• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got arund to putting them up ....... In the game thread.

So lets watch and see what happens
thought the pics were funny. I figured they would ban you after the Heath Shuler Comment LOL
That was just mean :becky:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have posted on the skins board several times and only had 1 problem

It was in a thread Shark started and I asked about his son in the military and sending a card during basic

Somebody got offended and said I was trying to derail the thread. I responded and politely reminded him that this was about a service member of the US Armed Forces and he need to check his attitude. Servicemen and women are more important than football everyday, anytime. I should have sent a PM to Shark but did not , I Was reported to Skinsdad and he totally backed me up.

I thought it was pure class IMHO.

It was not Shark he answered me

I have not had issues over there but I don't go looking for a fight either.

Just my point of view

Someone reported you for that? That is just embarrassing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just verified what I thought about the "nature" of the team boards and the style that they are run.

I know some of you think that most skins posters are "defensive" (and I do see the validity regarding some of the reasons ive seen listed), but I have seen cowboy posters that have no problems on the skins board. The problems seem to happen mostly amongst posters that have previous history with each other.

Also, ford, I think you make a great point. Skins fans are hating life right now and are definitly more sensitive than normal.

I thought you all were a classy bunch this week. I expected more poking, but it ain't much fun when the rival is so dejected...

If specific posters ARENT following your board rules and are driving everyone crazy, you should ban them after warning them.

Personally, I'm still not over losing to you all. Hating it. Was pissed off all week actually. Can't wait to return the favor later this season.

I didn't mean to make it sounds like "most" were defensive. But it only takes 1 or 2 to cause an issue for a fan of another team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's not true.
Earl was on the cowboys skins thread & wasn't even saying anything bad. just made a point against what some other poster said. he had no defense. they just brought the hammer down on him (pun intended) :D

I agree with you, and so does Hammer. It's been fixed.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to make it sounds like "most" were defensive. But it only takes 1 or 2 to cause an issue for a fan of another team.

Totally understand, ford, and hope that the issue got resolved with everyone satisfied. Thought the whole Earl thing was ridiculous myself.

Btw, love the avatar you're sporting! Classic.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
atleast it got resolved.

Sorry it had to goto that extent to be resolved though

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EARL!

Earl talks football with the best of um....always has

I think somewhere lost in the delusion of these forums is "talking football" is supposed to mean we all agree.

I think opposite.... If we all agreed what would be the purpose of talking about it.

I don't care when someone agrees with me or doesn't.... Never have. Also have no problem stating why I think the way I do.

Aint that the whole point of "discussion"?

Too many on that Skin board dont realize that

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins only needed every player on the Bears to get hurt in order to win.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally understand, ford, and hope that the issue got resolved with everyone satisfied. Thought the whole Earl thing was ridiculous myself.

Btw, love the avatar you're sporting! Classic.

I would like to know @ this point in time would you trade Bob to the Rams for those picks yall gave up to get him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to know @ this point in time would you trade Bob to the Rams for those picks yall gave up to get him.

For me, absolutely not. I have a loooooong memory. I'm well aware of how difficult it is to find a franchise guy at that position. I've seen way too many QBs in DC fail. It is THE critical position in the game, particularly with the offensive happy league of today. Its almost impossible to be competitive nowadays, without a solid QB.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, absolutely not. I have a loooooong memory. I'm well aware of how difficult it is to find a franchise guy at that position. I've seen way too many QBs in DC fail. It is THE critical position in the game, particularly with the offensive happy league of today. Its almost impossible to be competitive nowadays, without a solid QB.

So you wouldnt rather have Cousins & the draft picks? That would be a interested question for the Skids Board...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you wouldnt rather have Cousins & the draft picks? That would be a interested question for the Skids Board...

Me? No. Others, maybe. There was a reason Cousins was picked in the 4th round, IMO. As long as Griff continues to progress, develop and stay healthy, there really is no discussion to be had.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out makes Cousins such a sure thing for NFL stardom

The same can be asked about Bob, one solid season doesn't a career make....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out makes Cousins such a sure thing for NFL stardom

Right? It's crazy time based on the sample size. Maybe, given time and experience, but that could be argued for a lot of back ups. DC is crazy about "back up" conversation. It comes from years of disillusion at the position and a lack of "big picture" focus.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Griffin than the 2 first rounders personally. If you draft well in the later rounds you can overcome not having a first.
I would make that trade again and again.Trent Richardson went 3rd overall and Morris went (192?) it doesn't matter where your picked as long as you got the will to succeed it don't matter.
* stepping of the soapbox*

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington fans are worried about Dallas's cap next season.
If it's not last year, now it's next season.
Funny....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington fans are worried about Dallas's cap next season.
If it's not last year, now it's next season.
Funny....

Guess I missed that same exact thread on the boys forum.

Funny