• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found another one that is 9-4 in the playoffs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I really have a question. Would u rather have a QB with the yards or playoff wins? If the higher stats are Romo's with a 1-3 record in the playoffs. I can find at least one QB with the lower stats that u showed that had a 9-7 record in his prime with a less talented team then Dallas has now.

As for Tony's 1-3 record in the playoffs, sure he shoulders some of the blame but not nearly the amount haters try to pile on him. I can point to too many reasons why we don't have the playoff wins and I'd point to Tony a very little percent of the time. That RGIII will never win a playoff game off his 0-1 record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the smack talk thread, so I can throw this out there... we all know that this is the Cowboys fan motto right now when it comes to Romo

All in on romo.jpg

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Tony's 1-3 record in the playoffs, sure he shoulders some of the blame but not nearly the amount haters try to pile on him. I can point to too many reasons why we don't have the playoff wins and I'd point to Tony a very little percent of the time. That RGIII will never win a playoff game off his 0-1 record.
Manster, I know it is about the SB. That is why when I see people talking stats it kills me. I will take a QB that has 1500 yds and 10 td's, if they can win the SB. The two QB's I found were McNabb and Flacco.

Enjoy the game, and thank God football is back.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster, I know it is about the SB. That is why when I see people talking stats it kills me. I will take a QB that has 1500 yds and 10 td's, if they can win the SB. The two QB's I found were McNabb and Flacco.

Can you find me a QB in todays football that has won a SB with 1500 yards? Im not saying you HAVE to have a great QB, but he has to be more than a 1500 yard guy. The closest you might find is McMahon at a little over 2000 yards, but he may have had the greatest single season defense to ever represent the NFL.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. Now would you rather play QB behind Romo's line or Flacco's? What defense would you prefer be there to support you? Are you a fan who discounts Emmitt and Troy because of the line they played behind.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you find me a QB in todays football that has won a SB with 1500 yards? Im not saying you HAVE to have a great QB, but he has to be more than a 1500 yard guy. The closest you might find is McMahon at a little over 2000 yards, but he may have had the greatest single season defense to ever represent the NFL.

flacco threw for just under 3000 last year and won it all. And Im sorry manster, but show me ANY starting QB last year who played in 10 games or more and threw for less than 2500 yards. Aslo.. Kapernick threw for 1814 and was in the Super Bowl. The guys who lead the league in passing... Brees, Stafford and Romo, none of them made the playoffs.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flacco threw for just under 3000 last year and won it all. And Im sorry manster, but show me ANY starting QB last year who played in 10 games or more and threw for less than 2500 yards. Aslo.. Kapernick threw for 1814 and was in the Super Bowl. The guys who lead the league in passing... Brees, Stafford and Romo, none of them made the playoffs.

And Kapernick started 7 regular season games. The SIMPLY point I'm trying to make is Tony is not the SOLE problem on this team. In fact I would argue while he does deserve some blame he is far from the biggest problem. OL, WR's not knowing where to line up or what route to run, WR dropping guaranteed td's because they decided to run or a TD before they caught the ball. Countless motion penalties on the OL and TE's RB's who somehow manage to get tackled by their own shadow, coaches not understand when they absolutely must run the ball with 3 score leads. I just wish people would stop being media mice and decide to really watch the complete circus we end up way too often. Trust me I'm not trying to completely absolve Tony, but he get's too damn n=much of the blame. What give me hope is even with 30 circus acts being performed in Dallas yearly we stiil find a way to stay in the hunt until the end.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Kapernick started 7 regular season games. The SIMPLY point I'm trying to make is Tony is not the SOLE problem on this team. In fact I would argue while he does deserve some blame he is far from the biggest problem. OL, WR's not knowing where to line up or what route to run, WR dropping guaranteed td's because they decided to run or a TD before they caught the ball. Countless motion penalties on the OL and TE's RB's who somehow manage to get tackled by their own shadow, coaches not understand when they absolutely must run the ball with 3 score leads. I just wish people would stop being media mice and decide to really watch the complete circus we end up way too often. Trust me I'm not trying to completely absolve Tony, but he get's too damn n=much of the blame. What give me hope is even with 30 circus acts being performed in Dallas yearly we stiil find a way to stay in the hunt until the end.

Oh I agree he isnt the sole problem in Dallas. I dont even think he is the biggest problem. that would fall on the owner. But my point is, 4000 yards and 25 TDs dont buy you much unless its in fantasy football. Dallas needs a running game (which I still dont think they have), Health on both lines, which again they dont have. And combine hat with Romo's age and contract and the Window is getting rather tight. I think dallas has a three year window. If they dont get a Lombardi in that window, because of cap and big money tied into players over 30, Dallas will have to rebuild.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QOUTE=Arlintgon Asshole] I agree with bluejinx. Loved it when theismans skinny leg snapped. I also loved it when rg3 went down in the playoffs

Pday... its assholes like this that give me the impression that Cowboys fans are infact assholes and wish injury on RG3 because they fear what he could do if he stays healthy.

Even you got to admit, thats weak.[/QUOTE]

Every fan base has them. Don't remember the name, but one of the skins fans was over here "hoping" every Cowboy goes down with toe injuries this week.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing QB wins to judge how good they are is just simple minded.
Don't see why anyone would debate with People that think QB wins all games & lose all games. It is a team sport.
I guess those arguing would rather have Dilfer.
I would rather have Romo over Superbowl Champ Dilfer, on that Ravens team. The reason Qbs that have poor records or poor playoff records but great stats is because they have to play so much better to get the team to that point. Now you make a list of QBs & try saying they suck or aren't as good as lesser QBs because they are on lesser teams than the lesser QBs.

Hell Brees didn't even have a head coach last year.
Good teams with an avg. Qb trumps Avg. teams with a good QB.

So to answer your question I would take a QB with kick ass stats & make the team better around him.

Rather than have a QB that is limited like a Dilfer with superbowl victory.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoopy... I would take a QB who is above average stats wise, but doesnt have a tendency to cost the team games. Stats are cool, dont get me wrong. But when your stats leaders all didnt make the playoffs, that should tell you that stats CAN be over rated. And I would bet most fans would sell their dogs soul for an average QB like Dilfer who did just enough to help his team win a Super Bowl over the guy who passed for 4000 yards that year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoopy... I would take a QB who is above average stats wise, but doesnt have a tendency to cost the team games. Stats are cool, dont get me wrong. But when your stats leaders all didnt make the playoffs, that should tell you that stats CAN be over rated. And I would bet most fans would sell their dogs soul for an average QB like Dilfer who did just enough to help his team win a Super Bowl over the guy who passed for 4000 yards that year.
Dilfer would have been an interception machine or King of 3 & outs on this team. There is no scenario I would want that. Might as well pick up Tebow if that is all you want out of your QB position. late Ints never happen on a better "team".
Cowboys have only gotten as far as they have because of the way Romo plays. Like one of you skins fans said. You don't want Romo getting hurt so we can atleast get to 8-8 & not get a top pick in the draft. (Which is giving Romo credit)
Any QB you guys want to argue about. Quit looking at what they do on their team & try & figure out how they would do with Romo's team.
Romo has made a couple bad passes, but he is no where near what you guys would like to make him out to be.

I am more than Comfortable with him being on my favorite team & if/when the team gets good. He will look even better. It is absurd to think you would rather have a Dilfer over Romo on any team.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree he isnt the sole problem in Dallas. I dont even think he is the biggest problem. that would fall on the owner. But my point is, 4000 yards and 25 TDs dont buy you much unless its in fantasy football. Dallas needs a running game (which I still dont think they have), Health on both lines, which again they dont have. And combine hat with Romo's age and contract and the Window is getting rather tight. I think dallas has a three year window. If they dont get a Lombardi in that window, because of cap and big money tied into players over 30, Dallas will have to rebuild.

OK, Let me say it this way. If Dallas had the defense and the running game that made it possible for us to have a QB throw for 150 yards and 1/2 a TD per game and still give us a shot at a SB I'b be happy to have him, However I have not seen that team in Dallas for a good many years. Right now we need that QB who can get you 3 times those numbers to even be competitive.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Now would you rather play QB behind Romo's line or Flacco's? What defense would you prefer be there to support you? Are you a fan who discounts Emmitt and Troy because of the line they played behind.
I would never discount Emmitt or Troy but I would rather have Dorsett and Staubach in a big game with everything on the line.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!!!
Let's get back to the beginning of this conversation. I made a comment about how any QB is one play away from a career ending injury and mentioned Joe Thiesmenn. Bluejersey made the comment about how that was his favorite memory and Arlington talked about how he liked it when his little leg snaped and RGIII's as well. Again I do not relish in the pain or agony of another player from other teams due to having ACL surgery myself and know how much pain that is. Their reasoning was for the shock factor. So I made the comment of hoping Romo stays healthy so it will be a couple of more years before they draft a #1 QB and we can expect Dallas to be 8-8 average for awhile.

Now everything has started to get blown out of the water that I think Romo is not a good QB. I feel he is top 10 in the league Stats wise. He will make his yards and TD's every year no matter who he has playing with him on the Offense. That is an acknowledgement of his skills as a QB. My problem with Romo is the thing that makes QB's great. Stepping up in the big game, not making the mistake at the wrong time, and being that person that when he steps on the field with less then 2 min that the game is in the bag. I have a lot of Dallas fans as friends. When we watch the game the comments are always "Please do not throw an interception." That is not confidence in the QB.

All I was saying is if you look just at stats and not what the QB brings to the team, then you are stuck in that average place for a long time. Let me give you another example. One of the better QB in the 90's was Drew Beldsoe. He had great stats for that time period, gets hurt, in steps a 6th rounder in Brady and the rest is history. Same team around him and turned the team into a power house. He was able to bring confidence to the team and everyone played better. Romo does not do that for Dallas. RGIII does that for the Skins. We know if we can keep it close we have a chance on the last play. We have not had this feeling as a fan base for a very long time.

I would also never discount Emmitt and Troy, and to even mention Romo and Troy as being the same (even if Romo surpasses him in stats) is slapping Troy in the face. Troy was one of the best Clutch passers in the league and with the game on the line, less the 2 minutes, I am hard pressed to name 2 to 3 guys I would rather have on the field.

One other thing. Please do not talk about OL, dropped passes, injuries, etc..... The common denominator over the last 7 years on this team is Romo, and he has had a good team around him over that time period. Every year that is all we here is that Dallas is the favorite to win the NFCE and a great chance to win the whole thing. This is not fans stating this, it is the people that know a little about the sport and are not homers for Dallas.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only sad part to this story is that the rest of the league hopes the Romo stays healthy so the Cowboys will not go after a top pick in the draft and they will stay an 8-8 team for awhile. At least when you hope the other team QB gets hurt it is so it gives you a better chance of winning.

Yep Keep telling yourself that a QB capable or 4000" yards and 25TD's a season, and for the most part doing this behind a suspect OL at best is bad for the Cowboys. The more I see this kind of thoughts the more I smell fear in the opposition.

I did not know that football was about stats. I thought that is was about wins and getting to the playoffs, then the Super Bowl. There are a lot of QB's that have the same stats that will be at home come January. romo does not scare me, hence not wishing him harm. Though Dez and Ware on the other hand, all bets are off. They can get as ding up as much as possible. Romo getting that big game monkey off his back is going to be real hard.

FLSkin, Actually I see this whole thing got off the ground by this little exchange between you and I. Yes your first post was in response to Blue talking about injuries and making fun of Theisman, but I can't see how anyone can truly wants a QB who is a capable of putting up the numbers Romo can to stay on the opposing team. Now I see you see him as a top 10 QB, I'll ask. How can he not scare you. Here's something that has been covered many times about Romo, Romo's numbers are better in December than the rest of the season. Dallas does do a lot of late season collapses but to see Romo as THE culprit is simply wrong.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FLSkin, Actually I see this whole thing got off the ground by this little exchange between you and I. Yes your first post was in response to Blue talking about injuries and making fun of Theisman, but I can't see how anyone can truly wants a QB who is a capable of putting up the numbers Romo can to stay on the opposing team. Now I see you see him as a top 10 QB, I'll ask. How can he not scare you. Here's something that has been covered many times about Romo, Romo's numbers are better in December than the rest of the season. Dallas does do a lot of late season collapses but to see Romo as THE culprit is simply wrong.
I do not see him as the only issue. Of course you need your team to step up and make plays, but for 7 years it just seems that when Dallas is just to make something good happen, Romo makes a mistake. I do not know of any team that has their starting QB hold for the Kicker since the mid 90's, but in the playoff game in 2006 Romo was there to make that mistake. The last game last year. Romo had a bad game going. We punt, your man had a great return and with a penalty ended up on the Wash 16 and 3 plays later, TD and 2pt conversion and your with in 3. We go 3 and out and you get the ball back on a roll. He has a chance to finally take a game that matters and win. Completes the first pass to Witten for 15 then throws and int which we turn into a 2 min drive with a TD and ends the game.
All I am saying is that on Dallas, Romo does not scare me like Dez and Ware do. When Dez gets the ball in his hands at the end of the game, he can make a lot happen (but he has to get it in his hands), and if we need a drive to win, the last thing I want to see is Ware ready to pounce.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!!!
Let's get back to the beginning of this conversation. I made a comment about how any QB is one play away from a career ending injury and mentioned Joe Thiesmenn. Bluejersey made the comment about how that was his favorite memory and Arlington talked about how he liked it when his little leg snaped and RGIII's as well. Again I do not relish in the pain or agony of another player from other teams due to having ACL surgery myself and know how much pain that is. Their reasoning was for the shock factor. So I made the comment of hoping Romo stays healthy so it will be a couple of more years before they draft a #1 QB and we can expect Dallas to be 8-8 average for awhile.

Now everything has started to get blown out of the water that I think Romo is not a good QB. I feel he is top 10 in the league Stats wise. He will make his yards and TD's every year no matter who he has playing with him on the Offense. That is an acknowledgement of his skills as a QB. My problem with Romo is the thing that makes QB's great. Stepping up in the big game, not making the mistake at the wrong time, and being that person that when he steps on the field with less then 2 min that the game is in the bag. I have a lot of Dallas fans as friends. When we watch the game the comments are always "Please do not throw an interception." That is not confidence in the QB.

All I was saying is if you look just at stats and not what the QB brings to the team, then you are stuck in that average place for a long time. Let me give you another example. One of the better QB in the 90's was Drew Beldsoe. He had great stats for that time period, gets hurt, in steps a 6th rounder in Brady and the rest is history. Same team around him and turned the team into a power house. He was able to bring confidence to the team and everyone played better. Romo does not do that for Dallas. RGIII does that for the Skins. We know if we can keep it close we have a chance on the last play. We have not had this feeling as a fan base for a very long time.

I would also never discount Emmitt and Troy, and to even mention Romo and Troy as being the same (even if Romo surpasses him in stats) is slapping Troy in the face. Troy was one of the best Clutch passers in the league and with the game on the line, less the 2 minutes, I am hard pressed to name 2 to 3 guys I would rather have on the field.

One other thing. Please do not talk about OL, dropped passes, injuries, etc..... The common denominator over the last 7 years on this team is Romo, and he has had a good team around him over that time period. Every year that is all we here is that Dallas is the favorite to win the NFCE and a great chance to win the whole thing. This is not fans stating this, it is the people that know a little about the sport and are not homers for Dallas.
you not being a Cowboys I guess may not know what the cowboys think, but it has been said several times in the past couple years. The Cowboys believe they can win if they are within 14 points late in the 4th qtr. The team has plenty of confidence in Romo & Romo in himself. Its the media & those of you that want to over hype his every mistake that wants to claim otherwise.