• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''short of amputation''? You guys are even more desperate than I thought. Every time you blow your knee, it comes back at a percentage less than 100% of what it was, regardless of what desperate, delusional fans think. After two, that knee is 75-80% max. Easier to blow out again each time. Three strikes and you're out. As to Kyle, LMAO, Houston's offense??? With Foster and Johnson, a top 5 RB and WR, they could score points if they ran the Wing-T lol

So Let me get this, an I want you to go on record. Are you trying to float the idea that if RG3 cant run the read option or be a running QB that he will fail?? Please, give us your honest opinion on this??

And secondly... Dallas has Romo whom you profess to be a great QB. They have Dez Bryant, whom you proclaim one of the top five WRs in the league. You have Jason Witten, a first ballot hall of famer. So why hasnt dallas been able to get past the first round of the playoffs?? You score bunches of points after all. So why havent they been as good as Houston??

But please, answer the first question. Forget injury. You seriously think the only thing RG3 has is his legs??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way guys, that question is wide open to all of you.

Any one really think RG3 cant be a more traditional passer. Or is his entire game based of his ability to run??

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched RG3 at Baylor before 90% of Redskins fans new what the R or the G stood for. I dont need to see him Monday night to know what he is. He's a super talented kid, who hasn't seen the adjustments that the best DC's in the world are gonna lay on him in his second year, he's been elevated by desperate Redskins fans begging for something after being the laughingstock of the league for a decade, his head has swollen to the point he can't open his mouth without spewing some jibberish about how great he is, and he's had 2 reconstructive knee surgeries before playing his 2nd season. He is a maybe, not a sure thing

Dude.. seriously. You talk this smack and act as if RG3 and more importantly Kyle Shanahan have spent the last eight months sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. You dont think Kyle will adjust his game plan?? You dont think RG3 has the ability to IMPROVE on his play from last year?? You say you know about him, then you know he will likely improve. The only reason he wouldnt is injury which you seem to be PRAYING for.

My bad, when you have had a play caller that is stuck on confusion the past five years and a QB who puts up big stats but not much else... I guess its easy to expect others to stay stuck in the same gear year after year.

Not going to say I agree with UK on RGIII because he scares the shit out of me. but at least gave an actual reason why he questions RGIII's chances at success in the NFL instead of "It Seems Like". But hey this is the Cowboys board so our opinions don't count.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any one really think RG3 cant be a more traditional passer. Or is his entire game based of his ability to run??

I never said he couldn't learn, I said it would be tougher on him this year. You usually aren't as delusional as most Skins fans, but to think NFL DC's wont take away the things he does best is a little naive. And as far as his knee, if Troy Aikman had had two major knee injuries before his rookie season was complete, I would have been worried, and Troy was a pocket QB. For a guy like RG3, he could still be effective in the pocket, but I suspect Morris would be running for 800-900 yards instead of 1500 if the threat of Griffin keeping the ball weren't there. If I were a Skins fan, yeah, I would be concerned

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to say I agree with UK on RGIII because he scares the shit out of me. but at least gave an actual reason why he questions RGIII's chances at success in the NFL instead of "It Seems Like". But hey this is the Cowboys board so our opinions don't count.

we don't count is right.

I think anybody would say, no matter how great he MAY be, defensive coordinators would rather keep him in the pocket and beating them with is arm. Like UK.....many of us know full well what Bob griffin is all about, and yet....even after one season of pure greatness. Not ready to say the next 10 years is sure greatness. I really think it's the last part that kills the skin fans.

I still maintain nothing Washington or Bob did last year is anything Romo hasn't in the NFL other than rushing yards which is kinda the point. No way Bob comes out running on instinct like the greatness he was last year. His passing may kill defense's, but that's exactly the trade off D-Coords will take.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he couldn't learn, I said it would be tougher on him this year. You usually aren't as delusional as most Skins fans, but to think NFL DC's wont take away the things he does best is a little naive. And as far as his knee, if Troy Aikman had had two major knee injuries before his rookie season was complete, I would have been worried, and Troy was a pocket QB. For a guy like RG3, he could still be effective in the pocket, but I suspect Morris would be running for 800-900 yards instead of 1500 if the threat of Griffin keeping the ball weren't there. If I were a Skins fan, yeah, I would be concerned

Got to call reach dude. DCs around the league know what most of the top QBs do well and attempt every week to take that away. And to assume that RG3 and our offense will simple do what they did last year with no changes is naive as well. But you have made it apparent that you think RG3 likely wont be able to stay healthy. You have also made it clear that you think Morris was just a product of the RG3 threat. Despite the fact that he produced even when we didnt run a single read option and even when RG3 wasnt on the field. Will he get 1600 yards again this year?? Probably not. But I dont think any one expects his production to be cut in half.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey shark...remember that early summer discussion on the skins board about defensing the read option/ The one where skinsdad went nuts talking about cheap hits? You see this between Green Bay & Harbaugh? Pretty much my position back then about carrying out that fake IF the Ware types go right at Bob being free game. Boy...did redskin nation get pissed at my views. Can't wait for football.

"I believe that when a quarterback is handing a ball off or faking a ball -- in the read-option case, he's reading on an option play and he's as defenseless as a quarterback who's in the act of throwing," Harbaugh said.

"One of the things that the referees have told us is that when these quarterbacks carry out the fakes, they lose their right as a quarterback, a pocket-passing quarterback, the protection of a quarterback," Matthews said Wednesday on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike." "So with that, you do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they're too important to their offense. If that means they pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that's exactly what we're going for. So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable."

"The quarterback can be hit like a runner until he's clearly out of the play," Blandino said in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we don't count is right.

I think anybody would say, no matter how great he MAY be, defensive coordinators would rather keep him in the pocket and beating them with is arm. Like UK.....many of us know full well what Bob griffin is all about, and yet....even after one season of pure greatness. Not ready to say the next 10 years is sure greatness. I really think it's the last part that kills the skin fans.

I still maintain nothing Washington or Bob did last year is anything Romo hasn't in the NFL other than rushing yards which is kinda the point. No way Bob comes out running on instinct like the greatness he was last year. His passing may kill defense's, but that's exactly the trade off D-Coords will take.

Those are all valid points, which is exactly why most Redskins fans will dismiss them. The kid has a lot of talent. He had a great year, that's a fact. He also has had two major injuries to his knee, and if he continues to rush for nearly 1000 yards, which is great, it's gonna get blown out again. And if he is limited to being a pocket passer, no, I don't think he will be the QB Romo is either. I know most Skins fans want him to be Joe Montana part 2, but until he wins a Super Bowl or two, I'm going to avoid joining the suckfest

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I would never say your opinions dont matter. But they are tainted by your team affiliation. So they are not exactly unbiased. Which I would not expect them to be. So Im going to let it slide for now. This season should be interesting. Nite guys

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say his RUNNING goes a LONG way in helping his passing game. The defenses were so worried about his taking off via the run they had to ease up a little on the pass rush. If RGIII's running game does not suffer from knee injuries he will put up very nice passing numbers and be thorn in defenders backs. However the threat of him running lessens his passing numbers will most likely suffer. We'll have to wait to see if his knee is fine or if the team decides the injury risk is too great for him to rum as much as he did.

All I have to say is he's not facing College defenders any more. He's playing with the big boys now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to call reach dude. DCs around the league know what most of the top QBs do well and attempt every week to take that away. And to assume that RG3 and our offense will simple do what they did last year with no changes is naive as well. But you have made it apparent that you think RG3 likely wont be able to stay healthy. You have also made it clear that you think Morris was just a product of the RG3 threat. Despite the fact that he produced even when we didnt run a single read option and even when RG3 wasnt on the field. Will he get 1600 yards again this year?? Probably not. But I dont think any one expects his production to be cut in half.

I said 800-900 IF RG3 weren't a threat to keep the ball. There is no doubt in my mind that RG3 helped make Morris look a little stronger than he is. As to DC's, if it were me, I would fill against the inside run like there's no tomorrow. Give RG3 a lane and dare him to run. Maybe he beats you, or maybe Cousins is in on the next play

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I would never say your opinions dont matter. But they are tainted by your team affiliation. So they are not exactly unbiased. Which I would not expect them to be. So Im going to let it slide for now. This season should be interesting. Nite guys

adios shark, just remember
your views are tainted as well and my point about defensing read option and BOB in the pocket is exactly what will be on display far more than last season. It's really football 101 IF your view wasn'y "so tainted"

LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Night Shark

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shark, I hope you do know when I say I have no issue with you here. Even when you poke a stick it's minor, But I must disagree with you here because UK gave you his opinion from what he saw of RGIII in college, which is a lot more than the skins posters here with the Romo is a choker or stat patter comments. Agree with me or not I believe I have clearly proven it's not Romo who chokes. It the whole damn team. Yes this includes Tony.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nite Shark. I'd venture to say are opinions are no more biased than that of Skin fans.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just that he's better than Theisman, it's the fact that he is head and shoulders better than many Skin QB a large majority ever saw play. Now that I think about it, why are we even concerned what a Skid fan thinks about any QB. It's not like you'd know a good one any way.

I love it when you guys start talking about "facts". It seems the "facts" get skewed when it doesn't add up in a positive light for the Boys. Where do you come up with this stuff? The Cowboy fan wonderland encyclopedia?

Here are the FACTS.

Theismann NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1)
Romo NFL Offensive Player of the Year (0)

Theismann 6-2 career playoff record
Romo 1-3 career playoff record

Theismann (2) game winning playoff drives
Romo (0) game winning playoff drives

Theismann Super Bowl Appearances (2)
Romo Super Bowl Appearances (0)

Theismann Super Winning QB (1)
Romo Super Bowl Winning QB (0)

Game over

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when you guys start talking about "facts". It seems the "facts" get skewed when it doesn't add up in a positive light for the Boys. Where do you come up with this stuff? The Cowboy fan wonderland encyclopedia?

Here are the FACTS.

Theismann NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1)
Romo NFL Offensive Player of the Year (0)

Theismann 6-2 career playoff record
Romo 1-3 career playoff record

Theismann (2) game winning playoff drives
Romo (0) game winning playoff drives

Theismann Super Bowl Appearances (2)
Romo Super Bowl Appearances (0)

Theismann Super Winning QB (1)
Romo Super Bowl Winning QB (0)

Game over
That's good stuff right there. I think people think of theisman as a punch line because of the "hilarious" time his leg snapped on MNF but he was a damn good QB.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good stuff right there. I think people think of theisman as a punch line because of the "hilarious" time his leg snapped on MNF but he was a damn good QB.

Yea that was pretty funny according to Dallas fans, but even as he was being carried off that night he left that field a champion. How this team dreams of a champion like Theismann, but all they get are nightmares.:laugh3:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we don't count is right.

PDay, I don't disagree with anything you really say here with the exception that RG3 hasn't done anything that Romo has (except rushing). What RG3 did last year was take a poor team and put them on his back and carry them into the playoffs. As a rookie. RG3 made everyone around him better (Morris has been used as an example in this thread, but the OL also benefited from RG3). Romo has great skills, but he has never singlehandly carried the Boys to the playoffs. He needs support. If he gets a good running game and good OL protection, he will be very dangerous with his current receiving corp. But he has never shown the leadership that RG3 did last year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay, I don't disagree with anything you really say here with the exception that RG3 hasn't done anything that Romo has (except rushing). What RG3 did last year was take a poor team and put them on his back and carry them into the playoffs. As a rookie. RG3 made everyone around him better (Morris has been used as an example in this thread, but the OL also benefited from RG3). Romo has great skills, but he has never singlehandly carried the Boys to the playoffs. He needs support. If he gets a good running game and good OL protection, he will be very dangerous with his current receiving corp. But he has never shown the leadership that RG3 did last year.

opinions vary here joy cause their subjective as hell and can not be proven.

1. RG3 had a team he put on his back and carried them to the playoffs
2. Romo never singlehandly carried the boy to the playoffs

IF you know anything about my football opinions then you know I value the QB position as much as the next guy but strongly believe this is a team game and NO man carries any team anywhere. As great as Montana was at his position....he never singlelandly did anything in football nor carried the 9'ers anywhere.

BOB was great last year and his signing has turned your franchise from what they had been. Romo in many many ways did the same in Dallas when he took over as the QB in Dallas after what we put under center after aikman for many years. Tony Romo was pretty darn good in 2009 when we won our only playoff game in years. He played his role extremely well that season, even in the loss to the Vikings.

Lastly.....how do you know Romo isn't a good leader? and...how do you measure leadership to pronounce one so superior to the other? Most fans can't do that.

least you're in your designated area.................LOL

Last edited by a moderator: