• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I guess to the ones who might be a bit insecure would much rather have your team be "middle of the road", then to be Champions of the NFCE one of the last two seasons? I will take a first place finish, and a last place finish in the next season over consecutive "middle of the road" finishes any day.

Cowboys are 0-2 making the playoffs in the RG3 era...but, who's counting.

I too would prefer a division Championship every other year to not winning the division at all. But playoff advancement is really all that matters (Isn't that what everyone has been telling Romo and Cowboy fans?) and in the last two years you aren't ahead of us there anyway. Also, last year is the most important indicator of how you will likely do this year and you were total shit last year. We may not have been very good, but we were a lot better than the Redskins. So while a division Championship two years ago is nice we all know all that if you didn't win a SB all that matters is this upcoming year and as bad as we may look we are in a better spot than the Redskins.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Cowboys Week on the NFL Network!!! No more SF and Dwight Clark catch LOL I want to see that Denver Superbowl game again!!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins trivia. 7 out of past 10 seasons finishing in last place!

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a group that "doesn't seem worried" about the Redskins in 2014, there sure has been a lot of forum discussion about the…REDSKINS. FYI, there hasn't been a lot of conversation on the Skins board about the Cowboy free agent signing of Brandon Weeden. I for one, think that was a great signing for the Cowboys.

Honestly though, I have mixed feelings about the most popular Cowboy threads these days. Personally, I don't want a "thug" on the Redskins. But, this is the NFL boys. GM's and Owners love to play poker. So, did Philly really release the "Disney star" DJax because of his alleged "gang association", or did they let him go because he wasn't a good fit for Kelly? Something doesn't make since here…As a poker player, I call that bet.

The DJax addition would make the Redskins offense very dynamic, and would produce multiple problems for any defense, and that's like you guys like to say is "football 101". But, I believe the most significant improvement for this team is a fully healthy RG3, who instead of rehabilitating his body will actually be practicing football this off season. Uh Oh...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a group that "doesn't seem worried" about the Redskins in 2014, there sure has been a lot of forum discussion about the…REDSKINS. FYI, there hasn't been a lot of conversation on the Skins board about the Cowboy free agent signing of Brandon Weeden. I for one, think that was a great signing for the Cowboys.

Honestly though, I have mixed feelings about the most popular Cowboy threads these days. Personally, I don't want a "thug" on the Redskins. But, this is the NFL boys. GM's and Owners love to play poker. So, did Philly really release the "Disney star" DJax because of his alleged "gang association", or did they let him go because he wasn't a good fit for Kelly? Something doesn't make since here…As a poker player, I call that bet.

The DJax addition would make the Redskins offense very dynamic, and would produce multiple problems for any defense, and that's like you guys like to say is "football 101". But, I believe the most significant improvement for this team is a fully healthy RG3, who instead of rehabilitating his body will actually be practicing football this off season. Uh Oh...

That's it. He doesn't fit Kelly's offense even though he had his best year last season. Now ask yourself, why would a coach want to get rid of his best WR?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it. He doesn't fit Kelly's offense even though he had his best year last season. Now ask yourself, why would a coach want to get rid of his best WR?

Not going to pick a fight manster. But I figure you are old enough to realize that when a new boss comes in, he is want to fire some of his best talent if he feels that he cant get along with the guy. Add in the fact that Kelly just won the Division and he is entitled to take a my way or the high way attitude. Get the feeling Kelly to a degree is using the Jackson cut to make a statement of who is in charge. Much like a certain other NFC East coach was want to put players in his dog house. I think Kelly wanted him gone because he didnt like his attitude and failing to trade him, he took the hard line and cut him. Now if Philly wins the division again he will be justified. If Philly flops next year, Chip will be crucified. Especially if Jackson goes else where and does well.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to pick a fight manster. But I figure you are old enough to realize that when a new boss comes in, he is want to fire some of his best talent if he feels that he cant get along with the guy. Add in the fact that Kelly just won the Division and he is entitled to take a my way or the high way attitude. Get the feeling Kelly to a degree is using the Jackson cut to make a statement of who is in charge. Much like a certain other NFC East coach was want to put players in his dog house. I think Kelly wanted him gone because he didnt like his attitude and failing to trade him, he took the hard line and cut him. Now if Philly wins the division again he will be justified. If Philly flops next year, Chip will be crucified. Especially if Jackson goes else where and does well.

No fight needed but there is no way Kelly is going to release his best WR just because he's the new boss and wants to make a statement. Trade him yes but not just release him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, nobody over here gives a fuck about the Redskins. They are just a shitty 3rd rate franchise. That's how we really see them. Irrelevant

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fight needed but there is no way Kelly is going to release his best WR just because he's the new boss and wants to make a statement. Trade him yes but not just release him.

considering that the 49'ers and Raiders both confirm that they contacted the LAPD who confirmed Jackson ties to the Crips, i still believe that Kelly didn't want that influence on his team. the redskins don't care

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering that the 49'ers and Raiders both confirm that they contacted the LAPD who confirmed Jackson ties to the Crips, i still believe that Kelly didn't want that influence on his team. the redskins don't care

I think Danny is growing tired of last place in the division.
70% of the time over the last 10 years will do that

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my point is the redskins don't care about things like Jackson's reported gang ties. they have a history of ignoring such things

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is excellent for the other 3 East teams. It means that Snyder will start forcing more of his wishes and thoughts onto the team. Having an actual football GM in Washington is scary considering who we have as ours, but a desperate Snyder can undo all of that with another Deion or Fat Albert signing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you mean? Didn't we read on here from all the Skins fans that was the OLD Snyder? No more chasing names or big FAs. Unlike jerry, he learned his lesson. It's all about building a team the right way and letting Shanahan (oops where did he go?) make all the decisions. Never mind that we all said it was for no other reason than they didn't have the cap room and that the second they got some they were going to spend it like it was going out of style...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? Didn't we read on here from all the Skins fans that was the OLD Snyder? No more chasing names or big FAs. Unlike jerry, he learned his lesson. It's all about building a team the right way and letting Shanahan (oops where did he go?) make all the decisions. Never mind that we all said it was for no other reason than they didn't have the cap room and that the second they got some they were going to spend it like it was going out of style...

LOL I think I called that last offseason

No money The ShannyPlan

Money to spend the Snyder plan

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They really didn't "chase" any big names this off season. The "old" Snyder would've broke the bank for Byrd,Decker and Talib. They filled needs with good deals (hatcher overpaid IMO) and Jackson literally fell into their lap and at 3/24 isn't a bad signing. Now I'm still not sold on having that shithead on the team but as a signing it's not bad.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really didn't "chase" any big names this off season. The "old" Snyder would've broke the bank for Byrd,Decker and Talib. They filled needs with good deals (hatcher overpaid IMO) and Jackson literally fell into their lap and at 3/24 isn't a bad signing. Now I'm still not sold on having that shithead on the team but as a signing it's not bad.

Playing Madden it isnt bad

hes killed Vick, McNabb, and now he goes to RG3

If He kills him .... those draft picks yall gave up ... WOW

thats a thing called a team killer ( TO was one)

I think thats why Philly let him go been there done that
Dallas let one go ... been there done that
Washington had one .... now go back for round two ......

we shall see

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hatcher - good player, good leader. Not worth those $'s (and isn't that what we are talking about?) in that scheme, but good player that can find a spot in any scheme. D Jax - bigger name than Decker, so I don't get the point. $16M in cash day one for a guy that people are still trying to figure out how deep his gang ties run and most teams seem to want no part of right now is a bad signing to me. RGIII seemed to start to be more concerned with RGIII than the team last year from my distant view. D Jax doesn't seem like he will be the best guy to have sitting next to him every day for the next 3 years.

Since the Redskins is a politically sensitive team name nowadays, I wonder if Desean and his buddies suggest changing the name to the BlueSkins...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think this is the truer story.

"Now we'll see if the Redskins really have the resources to make Philadelphia look foolish. It's likely that Jackson picked Washington mainly because of the potential $24 million that came with his three-year deal ($16 million of which reportedly is guaranteed). It's even more probable that he didn't visit with any other teams because the Redskins offered him two opportunities a year at sticking it to Kelly. Revenge is a great motivating force. It can seduce the most practical of men into believing they're making wise choices.

The reality is that Jackson should've taken more time to investigate his options. He should've been more honest with himself about what went wrong in Philadelphia and how his own actions factored into it. If anything, Jackson should've paid attention to how little interest Reid displayed in wooing him to Kansas City. The Chiefs may not have had enough money to compete with Washington -- or the other eight teams that reportedly displayed interest in signing Jackson -- but it says plenty about Jackson's maturity that Reid didn't even get into the game.

If Jackson wanted money, he certainly got it. If he wanted to stay in the NFC East, then that wish came true as well. But if Jackson coveted stability, a chance to win and a place where he could make the most of his vast potential, then it's difficult to see the logic in his decision. That's because he's just joined an organization that has been a long-running joke in the league for a good reason. And as Jackson is about to find out, that's not about to change with his arrival"

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatcher - good player, good leader. Not worth those $'s (and isn't that what we are talking about?) in that scheme, but good player that can find a spot in any scheme. D Jax - bigger name than Decker, so I don't get the point. $16M in cash day one for a guy that people are still trying to figure out how deep his gang ties run and most teams seem to want no part of right now is a bad signing to me. RGIII seemed to start to be more concerned with RGIII than the team last year from my distant view. D Jax doesn't seem like he will be the best guy to have sitting next to him every day for the next 3 years.

Since the Redskins is a politically sensitive team name nowadays, I wonder if Desean and his buddies suggest changing the name to the BlueSkins...

Point is Decker was biggest name WR, Bryd S, Talib CB,on the market in FA when it started and they didn't really chase any of them needing all of them.Jackson was late to the party. I agree with a lot of what you said about hatcher and Jackson but for once they signed a lot of good players and didn't overpay for washed up ex pro bowlers. So that's why I stated it doesn't seem to be the same ole Snyder.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is Decker was biggest name WR, Bryd S, Talib CB,on the market in FA when it started and they didn't really chase any of them needing all of them.Jackson was late to the party. I agree with a lot of what you said about hatcher and Jackson but for once they signed a lot of good players and didn't overpay for washed up ex pro bowlers. So that's why I stated it doesn't seem to be the same ole Snyder.

Are you sure they didn't chase them or was it those mentioned players had NO interest in playing in
D.C. :scratch: