• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the number I've read for exclusive tag of a QB in 2016 is just over $25M.
Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract

If your numbers for the cap are right, and that exclusive tag number stays there, then exclusive tag would leave you with $1M in cap room unless you redo other contracts or cut other guys. I don't know your cap situation well enough to know how much room can be created.

I dont think they do the Exclusive tag. They ride with the normal tag with two firsts as compensation if they choose to to match the offer Kirk gets else where. And I think you will see guys like Garcon, Jackson and Hatcher get their deals reworked no matter what we do at QB.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but wouldn't you much rather have a great season under his belt with one more under contract to see if it were a fluke and also to use that next year to start working on a new contract? Between your two scenarios I agree with you. The issue is when you have a guy who has an anomaly year in his contract year. Then you have to decide if you hitch to that post at any cost?

Absolutely agree with a bigger sample size would be nice but at this point they have to pay him and hope he continues to play well because someone is going to pay him at least 18mil per season imo

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Bullshit aside, lets take a moment to reflect on the last week for the Cowboys and the Redskins.

NY just got WORSE depending on who they bring in as a coach.

Philly just got WORSE depending on who they bring in as a coach.

So for the next two seasons, the Division SHOULD be between The Cowboys and Redskins all things being equal.

So can I get a high five and a fuck you. :D

(I am on the Cowboys board after all)

And ya'll thought i was about to dog the Cowboys didnt you??
My honest opinion? It's a complete toss up between all 4 teams going forward based on what I've seen recently. I don't put Wash or Dallas ahead of either NYG or Philly. But i kind of like playing TB and SF versus Car and AZ next year

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if I still lived in Maryland I'd take you up on that offer, would be great to LOL live when GB wins on the road.

I live in the sunshine state these days. So maybe Sunday's playoff game will be funny for ya, who knows right?...but, I promise you

my 12 Sunday's of LOL > your 1 Sunday fun day of LOL...OK you had 2, the Cowboys beat us once. Still, 12 > 2.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in the sunshine state these days. So maybe Sunday's playoff game will be funny for ya, who knows right?...but, I promise you

my 12 Sunday's of LOL > your 1 Sunday fun day of LOL...OK you had 2, the Cowboys beat us once. Still, 12 > 2.
He who laughs last...

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bandwagons do it best, Mr New Orleans + St Louis + Chicago. :suds:
Not a bandwagoner. I'm from New Orleans, my dad's family is from IL and my dads grandpa is a huge Cardinals fan. Spent summers at his house, so I only watched the Cardinals.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. What time is your team playing Sunday?

Saturday at 11:00 North Dakota State VS Jacksonville State in the FCS Football Championship

Since 2010, NDSU is 21-1 in the postseason

Cowboys or Redskins would do well to be that good in the post season PERIOD!

been a NDSU fan since they kicked the snot out of my K-state Wildcats 3 years ago

Just saying the game is on ESPN 2 trust me it is worth watching

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday at 11:00 North Dakota State VS Jacksonville State in the FCS Football Championship

Since 2010, NDSU is 21-1 in the postseason

Cowboys or Redskins would do well to be that good in the post season PERIOD!

been a NDSU fan since they kicked the snot out of my K-state Wildcats 3 years ago

Just saying the game is on ESPN 2 trust me it is worth watching

I will...good luck!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK why Cousins is being talked about so much. He's a one year wonder just like RGIII.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK why Cousins is being talked about so much. He's a one year wonder just like RGIII.

I'd say he's being talked about due to the season he had. Skid fans are rightfully excited about his prospect, we have the right also to question his future. Truth is we don't know and saying it one way or another can bite you in the ass, when the book is closed. He's gonna get paid, I hope the Skids break the bank on a long term deal, and the kid falls on his face. 2nd best option is they go cheap, he walks, and turns into Rodgers or Brady. (Without the cheating though).

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys still NFL's most popular team despite being terrible at football
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

January 8, 2016 10:04 am ET

When we hit the halfway point of the NFL season, we looked at how the football-watching world was reacting through social media. On Twitter, the Cowboys were still VERY POPULAR.

With the season over and the playoffs about to start, let's see how the midseason numbers compare with the end-of-year results.

The most tweeted about teams halfway through were the Cowboys, Patriots, Giants, Eagles and Colts. At the end of the season? The Panthers crashed the party, finishing No. 3 overall. No one can stop the train that is Dallas.

Top_Tweeted_NFL_Teams_2015.jpg

Tony Romo was the most tweeted-about player at the halfpoint of the season, with Tom Brady, Dez Bryant, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers rounding out the top 5. Injuries take their toll on teams and on social media interest too.

Like the Panthers, Cam Newton -- the likely MVP -- crashed the party, and took Romo's place on the list. Tom Brady moved to No. 1, Peyton jumped to No. 3 (there are MANY reasons why Manning's been tweeted about), followed by Rodgers and Bryant.

Top_Tweeted_NFL_Players_2015.jpg

When it comes to top games, well, the data shows everyone is fan on Day 1. The Steelers-Patriots kick off game was the most tweeted about game of the season.

Only two second half games moved into the top five: the Panthers-Giants game (Josh Norman vs. Odell Beckham) in Week 15, and Patriots-Broncos (C.J. Anderson's walk-off run) in Week 12.

Top_Tweeted_NFL_Games_2015.jpg

As for plays, well, the Cowboys reign supreme as always (except in the standings). The Week 1 touchdown pass Romo threw to Jason Witten to beat the Giants was still top.

But Anderson's walk off moved into No. 2 (it was a primetime game) and somehow the Rodgers Hail Mary to Richard Rodgers against the Lions in Week 13 was only No. 3! The Pats beating the Giants checked in at No. 4 and Luke Kuechly's pick six off Romo on Thanksgiving was No. 5.

Top_Tweeted_NFL_Plays_2015_Season.jpg

Social media also provided a nice little insight into outstanding moments from the year.

Notable NFL moments on Twitter:

Charles Woodson is retiring from the Oakland Raiders after this season but he still gets plenty of people amped up:

The Broncos gave us a look-see at Anderson's touchdown ... from the end zone!

A playoff dance party for the Arizona Cardinals after clinching a first-round bye:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE PETE CARROLL?

The Panthers threw major shade on ODB after he went after Norman.

And they offered an incredible view of a Cam Newton touchdown pass.

The Rodgers-Rodgers Hail Mary catch was incredible:

And there's good stuff from NFL players off the field as well. Whether it's Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams driving around with turkeys in his car.

Or Rob Gronkowski snuggling with kittens.

2015 marked a big year for the @NFL Twitter handle too -- the league ramped up producing video highlights on the social-media platform in its third year and it was a big success.

Witness the Hail Mary in Detroit:

This sick Beckham catch:

Texans wideout DeAndre Hopkins is also good at football.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...despite being terrible at football"
LOL

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...despite being terrible at football"
LOL

That Will Brinson is pretty funny, thought it a bit of a clever title

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he's being talked about due to the season he had. Skid fans are rightfully excited about his prospect, we have the right also to question his future. Truth is we don't know and saying it one way or another can bite you in the ass, when the book is closed. He's gonna get paid, I hope the Skids break the bank on a long term deal, and the kid falls on his face. 2nd best option is they go cheap, he walks, and turns into Rodgers or Brady. (Without the cheating though).
IDK what the future holds for Cousins or the Redskins but I know a few things. He and Washington did not beat a single team that finished over .500. They only played three teams with a record over .500 and got blown out by all of them. Buffalo is the best team they beat record wise(8-8). Washington has the worst SRS of any playoff team. Their SRS is even worse than Houston's and Houston was in a historically awful division(even worse than the NFC East). Now this stat isn't the end all be all, but it pretty much highlights what I think of Washington as a football team. A team that sucked just a little bit less than the others to win an awful division.

Cousins season just might have been smoke and mirrors. I think Cousins is average at best and just happened to be at the right place at the right time in the right division with a favorable schedule. Not trying to take anything away from the Redskins or Cousins season. They were good enough to win the division and our team was garbage. Finishing 5-1 down the stretch is nothing to sneeze at either. But this doesn't mean Cousins or the Redskins have arrived.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK what the future holds for Cousins or the Redskins but I know a few things. He and Washington did not beat a single team that finished over .500. They only played three teams with a record over .500 and got blown out by all of them. Buffalo is the best team they beat record wise(8-8). Washington has the worst SRS of any playoff team. Their SRS is even worse than Houston's and Houston was in a historically awful division(even worse than the NFC East). Now this stat isn't the end all be all, but it pretty much highlights what I think of Washington as a football team. A team that sucked just a little bit less than the others to win an awful division.

Cousins season just might have been smoke and mirrors. I think Cousins is average at best and just happened to be at the right place at the right time in the right division with a favorable schedule. Not trying to take anything away from the Redskins or Cousins season. They were good enough to win the division and our team was garbage. Finishing 5-1 down the stretch is nothing to sneeze at either. But this doesn't mean Cousins or the Redskins have arrived.
Good post....
I think it's was jarntt who said, Tallest Midget. :yes:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely understand, just not ready to guarantee failure on the guy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely understand, just not ready to guarantee failure on the guy.

Average Qbs can win in this league with good talent around them. I'm not calling Cousins average because I think he is pretty dang good, but it's like I said earlier in the year about the Bengals. It's hard to fail on offense when you have all of those weapons. Both teams skill positions are outstanding. As far as their schedule, they did what they had to do. I saw on the general board someone saying Seattle has beaten only back up Qbs. So what. In 1992, we won 13 games in regular season- 8-9 of them came vs backups.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average Qbs can win in this league with good talent around them. I'm not calling Cousins average because I think he is pretty dang good, but it's like I said earlier in the year about the Bengals. It's hard to fail on offense when you have all of those weapons. Both teams skill positions are outstanding. As far as their schedule, they did what they had to do. I saw on the general board someone saying Seattle has beaten only back up Qbs. So what. In 1992, we won 13 games in regular season- 8-9 of them came vs backups.
I get all that, and its the reason I'm holding judgement. I don't know what he is, but if you put a gun to my head and make me answer, I'll say I DON'T think he's gonna be any better than average. He won't match these numbers.