• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, now Manster can't sabotage threads and have idiots like Twisted blame me for it. I'm sure he's doing cartwheels.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, now Manster can't sabotage threads and have idiots like Twisted blame me for it. I'm sure he's doing cartwheels.

Now we have gotten all the housekeeping out of the way, What happen to yall boy Chase ge wasn't good enough to make the roster?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on the practice squad. They chose to keep corners in the 4th and 5th spot on the depth chart that play special teams. Minnifield doesn't play special teams.

He's played well in the preseason and will have a much better chance to make the final roster next year, as Hall and Wilson's contracts expire.

Minnifield played very well, was actually the highest rated DB cut in the NFL according to metrics from Pro Football Focus. I was surprised that he wasn't picked up by another team. But chalked it up to his injury history. Definitely wasn't due to performance.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on the practice squad. They chose to keep corners in the 4th and 5th spot on the depth chart that play special teams. Minnifield doesn't play special teams.

He's played well in the preseason and will have a much better chance to make the final roster next year, as Hall and Wilson's contracts expire.

Minnifield played very well, was actually the highest rated DB cut in the NFL according to metrics from Pro Football Focus. I was surprised that he wasn't picked up by another team. But chalked it up to his injury history. Definitely wasn't due to performance.

He still could get snatch during the season, if a team needs a CB do to injuries

Last edited by a moderator:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. I like Minnifield and think he has a good future whether it be with the Redskins or elsewhere. It's a gamble to try to stash him on the practice squad. But he's also one injury away from being called up to the 53 man roster for the Redskins.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm not one for smack talk, but I am interested on how cowboys fans feel about their team this year on a 1-10 scale. 1 being poorest and why.

I'm feeling pretty positive heading into the season, about an 8. That's a weird place to be, from one who has tempered my expectations for many years given Snyders crazy, erratic behavior for my team. I actually remember the 80's as an adult... Good times and loved the boys skins rivalry during that time. Intense dislike but always with respect towards the other teams ability to win.

Little concerned about our Oline depth and staying healthy and our secondary. If Robert has difficulties I would drop it to a 6 Or 7, even tho I don't think the offense would be completely derailed. See us at worst 8-8, but most likely 10-6.

See the cowboys and giants with the same possible outcomes. Eagles not so much.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm not one for smack talk, but I am interested on how cowboys fans feel about their team this year on a 1-10 scale. 1 being poorest and why.

I'm feeling pretty positive heading into the season, about an 8. That's a weird place to be, from one who has tempered my expectations for many years given Snyders crazy, erratic behavior for my team. I actually remember the 80's as an adult... Good times and loved the boys skins rivalry during that time. Intense dislike but always with respect towards the other teams ability to win.

Little concerned about our Oline depth and staying healthy and our secondary. If Robert has difficulties I would drop it to a 6 Or 7, even tho I don't think the offense would be completely derailed. See us at worst 8-8, but most likely 10-6.

So what are your expectations if RGIII goes down in the middle of the season? I highly doubt he will play more than 8 games this season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I predicted the Cowboys would win the East, my confidence in that is about a 5. Simply put, if all four NFC teams were healthy all year, I think the Cowboys have the best talent. The reason for the 5 is because we have been one of the most injury prone teams in the league(in part because we draft talented players with injury histories). I will be interested in how your Redskins do, Most Skins fans feel the sky is the limit if RG3 is healthy. That may be true, or the very bright NFL DC's may catch up with him after a year on film, similar to Cam Newton last year. We'll see

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are your expectations if RGIII goes down in the middle of the season? I highly doubt he will play more than 8 games this season.

That's what you hope. Dallas can't stop RG3 otherwise.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what you hope. Dallas can't stop RG3 otherwise.

I'd say that is debatable. I think Dallas has the talent and scheme to hold him down. Dallas has edge rushers that are a match up problem for the Skin's OT's and Dallas has a ton of speed at LB. Just like RG3's health is key for the skins, keeping Lee and Carter on the field are key for Dallas to stop him

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, I'm going to be changing the name of this thread. Any suggestions? Was trying to keep it topical, but am thinking of just calling it what it is..."Dallas BS and Smack Talk".

Objections or other ideas?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, I'm going to be changing the name of this thread. Any suggestions? Was trying to keep it topical, but am thinking of just calling it what it is..."Dallas BS and Smack Talk".

Objections or other ideas?

Dallas BS and Smack talk sounds fine. Or jealous Cowboy Haters and Trolls thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still could get snatch during the season, if a team needs a CB do to injuries

Unlike being claimed off waivers, a player on one teams practice squad does not HAVE to take an offer from another team. SO if say, the Raiders come calling, he can choose to sign with them or stay on the Skins practice squad. He cant be snagged simply to go to another teams practice squad, and he doesnt HAVE to take an active roster spot from another team. He apparently had offers from other teams to join their practice squad, and choose to stay with the Skins.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted the Cowboys would win the East, my confidence in that is about a 5. Simply put, if all four NFC teams were healthy all year, I think the Cowboys have the best talent. The reason for the 5 is because we have been one of the most injury prone teams in the league(in part because we draft talented players with injury histories). I will be interested in how your Redskins do, Most Skins fans feel the sky is the limit if RG3 is healthy. That may be true, or the very bright NFL DC's may catch up with him after a year on film, similar to Cam Newton last year. We'll see

Hey thanks uk, for answering my question. I was really curious to get a sense of how boys fans felt about the upcoming season. I agree, the boys have a lot of talent on the team. And yes, its possible, you guys will take the division. Same for NY actually. That's the beauty of this division. It's always hard fought and always a guessing game til the end.

Yes, most skins fans do feel that the sky is the limit with a healthy Robert. How could they not? He's such an exciting and talented player to watch.

It will be an interesting season for sure, and I'm sure every eye will be on a certain "knee". I am so tired of "knee gate", every Skins fan i know is sick of it as well. I just want football to start. It can't come soon enough. Enough of this absurd media drama, twitter, FB, blah, blah, blah...

I am old school in my fandom ways. I dont feel all the attention should be based on any one player. This is a TEAM sport. I am in no way diminishing the importance of having a dynamic franchise QB, I LOVE what RGIII brings to the table. However, I want the action to be on the field, backed by performance. That is the only thing that will stop all this ridiculousless.

Now, let's get us some pigskin already.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw that Graziano had RG3 ranked #4 player in the NFC east and Dez Bryant ranked #3.

So here's a question. Honest answers only... if you were doing a reset draft and had to pick between the two of them to start your franchise, who'd you take and why?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw that Graziano had RG3 ranked #4 player in the NFC east and Dez Bryant ranked #3.

So here's a question. Honest answers only... if you were doing a reset draft and had to pick between the two of them to start your franchise, who'd you take and why?

Position Bob
Athleticism Dez
Health Dez
Upside Push
HOF Potential Dez

Overall Dez :suds:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that is debatable. I think Dallas has the talent and scheme to hold him down. Dallas has edge rushers that are a match up problem for the Skin's OT's and Dallas has a ton of speed at LB. Just like RG3's health is key for the skins, keeping Lee and Carter on the field are key for Dallas to stop him
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Defensive coordinators have spent the whole off season planning and scheming and will be better prepared for the read option this year. RGIII is not 100% and I don't care how anyone spins it or how it is reported. I don't expect RGIII to do very much running at all. I think because of his 2nd knee surgery he will be in the pocket a lot more. He should be a sitting duck for Ware and the boys this year. That is, if he able to play the whole year.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Position Bob
Athleticism Dez
Health Dez
Upside Push
HOF Potential Dez

Overall Dez :suds:
Eastban, he said start a franchise with. Not have conjugal visititation sex with.:laugh3: