• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really shark?
it's all the points you made this summer that you think cowboy fans are irritated about. Is it cowboy fans or me? I mean you started with cowboy fans and then went dude at the end.

Glad you admitted I'm basically right about your frequent visits here now that you have the sweep and the cap superiority. It's a payback kinda thing from the years of abuse from the catnip, Logan types. We all have to pay and anyone that challenges? well....their a crybaby cause it's Washington's time.

crazy, but I respect you more for saying as much as to why you're here way more than in years past.

:suds:....funny thing about you and me shark.....somebody is sure going to enjoy this football season.

Pday... when have I ever called you a cry baby. You have seemed a little sensitive. And yes i admit thats a jab. But again, can you honestly say all I bring is the stick to poke, when the majority of the time I try and stay on topic, stay on FOOTBALL and try and avoid making it personal with any of you guys?? And yes, I was talking directly to you, hence the use of the word dude.

I will agree, its going to be a fun season. I suspect you and I will have a few good witty banter moments. Im looking forward to it. And i will keep the serious shit slinging where it belongs... in this thread. Deal?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pday... when have I ever called you a cry baby. You have seemed a little sensitive. And yes i admit thats a jab. But again, can you honestly say all I bring is the stick to poke, when the majority of the time I try and stay on topic, stay on FOOTBALL and try and avoid making it personal with any of you guys?? And yes, I was talking directly to you, hence the use of the word dude.

I will agree, its going to be a fun season. I suspect you and I will have a few good witty banter moments. Im looking forward to it. And i will keep the serious shit slinging where it belongs... in this thread. Deal?

I can do that

BTW....tired of the BS would be my version

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Pday... so honest question before I comment.

Dallas making all these roster moves five days before their season opener.. good thing or bad thing for THIS season??

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Pday... so honest question before I comment.

Dallas making all these roster moves five days before their season opener.. good thing or bad thing for THIS season??

"THIS" season .... good ...

Can never have too many pass rushers.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"THIS" season .... good ...

Can never have too many pass rushers.

good call. down side is, a month to late on some of these deals. Waters should have been a done deal a month ago. think if he had been there for training camp, he gives you at best a starting Guard for week one, at worst depth. five days before the season, any one you are signing is going to take 3-5 weeks to get up to speed on the Cowboys systems. Most of the pass rushers will be situational right now, and if they are pressed into starting...... :L

But over all if Jerry isnt comfortable with the roster, its mostly smart moves.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good call. down side is, a month to late on some of these deals. Waters should have been a done deal a month ago. think if he had been there for training camp, he gives you at best a starting Guard for week one, at worst depth. five days before the season, any one you are signing is going to take 3-5 weeks to get up to speed on the Cowboys systems. Most of the pass rushers will be situational right now, and if they are pressed into starting...... :L

But over all if Jerry isnt comfortable with the roster, its mostly smart moves.

I agree with about half of what you said ...

Waters wont be a week one starter ( we disagree)
Depth (only in a have too ... this week... not in football shape ... Dont think he will be on the field... this week)

3-5 week to catch up ... disagree.... but agree with you on they will be situational .... they are used on plays they can learn simply ... rush the Qb ... unless it's a stunt .... thats not hard to learn ... wont be 3-5 weeks .... (BTW none of the guys we are picking up (minus Waters) even has a shot at starting barring injury

JPP will be out Sunday .... which really helps our O-line get through week one ...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with about half of what you said ...

Waters wont be a week one starter ( we disagree)
Depth (only in a have too ... this week... not in football shape ... Dont think he will be on the field... this week)

3-5 week to catch up ... disagree.... but agree with you on they will be situational .... they are used on plays they can learn simply ... rush the Qb ... unless it's a stunt .... thats not hard to learn ... wont be 3-5 weeks .... (BTW none of the guys we are picking up (minus Waters) even has a shot at starting barring injury

JPP will be out Sunday .... which really helps our O-line get through week one ...

think you miss what I was saying.

Had waters been signed a month ago, I think he starts. Coming in now after voluntarily sitting out a year, I think he is depth at best for the next 3-5 weeks.

the pass rushers are situational right now period. If for any reason they are pressed into starting duty, means things have gone severly wrong some where. for situational they are good moves, but I dont think they provide real depth again for 3-5 weeks while they catch up to what YOUR team does.

Side note on Waters, since his money is guaranteed no matter what, signing him a month ago would have been better for the team, even if it cost a little more. It ensures that...

1. He is in shape
2. He has time to gel with the rest of the O-line
3. He actually wants to play and isnt just signing for the guaranteed salary

Good move if he is in shape and wants to play, bad move if he just missed the pay check.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think you miss what I was saying.

Had waters been signed a month ago, I think he starts. Coming in now after voluntarily sitting out a year, I think he is depth at best for the next 3-5 weeks.

the pass rushers are situational right now period. If for any reason they are pressed into starting duty, means things have gone severly wrong some where. for situational they are good moves, but I dont think they provide real depth again for 3-5 weeks while they catch up to what YOUR team does.

Side note on Waters, since his money is guaranteed no matter what, signing him a month ago would have been better for the team, even if it cost a little more. It ensures that...

1. He is in shape
2. He has time to gel with the rest of the O-line
3. He actually wants to play and isnt just signing for the guaranteed salary

Good move if he is in shape and wants to play, bad move if he just missed the pay check.

First part or you post and last part are kinda the same debate .... If he is in shape ... great for us (Still dont think he will be in game shape JMO)
Jel with the offense ... It depends on how ling it takes.
By waiting ... we saved money ... sooo err view that as you want

Now the middle part.... anyones back up pressed into starting ... I think just about all of us throw up the oh shit sign .... Never know what you will get .. solid, impressive, or awww fuck

All the guys we picked up except waters though ... all special teamers .... which we badly needed ... and in that phase of the game they all do help day one

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First part or you post and last part are kinda the same debate .... If he is in shape ... great for us (Still dont think he will be in game shape JMO)
Jel with the offense ... It depends on how ling it takes.
By waiting ... we saved money ... sooo err view that as you want

Now the middle part.... anyones back up pressed into starting ... I think just about all of us throw up the oh shit sign .... Never know what you will get .. solid, impressive, or awww fuck

All the guys we picked up except waters though ... all special teamers .... which we badly needed ... and in that phase of the game they all do help day one

Actually think 1 and 3 arent the same. guys can be in great shape, but not want to really play and are just showing up for the pay check. Guys can want to play ( see D. Stallworth) but just arent capable of doing it at a high level any more. I think gelling with the rest of the O-line and getting up to speed are the biggest issues. The Patriots dont run a zone blocking system. Neither did KC when he was there.

If he is in shape and motivated to play (not just get paid) he will be just what you need in the redzone. I just dont think he is the pulling guard you need as a starter... right now.

Good pickup... should have happened a month ago.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually think 1 and 3 arent the same. guys can be in great shape, but not want to really play and are just showing up for the pay check. Guys can want to play ( see D. Stallworth) but just arent capable of doing it at a high level any more. I think gelling with the rest of the O-line and getting up to speed are the biggest issues. The Patriots dont run a zone blocking system. Neither did KC when he was there.

If he is in shape and motivated to play (not just get paid) he will be just what you need in the redzone. I just dont think he is the pulling guard you need as a starter... right now.

Good pickup... should have happened a month ago.

ONE BIG PROBLEM....Waters didn't want to sign till now. Said it all along and why would Dallas sign him two weeks ago if it woulda taken stupid money to get him to budge?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONE BIG PROBLEM....Waters didn't want to sign till now. Said it all along and why would Dallas sign him two weeks ago if it woulda taken stupid money to get him to budge?

Good point. But I will counter with this... you needed a starter a month ago. Would $1 million or even $2 million more have been worth the piece of mind?? Long term, an extra $1-2 million against this years cap would have been more than worth it to likely have your starting guard in training camp.

As I said, its a good move. But it fails on the great move scale simply because he needed to be in camp a month ago.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. But I will counter with this... you needed a starter a month ago. Would $1 million or even $2 million more have been worth the piece of mind?? Long term, an extra $1-2 million against this years cap would have been more than worth it to likely have your starting guard in training camp.

As I said, its a good move. But it fails on the great move scale simply because he needed to be in camp a month ago.
he is a vet. Vets know how to avoid training camp :D
& no I never take that as a good sign, but we do need depth.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure most Redskin fans will want to spin it towards him being out of shape. This is a guy that has a lot of pride, didn't have to play, and has known for some time he would be signing. It's not going to take him long. When people look at Dallas, it's always the OL that they point at. Adding this guy, Fredrick, and Leary, greatly improves what was the biggest hole on this team. Start breaking down this club man for man against any team you like. Dallas is the class of the division now

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure most Redskin fans will want to spin it towards him being out of shape. This is a guy that has a lot of pride, didn't have to play, and has known for some time he would be signing. It's not going to take him long. When people look at Dallas, it's always the OL that they point at. Adding this guy, Fredrick, and Leary, greatly improves what was the biggest hole on this team. Start breaking down this club man for man against any team you like. Dallas is the class of the division now

You know we got some Haters in the house, but it is expected because afterall this is what this place is for...:clap:

#Waiving at the Haters in My Rearview :welcome::

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know we got some Haters in the house, but it is expected because afterall this is what this place is for...:clap:

#Waiving at the Haters in My Rearview :welcome::

After adding Waters, if we stay healthy, we're winning 11 games, 2 clear of the Skins. They can hate on that

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Waters is THE move that gives us the East, but he does improve the OL. Call me a homer if you like but the Dallas offense has plenty of scoring weapons and if the OL can play as little as 10% better than last season 10% a huge upgrade. Just keeping the sacks down to the mid 20's and giving Murray an inch more running room will go a long way in helping this team score points.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Waters is THE move that gives us the East, but he does improve the OL. Call me a homer if you like but the Dallas offense has plenty of scoring weapons and if the OL can play as little as 10% better than last season 10% a huge upgrade. Just keeping the sacks down to the mid 20's and giving Murray an inch more running room will go a long way in helping this team score points.

We have the big weapons needed on offense and defense. The trouble is going to be the trenches. We have Ware and scrubs on the dline and as many questions on the oline. If we just had an average OL and DL I think we would be favorites for the East. But too many questions up front on both sides.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the big weapons needed on offense and defense. The trouble is going to be the trenches. We have Ware and scrubs on the dline and as many questions on the oline. If we just had an average OL and DL I think we would be favorites for the East. But too many questions up front on both sides.

:agree: Just looking at the last couple of years with what in my opinion was worse OL's than we currently have, with or without Waters, we still had very little moving the ball. Now scoring TD's in the redzone was another story. I'll be honest and admit I have no idea what the DL will play like but I never thought we had the personnel for the 3-4. Maybe we don't have 4-3 players either but at least we will finally find out if those of us who have called for the switch back were right or not.