• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Wasn't fair for me to cap my "best case" scenario at average and use train wreck as worst case...

Its all good, you are a Cowboys fan after all. I would think you were being sarcastic if you had said best case Cousins becomes a HOF QB. By saying best case average, you just let your bias show a little. :lol:

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to laugh you should go back and read the thread about RGIII on here from 3 years ago and see the HOF type predictions and SB predictions from Redskins fans...
Ugh, those are the worst. i wasn't here 3 years ago. I didn't have that mentality but i had thought we had found our franchise QB. *facepalm*

I will say that barring injury, It appears that the Skins can build a team around kirk and keep developing him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply meant as far as his ability. Flacco would never have gotten that big a deal if he didnt already have a Ring. So I will throw this out there, if Kirk gets a $100 million dollar ring, the season ended in such a way where most other NFCEast fans are hoping we screw up in resigning him at that point. :D

Right now I would say 5 years, some where in the $80 million total range, with around $25 guaranteed would probably get it done, make both sides happy and leave both sides wiggle room.

I think you are quite optimistic if you think KC is going to settle for $25M guaranteed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are quite optimistic if you think KC is going to settle for $25M guaranteed.

I think Im basing that off of what the market says. Wilson got $31 million guaranteed after winning a Super Bowl. Tannehill got $21.5 million

$25 is a nice even number in between considering as many are want to point out

1. Kirk has only started for one full season and has only really done well for half of that.
2. Kirk Doesnt have a Super Bowl appearance much less a win. (Well unless this season really takes a weird turn that is)

3. If Kirk losses his mind, they simply franchise him.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok
I think Im basing that off of what the market says. Wilson got $31 million guaranteed after winning a Super Bowl. Tannehill got $21.5 million

1. Kirk has only started for one full season and has only really done well for half of that.
2. Kirk Doesnt have a Super Bowl appearance much less a win. (Well unless this season really takes a weird turn that is)

What happens If Shannahan gets a gig with no QB in place? #Let the Drama Begin

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit that is pretty good, but look at his home/away splits. he is a guy that feasted on easy competition at home and faltered on the road. Even with his last two road games boosting the numbers from where they were prior, his splits are crazy. He's like a hitter for the Rangers pre-center field renovation. His home opponents: MIA, STL, PHL, TPA, NO, NYG, DAL, BUF. Not a single playoff team faced at home, and he had stellar stats. Those numbers you
Home/ Road:
Rating = 107/87.7
TD's = 16/13
INT's = 2/9

So he showed a ton of progress late in the season, but I would still hesitate to throw big money at him after this year. Washington is in a terrible spot. Is KC the next Aaron Rogers like this years numbers suggest, or are you walking into another Flacco contract?

I would like the Redskins to structure a contract similar in today's value of his QB worth, like what Romo got from the Cowboys in 2007. So whatever that number is today…I think KC should be paid that.

I think KC's number are very similar to Romo's his first year or two. Would you not agree?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'd say the other teams lost the East more than the Skins won it. Won't be shocked if Washington is struggling at the bottom again in 16.

That's seems the norm for you Manster when the Redskins win, its denial, denial, denial. Here's the reality, or what I like to refer to as "The Facts".

When the Redskins have had a top 10 quarterback, they seem to win the division.

2012 RGIII #3 @ 102.4 rating
2015 Cousins #5 @ 101.6 rating

Did this season not show you that its a QB league, manster? But, for some reason you don't like to hear that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and franchising him gives him what, $18-20M guaranteed for one year?

My guess is the GM goes on another bender and signs Kirk to a $100M deal with $50M guaranteed. :happy:

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get your point. I said his numbers are pretty good. Have you read anything I said? There is enough there for Redskin fans to want to sign him long term and I certainly see enough as a Cowboy fan to want the Redskins to lock him up with a big contract. You want to compare him to Romo for some reason? OK, give him a Romo sized contract. PLEASE!!!

I'm just saying KC's numbers look very similar to Romo's in 06' and his first year as the man in 07'...with the exception Romo had more of a turnover problem. I want the Redskins to give KC a contract similar to what Romo was valued at in 07'...that's all I'm saying.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like the Redskins to structure a contract similar in today's value of his QB worth, like what Romo got from the Cowboys in 2007. So whatever that number is today…I think KC should be paid that.

I think KC's number are very similar to Romo's his first year or two. Would you not agree?

Romo's first two full years? I'd guess they are similar but I'd have to go back. You won't find any posts of mine anywhere talking positively about Romo's deal. You should pray you don't get one like that and then every year have to restructure and kick that can down the road. I think I saw that if we don't redo his deal this year we can release him after 2016 and see a cap benefit. I might have looked at that wrong though, who knows with the number of times it's been redone.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying KC's numbers look very similar to Romo's in 06' and his first year as the man in 07'...with the exception Romo had more of a turnover problem. I want the Redskins to give KC a contract similar to what Romo was valued at in 07'...that's all I'm saying.

So you want the Number 5 QB to take 2007 money? Good luck with that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo's first two full years? I'd guess they are similar but I'd have to go back. You won't find any posts of mine anywhere talking positively about Romo's deal. You should pray you don't get one like that and then every year have to restructure and kick that can down the road. I think I saw that if we don't redo his deal this year we can release him after 2016 and see a cap benefit. I might have looked at that wrong though, who knows with the number of times it's been redone.
He's around here enough to know even most of us Romo Lovers didn't like the contract he got.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo didn't get the stupid contract until much later though, right? Wasn't it 2013 that he got the $108? He had a few more years of showing he was a good QB than just one.

So does he do a friendly deal like Tannehil, Wilson, and Kap? Or does he do a Flacco or Cam type deal? When Cam signed it he hadn't done a whole lot more.

Skins fans, I know you are hoping for a win this week. But...do you think you have a legit shot at the SB this year and are you worried about the win and what it would mean to a KC contract? As a fan I know you don't publicly state worry for money and want the win, but you have to be thinking it.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 73907

I'm talking about the deal he signed in 07'. Not his last one.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's around here enough to know even most of us Romo Lovers didn't like the contract he got.

Again manster, not talking about the last contract...speaking of 07'

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears to be hard to reason with you guys, but I do understand. Being Cowboy fans and all.

monkeys.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok went and looked and Tony's 2007 contract for 2008-2012 was 6/67 with 24 guaranteed. But that was nearly a decade ago. Who is Cousins agent? I did hear someone saying that Cousins recently said that his time in Washington depends on "how bad they want me" and "if it isn't enough then I'll go somewhere else".

Hell maybe the skins make the smart move and non-exclusive tag him and see if someone is willing to pay him AND give up two #1's. Is KC the next Romo, or next Cassell.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and franchising him gives him what, $18-20M guaranteed for one year?

My guess is the GM goes on another bender and signs Kirk to a $100M deal with $50M guaranteed. :happy:

Would that be your guess, or actually what you HOPE?? LOL

CAuse if we are just throwing out Da Ebil we wish on our Rivals... I HOPE Dallas converts $7 million of Romo's salary to Bonus with no extention, refuses to draft a QB, and rides with Moore and Johnny Numb Nutz as his backups. After thrading a 3rd rounder for Johnny of course. :thumb:

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok went and looked and Tony's 2007 contract for 2008-2012 was 6/67 with 24 guaranteed. But that was nearly a decade ago. Who is Cousins agent? I did hear someone saying that Cousins recently said that his time in Washington depends on "how bad they want me" and "if it isn't enough then I'll go somewhere else".

Hell maybe the skins make the smart move and non-exclusive tag him and see if someone is willing to pay him AND give up two #1's. Is KC the next Romo, or next Cassell.

Certainly an option. I think Jay's relationship with KC will have a big influence on what happens next.

And we have a playoff game this weekend baby! You guys are certainly invited to come over to watch the game at my house, as long as you don't mind using a REDSKINS koozie...beer is on me!