• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... but what history of issues does he have?? He has not been in any real trouble outside of team discipline once or twice. The closest thing they have is he happens to be friends with some less than boyscout types. I mean its not like he has been charged with slapping his mom or anything like that. So, we didnt over pay for him. He isnt coming back off of injury or anything like that. He is in the prime of his career, and he isnt a one year wonder. His team released him under some vague cloud of there were issues but we arent saying. Really not seeing the negative here.

WR in the prime of his career
released under a vague cloud
isn't a one year wonder
not injured

and you don't see the negative here? I call BS. If Dallas made this signing you would see red flags on the fact he has the above and was free for the taking.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only problem with this thinking is the eagles didn't have to do anything. There was no rush to trade this guy, the timing was not the standard. the standard was after the draft and in June. it was clear the eagles didn't want him around the team.

I find it funny how you people now see this guy as special when his resume is well known as a BIG TIME ME PLAYER. You guys were the same folks ripping Dallas for taking on owens years ago. good luck with all that, no need top explain anything here. This is different, cause it's the redskins.

There are plenty of big time me players in the NFL. Facts are, he hasnt been in any real trouble in seven years in the league. Word is Kelly felt he would be a bad influence on the young players on his team. And i can get as to where a coach would want to be rid of that as soon as possible. They tried to trade him and couldnt. Sure they could have held onto him and if he was dead set on getting rid of him, simply tell him not to report. But you dont think that would have caused bigger issues??

And lets be honest here. You would think totally different of him if Dallas had signed him. So where is the difference??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR in the prime of his career
released under a vague cloud
isn't a one year wonder
not injured

and you don't see the negative here? I call BS. If Dallas made this signing you would see red flags on the fact he has the above and was free for the taking.

And if Dallas had signed him, some Dallas fans would be proclaiming your offense unstoppable. I consider it a risk reward type signing. If it works out, the Skins got better on offense. If it doesnt, we were still a top ten offense and a top five rushing team without him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Dallas had signed him, some Dallas fans would be proclaiming your offense unstoppable. I consider it a risk reward type signing. If it works out, the Skins got better on offense. If it doesnt, we were still a top ten offense and a top five rushing team without him.

Our offense already is unstoppable :suds:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years 24 million 16 million guaranteed so its really a 2 year for 16 million dollar contract with an option for the 3rd year.

1.Guy is talented but a clubhouse distraction.
2. Wanted a raise while still under contract.
3.Had a really good year and the team still wanted him gone.
4.Cost money against the salary cap to cut him !!!
Does this sound like anybody familiar ???????

San Fran should be experts on this kind of player Right?
Philly ought to be experts on this kind of player right?
Dallas should be experts on this kind of player right?

Redskins just got better talent wise but how it all works out well that story will soon be written.

I'm glad that Jerry stayed away is all I can say.

Fare thee well Redskins 2 out of 4 teams in the NFC East have been down this road your results may vary :whistle:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I wouldn't and there you go again telling me what I think.
Just like this time last year, I was suppose to be afraid of RG3 for the next 10 years and the read option was unstoppable.

I didn't want Owens and said as much throughout his tenure in Dallas. I will cheer for the star and that was owens during his time but I would never go to the skins board and try to spin this as a positive.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldn't and there you go again telling me what I think.
Just like this time last year, I was suppose to be afraid of RG3 for the next 10 years and the read option was unstoppable.

I didn't want Owens and said as much throughout his tenure in Dallas. I will cheer for the star and that was owens during his time but I would never go to the skins board and try to spin this as a positive.

I see the Skids fans are in Spin mode, just after DJ was release majority wanted NO parts of him & some said they would only welcome in with NO guarantee money. Now fast forward a few days, now he is the best thing since slice bread :wtf2:

For shits & giggles I read through the thread on their board when he first got released. It is hilarious how most have done a complete 180 from their initial stance.... :laugh3:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Skids fans are in Spin mode, just after DJ was release majority wanted NO parts of him & some said they would only welcome in with NO guarantee money. Now fast forward a few days, now he is the best thing since slice bread :wtf2:

For shits & giggles I read through the thread on their board when he first got released. It is hilarious how most have done a complete 180 from their initial stance.... :laugh3:

it's a redskin thing. I just don't see the need to spin it here.
musicman being the exception. Dallas will forever always be on his mind

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I misread this shark....

"And if Dallas had signed him, some Dallas fans would be proclaiming your offense unstoppable"

but it does beg two questions.
1. Are you accountable for anything said by any redskin fan/ (see musicman)
2. Why do you feel the need to spin this signing here?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I misread this shark....

"And if Dallas had signed him, some Dallas fans would be proclaiming your offense unstoppable"

but it does beg two questions.
1. Are you accountable for anything said by any redskin fan/ (see musicman)
2. Why do you feel the need to spin this signing here?

IN answer to your question. Nope Im not responsible for what Mitz says. Just as I made sure to say SOME Cowboys fans would be proclaiming invincibility if Dallas had made the same move.

In answer to number two, I dont need to defend the signing because any FA signing is a risk. But I will ask, why are Cowboys fans feeling the need to bash the signing. Are you trying to convince Skins fans it was a mistake, or yourselves?? Just curious.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me and I'll only speak for me here.
I hate Washington more since I've read the message boards. I was pulling for you guys to land DJax from the start. Forget the gang stuff, I'm basing this on the player I've come to know.

as always.....
you can reserve the right to tell me how wrong I was after he's been there to collect that 16M two year deal with a team option for year three

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me and I'll only speak for me here.
I hate Washington more since I've read the message boards. I was pulling for you guys to land DJax from the start. Forget the gang stuff, I'm basing this on the player I've come to know.

as always.....you can reserve the right to tell me how wrong I was after he's been there to collect that 16M two year deal with a team option for year three

I guess we shall see in two years. But when you got threads started by cowboys fans, posted in by only Cowboys fans all basically telling each other how bad a deal it was for the Skins to make this move... who are you all trying to convince is all Im saying.

BUt... we'll see how it works out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we shall see in two years. But when you got threads started by cowboys fans, posted in by only Cowboys fans all basically telling each other how bad a deal it was for the Skins to make this move... who are you all trying to convince is all Im saying.

BUt... we'll see how it works out.

Really? You expected different on a Cowboy Fan Chat Board?

Now if that statement makes you feel all the better then I now understand why you are here spinning the signing. It's like Eastbay said. Matter of fact, Eastbay has been right far more often than wrong, which explains his ban.

I've been meaning to say shark...I read the skids board and your tune about RG3 sure has changed from April 2013. Skinsdad is the only one that has called you on it, and 100% correct for doing so. I can't tell you how many times you'd post the next 10 years with RG3. Frankly, this new spin of yours is about as bad as musicman talking anything football. A real eye sore knowing how you paraded around here as much as any redskin fan after Bob's rookie season.

What we are what we are and just know for all the years we've been sharing red hot sports opinions. You've had one year to gloat. Just one....maybe DJax will give you another. It's out there and all DJax has to do is be the cub scout greater DC will make him. What did D Hall (great spokes person BTW) say? Humble?

:laugh3:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You expected different on a Cowboy Fan Chat Board?

Now if that statement makes you feel all the better then I now understand why you are here spinning the signing. It's like Eastbay said. Matter of fact, Eastbay has been right far more often than wrong, which explains his ban.

I've been meaning to say shark...I read the skids board and your tune about RG3 sure has changed from April 2013. Skinsdad is the only one that has called you on it, and 100% correct for doing so. I can't tell you how many times you'd post the next 10 years with RG3. Frankly, this new spin of yours is about as bad as musicman talking anything football. A real eye sore knowing how you paraded around here as much as any redskin fan after Bob's rookie season.

What we are what we are and just know for all the years we've been sharing red hot sports opinions. You've had one year to gloat. Just one....maybe DJax will give you another. It's out there and all DJax has to do is be the cub scout greater DC will make him. What did D Hall (great spokes person BTW) say? Humble?

:laugh3:

Point one, I have never said griffin doesnt have talent. I have said he acted like a spoiled brat last year which does have me wondering if he will ever live up to his potential. Because if he does what he did last year and put his own agenda above that of the team, he will fail. If he gets past his little me phase and lives up to his potential, the entire division will hate it. But I can be honest and admit that he was as much the problem last year as any one. Skinsdad cant do that apparently.

Point two, Jackson doesnt have to be a boyscout any more than Dez does. Dez could get caught screwing his priest and you guys would defend him as long as he produces on the field and stays out of legal trouble off the field. The same applies to Jackson. If he stays out of legal ( IE get suspended) trouble off the field, and he performs on the field, no one in Redskins nation will care.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point one, I have never said griffin doesnt have talent. I have said he acted like a spoiled brat last year which does have me wondering if he will ever live up to his potential. Because if he does what he did last year and put his own agenda above that of the team, he will fail. If he gets past his little me phase and lives up to his potential, the entire division will hate it. But I can be honest and admit that he was as much the problem last year as any one. Skinsdad cant do that apparently.

Point two, Jackson doesnt have to be a boyscout any more than Dez does. Dez could get caught screwing his priest and you guys would defend him as long as he produces on the field and stays out of legal trouble off the field. The same applies to Jackson. If he stays out of legal ( IE get suspended) trouble off the field, and he performs on the field, no one in Redskins nation will care.

LOL
So you obviously haven't paid attention to our discussions on Dez.
Yes you will always have some that defend no matter what, but for a lot of us. Just not true. If Dez acts like a putz then there is plenty here that would criticize him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
So you obviously haven't paid attention to our discussions on Dez.
Yes you will always have some that defend no matter what, but for a lot of us. Just not true. If Dez acts like a putz then there is plenty here that would criticize him.

OK Schmoopy.. you got me. Correction.... Some of you guys would defend Dez even if he got caught butt fucking alterboy at half time. So long as he scored the game winning TD in the 4th.

Better?? :D

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is some?
I'm having a hard time recalling a board regular that thinks that. Maybe nets.
That's a reach.

funny part is you spinning with nothing to say about the 10 years of RG3.

say shark, remember our discussion about the read option and hits on a QB with knee issues. That was a time when 10 years came out. You told the boys to understand MY frustration. I came back with 6 wins and boy....that brought the house down. I calmly came back with your pass defense and oline. BUT.....here's the best part. I think DJax has a chance to help you guys to 6 wins this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they spin to Dez and forget how they trashed the Disney board when Owens put on the star.

it's always different when the skins are involved and frankly...why this is so much fun.