• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why has the majority of real "football guys", you know "football guys" who either played or coached at the NFL level think the Redskins signing of DeSean was a GREAT signing?…and, yet the popular sentiment among cowboy internet forums and those "paid journalist" who are instructed to show the other side and disagree with the hiring of the newest employee of the Redskins say...it's a terrible move.

And the entire country hated when we signed TO, despite the numbers he put up. Why? Because he was a trouble making head case.

Sound familiar?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the Championships being played in Cowboy Stadium, it makes you wonder...will the Dallas Cowboys ever play in one? You know, a Championship game in Cowboys Stadium?

I think Jerry's "Cowboys Stadium" might end up being to the Cowboys, what Wrigley Field is to the Cubs.

:doh:
highly unlikely that Dallas plays for a superbowl in Dallas. No team has ever done that (play for a SB in their home stadium), so asking Dallas to be the first is a stretch.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:
highly unlikely that Dallas plays for a superbowl in Dallas. No team has ever done that (play for a SB in their home stadium), so asking Dallas to be the first is a stretch.

I wonder what the odds are of Dallas playing a SB at ATT Stadium vs. the Skins playing one at FedEx?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones: Cowboys miss the playoffs, but we remain popular | ProFootballTalk

Kind of what I've said all along...certainly, most of you remember the "truth" I would share with you in Disneyland...Or, was it cowboyforumwonderland?..."the Cowboys being the best reality tv show on television"

Thanks Jerry, but please stop stealing my material.

And there you are, reading the stories and visiting the teams board and discussing a team that by your own admission hasn't been relevant in a long time.

You are exactly what Jerry was talking about. Funny that you don't realize it :L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is indicative of who is America's Team.
It is indicative of how often a google search features the Cowboys.
To be America's Team you should represent better.

Can you give us the full outline of what is needed to hold the title?

I need it printed in triplicate, so that my shredder, trashcan, and firepit outside don't get jealous of each other.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need it printed in triplicate, so that my shredder, trashcan, and firepit outside don't get jealous of each other.

America's Team = the team that is on America's mind (not because they won the superbowl, not because of drama, not because of this or that. Just because!)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
America's Team = the team that is on America's mind (not because they won the superbowl, not because of drama, not because of this or that. Just because!)

Then why is Dallas on our minds? We each have our own reasons. One of mine is I am amazed at the mismanagement of your once storied franchise. I see it often in business whereas the owner has such a big ego, he thinks the success is all because of him, but in many cases the success is because of the efforts and input of the employees.
As an example, check our most popular NFL jersey sales. When people lay down their hard earned cash to wear the team colors, that might be a better barometer of which teams are fan favorites.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is really somewhat simple.
The owner must be hands off and never meddle in team affairs. That leaves Dallas out.
Hire a visionary HC who is in complete agreement with his GM who is looked at as equal in value. Hard to find a combination that will work seamlessly.

Shred away my friend.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is Dallas on our minds? We each have our own reasons. One of mine is I am amazed at the mismanagement of your once storied franchise. I see it often in business whereas the owner has such a big ego, he thinks the success is all because of him, but in many cases the success is because of the efforts and input of the employees.
As an example, check our most popular NFL jersey sales. When people lay down their hard earned cash to wear the team colors, that might be a better barometer of which teams are fan favorites.

Good question. You just won a SB and none of us are on your board. We were 8-8 and yet here you are...Until that stops the America's Team moniker won't go away

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owner must be hands off and never meddle in team affairs. That leaves Dallas out.
Hire a visionary HC who is in complete agreement with his GM who is looked at as equal in value. Hard to find a combination that will work seamlessly.

Shred away my friend.

The Seahawks are truly a joke. One Super Bowl title in FRANCHISE history and you think you can dish out blueprints lmao. As much of a screw up as Jerry Jones has been the last 25 years, he still kicks the ass of all the GM's in Seattle's franchise history 3 Super Bowl titles to 1 any way you cut it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shred away my friend.

Or hire a coach with a supply of Adderall.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are truly a joke. One Super Bowl title in FRANCHISE history and you think you can dish out blueprints lmao. As much of a screw up as Jerry Jones has been the last 25 years, he still kicks the ass of all the GM's in Seattle's franchise history 3 Super Bowl titles to 1 any way you cut it.

UK, according to verified quotes by some guy named Jimmy Johnson...Jerry as a GM, has never won a Super Bowl. So, I'm not sure your "kicks the ass" quote is entirely correct. Unless of course you are referring to your own "ass" being kicked on this thread.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK, according to verified quotes by some guy named Jimmy Johnson...Jerry as a GM, has never won a Super Bowl. So, I'm not sure your "kicks the ass" quote is entirely correct. Unless of course you are referring to your own "ass" being kicked on this thread.

From one troll to another. The Redskins, a historical roll of toilet paper to the Cowboys. Jerry's title of GM, change it to whatever you like, he still has more Super Bowl Rings than the Redskins and Seahawks COMBINED since he arrived. Combined, Troll
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shred away my friend.

What about "America" screams "hands off"?

Go count how many Dallas fans care enough to post on the Seattle board, then count how many seattle fans are here. Considering our irrelevance, Dallas is still on your mind for some reason. Wonder what that reason could be?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From one troll to another. The Redskins, a historical roll of toilet paper to the Cowboys. Jerry's title of GM, change it to whatever you like, he still has more Super Bowl Rings than the Redskins and Seahawks COMBINED since he arrived. Combined, Troll

Really? You should have phoned-a-friend on that one. Funny stuff UK.

Last time I checked 4>3.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time I checked 4>3.

since 1989 when Jones bought the Cowboys, the Cowboys have won 3 SB's, the Redskins and Seahawks have won 1 each

3 > 2

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time I checked 4>3.

Maybe you need to Phone-A-Friend. Since Jerry arrived he has 3 while the Skins and Seahawks both have one. Even a troll should be able to see that 3 is more than 1+1. You can't really be that stupid.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A joke? That is a bit over the top. Seattle laid out the NFL's leading offensive team. The joke in that game was the other team.
Did you listen to what Aikman said during is color commentary regarding Seattle's prior visit to the SB in 05? I forget his words but he said we were jobbed. No big. I only mention that because we were in it to win and we got lots of tough nitty picky calls.
We have been in 2 Super Bowls this millenium, winning one and our franchise is a joke?:wtf2: