn't been a lot of conversation on the Skins board about the Cowboy free agent signing of Brandon Weeden. I for one, think that was a great signing for the Cowboys.
QUOTE]

Well know you can all discuss Colt McCoy instead...

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why has the majority of real "football guys", you know "football guys" who either played or coached at the NFL level think the Redskins signing of DeSean was a GREAT signing?…and, yet the popular sentiment among cowboy internet forums and those "paid journalist" who are instructed to show the other side and disagree with the hiring of the newest employee of the Redskins say...it's a terrible move.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jar.... lets be honest. The homer comes out in all of us when a player is signed or released. Its the nature of fandome that a portion of us will defend a move the team makes no matter what. Another portion will be honest with themselves and others. You shot it down, and I expected most Boys fans shot the idea down out of reality that Dallas had little or no chance of going after him. I get that. But lets be honest. A year ago, some of your biggest posters here were proclaiming Hatcher as a superior D-Lineman. Now those same posters are saying.. well he is just average and had a big contract year.

Again, I get it. Its the nature of the beast. But tell me you dont think if he had signed here, there would be a portion proclaiming this the move that would make Dallas' offense invincible??

Personally Im honest with this signing, it should make our offense better. Not all world mind you. But we were not a bad offense even with RG3 having a rather bad year. the Skins problem wasnt offense last year, it was defense and special teams. Until we fix that, we are not going to be a good team... but we will have a very exciting offense i think.

You don't go 3-13 without deficiencies in every aspect of the game. When you can't consistently take advantage of good field position when you need to, then offense is a problem. Putting up a bunch of yardage while playing from behind is not good offense. Cowboy fans irk me when they say things like this as well. Every year it seems like Cowboy fans say offense is not the problem with this team when it is so clear that it is a problem. Great offenses take advantage of great field position and put up TDs not FGs. Great offenses don't wait until the team is down two or three TDs or when the defense is playing soft coverage before they start moving the ball effectively. Great offenses don't disappear when their team needs them to really put up points.

I don't have to look at Washington's stats last year to know that offense was a problem. I watched the majority of their games last year. There were only a handful of great offensive games (with RG3) that they played last year that come to mind and that's against Chicago, San Diego, and in the first half against Minnesota. You are lying to yourself if you believe offense wasn't a problem last year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a group that "doesn't seem worried" about the Redskins in 2014, there sure has been a lot of forum discussion about the…REDSKINS. FYI, there hasn't been a lot of conversation on the Skins board about the Cowboy free agent signing of Brandon Weeden. I for one, think that was a great signing for the Cowboys.
QUOTE]

Well know you can all discuss Colt McCoy instead...

there has? does not seem that much to me but if you're sensitive then don't read our board

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why has the majority of real "football guys", you know "football guys" who either played or coached at the NFL level think the Redskins signing of DeSean was a GREAT signing?…and, yet the popular sentiment among cowboy internet forums and those "paid journalist" who are instructed to show the other side and disagree with the hiring of the newest employee of the Redskins say...it's a terrible move.

I don't think it's a terrible move. Just think it's a splash move and overcompensates for obvious deficiencies elsewhere on the team. It's been proven in recent memory that big free-agent WR additions haven't been that missing piece needed to make a team a contender and have had a marginal effect on that team's success. Hell, you could use the Cowboys as proof(Terrell Owens, Roy Williams) of that. Personally liked the Hatcher and Clark signings better even though I believe Hatcher is a little overpaid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I'm not sure who you we talking about, but ex players are some of the most clueless people I've ever seen discuss sports. Especially about things like player evaluation. Of course many ex players are also some of the best at this, but the point is that playing the game and knowing a good free agent signing aren't necessarily connected. I bet you ignore those same "football guys" when they talk about how good Tony Romo is...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there has? does not seem that much to me but if you're sensitive then don't read our board

All I can say to that comment is I wouldn't know if there is Cowboy talk on the Skins board because I never go there....but they are here, so what does that tell us???

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you mean real football guys like the eagles locker room?

Joseph Santoliquito
Philadelphia, PA (CBS) — In the days following DeSean Jackson’s release by the Eagles, speculation ran rampant as to the reasons why. Everything was to blame from Jackson’s petulant, rambunctious sideline behavior, to his alleged gang ties, to Jackson’s character, to this being Chip Kelly’s fault.
But what a number of sources close to and around the team, including current and former players, as well as additional sources within the Eagles revealed was that Jackson was not very well liked by his teammates, was blatantly insubordinate, with temper tantrums cussing out Kelly several times in front of the team, pushed the NFL rookie coach the way “a child would test boundaries,” and was more concerned with his rap label than he was about winning football games.
Several other sources also suggested that Jeremy Maclin may have had an issue if Jackson returned to the Eagles in 2014. He wasn’t alone, if that’s true.
“The fact is, [Jackson] was a ‘me-guy’ with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” said one source. “Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise. His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s okay. What put him out was his selfishness. He can try and spin it all he wants how he’s ‘a team player.’ He’s not. I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released, more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said ‘good riddance.’ He had no real connection with anyone.
“Yes, you can say he was the type that could catch three TDs in a loss—everyone would be down, but you had the impression he was happy, because he got his. It was all about him. A lot of guys thought that way about him. [Kelly] came in here with a plan to get this thing right, and the one major [obstacle] standing in his way was [Jackson]. If we were going to move forward as a team, he had to go. Think about it—did anyone come right out and back him publicly? Not one.”
Why didn’t Andy Reid or Marty Mornhinweg, the Jets’ offensive coordinator, want any part of Jackson before he signed a three-year, $24-million contract with the Redskins on Wednesday?
They apparently knew the potential headache Jackson was.
Kelly received some culpability in the opinion of some. But numerous sources confirmed that “Big Balls” Chip should have been canonized St. Chip after putting up with the instigating Jackson in 2013.
“You see little kids and how they cry and whine when they don’t get their way, that was D-Jax,” another source said. “I don’t think [Jackson] gave [Kelly] the respect he deserved. Kelly tried to reach [Jackson] plenty of times and [Jackson] tuned him out. Then you look at team functions, when everyone is out together at charity things or social stuff. He was the one missing. It was like he was in ‘D-Jax world’ and we just happened to be there.
“With Reid, [Jackson] tried pushing boundaries there, too, but he looked at Reid, I think, much differently than he looked at [Kelly]. Reid came in with an NFL pedigree. He was the guy that drafted [Jackson]. He was the one that called him on draft day and laid the law down right then: [Reid] wouldn’t tolerate any outside interference from anyone. Now you get this college guy [Kelly] and he’s not going to tell [Jackson] what to do. [Kelly] has a vision for this team—and he is a very old-school coach in a lot of ways. But there’s only so much [a coach] can take.”
In 2012, under Reid, Eagles’ management did reward Jackson a new five-year deal worth $48 million. He did have some minor flare ups with the law. In 2009, Jackson was pulled over by police for having illegally tinted windows and it was discovered he had marijuana in the car.
Still, Jackson stayed.
“That was all [Reid’s] doing,” opined someone close to the situation that asked that his name not be used. “[Reid] thought he could control [Jackson]. He could, to a degree. Kelly put up with [Jackson] behind closed doors. A lot of guys didn’t like how he talked to [Kelly]. And a lot of guys just didn’t like him. They thought he was too into his rap label than he was about winning games. The guy performed, there’s no questioning that. But you had to keep a constant eye on him. Guys put in extra time. He didn’t. It’s like he never grew up.”
Asked why the Eagles have been reluctant to go public with how difficult Jackson was to deal with, sources said Kelly likes to keep in-house dirt in-house.
“That’s [Kelly’s] way,” said one source. “It pisses me off that [Kelly] comes off looking like the bad guy here. It wasn’t just [Kelly] that wanted him gone. [Kelly] got a lot of feedback from guys that felt we were better off without [Jackson], too. [Kelly] is very much a player’s coach. His office is open to anyone. Now [Jackson] is the Redskins’ problem. We have something good going here and it’s going to get better without [Jackson]. He had to go.”
Joseph Santoliquito is a contributing sports blogger for CBS Philly.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the Championships being played in Cowboy Stadium, it makes you wonder...will the Dallas Cowboys ever play in one? You know, a Championship game in Cowboys Stadium?

I think Jerry's "Cowboys Stadium" might end up being to the Cowboys, what Wrigley Field is to the Cubs.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the Championships being played in Cowboy Stadium, it makes you wonder...will the Dallas Cowboys ever play in one? You know, a Championship game in Cowboys Stadium?

I think Jerry's "Cowboys Stadium" might end up being to the Cowboys, what Wrigley Field is to the Cubs.

I believe so.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should be concerned with the lack of championships being played in DC