• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok

What happens If Shannahan gets a gig with no QB in place? #Let the Drama Begin

Let it... If Shannahan gets a gig, Kirk will be franchised. If its the 49ers, We will gladly take a top ten pick this year and a first rounder next year if Mike tries to play games. Besides.... you all think Kirk will suck. So wouldnt you take two first rounders for a guy you think will suck and could be replaced easily by Stifflers mom and a half drunk 40??

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that be your guess, or actually what you HOPE?? LOL

CAuse if we are just throwing out Da Ebil we wish on our Rivals... I HOPE Dallas converts $7 million of Romo's salary to Bonus with no extention, refuses to draft a QB, and rides with Moore and Johnny Numb Nutz as his backups. After thrading a 3rd rounder for Johnny of course. :thumb:

I guess you expect Cousins to take 2007 money too.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what???? You are still expecting the NUMBER 5 QB your words, to take 2007 money. News Flash Misty, ain't happening.

Obviously Manster, you are missing my drift...

One things for sure, Redskins don't have to worry about the "number 5 QB" fumbling a snap holding on a field goal attempt in his first playoff game.

Dude, like I said...your invited to my house for the game this weekend. Beer, food and redskins/cowboy facts are on me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you expect Cousins to take 2007 money too.

Nope... I expect him to get paid a little more than Tannehill and a little less than Wilson. Which in the grand scheme of things Im ok with as long as we dont take it up the ass on a Romo type til death do us part kinda contract. :D

Do I expect him to develop into a top 5 QB?? No. But I do think that going forward, he will be some where in the Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, on the low end, and Eli Manning on the high end. Basically a guy that you can build a team around and compete on a consistent basis. And Im more than OK with that.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Manster, you are missing my drift...

One things for sure, Redskins don't have to worry about the "number 5 QB" fumbling a snap holding on a field goal attempt in his first playoff game.

Dude, like I said...your invited to my house for the game this weekend. Beer, food and redskins/cowboy facts are on me.

Maybe if I still lived in Maryland I'd take you up on that offer, would be great to LOL live when GB wins on the road.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it... If Shannahan gets a gig, Kirk will be franchised. If its the 49ers, We will gladly take a top ten pick this year and a first rounder next year if Mike tries to play games. Besides.... you all think Kirk will suck. So wouldnt you take two first rounders for a guy you think will suck and could be replaced easily by Stifflers mom and a half drunk 40??

Franchise Tag will be a hefty lump sum. I am sure you would prefer to put that money towards the guarantees of a long time contract....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise Tag will be a hefty lump sum. I am sure you would prefer to put that money towards the guarantees of a long time contract....

Actually the Tag will be about $3 million more than we currently have dedicated towards RG3.

So CUT or trade or otherwise get ride of Bob, Tag Kirk at $19.5 and we are still around $8 million below the cap after roll over from this year and before we have to touch another contract.

I can live with that. And if Shannahan wants to get cute and offer Kirk a $25 million a year deal on average.... we take the two 1st round picks, insert a stop gap QB and continue to build our team. After all, Kirk is destined to fail any way right?? SO we pay $3.5 million more to watch Kirk fail than we were willing to pay to watch Bob get another coach fired, or we collect two first rounders.... win/win for the Skins as far as Im concerned.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Bullshit aside, lets take a moment to reflect on the last week for the Cowboys and the Redskins.

NY just got WORSE depending on who they bring in as a coach.

Philly just got WORSE depending on who they bring in as a coach.

So for the next two seasons, the Division SHOULD be between The Cowboys and Redskins all things being equal.

So can I get a high five and a fuck you. :D

(I am on the Cowboys board after all)

And ya'll thought i was about to dog the Cowboys didnt you??

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have the problem of do we pay him too much for a very nice season with hope than he sucked balls this season and the skins have no solution at QB with a lot of $$ to spend.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Bullshit aside, lets take a moment to reflect on the last week for the Cowboys and the Redskins.

So for the next two seasons, the Division SHOULD be between The Cowboys and Redskins all things being equal.

OK, FUCK YOU........:suds:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have the problem of do we pay him too much for a very nice season with hope than he sucked balls this season and the skins have no solution at QB with a lot of $$ to spend.

It will be interesting if signed. Redskins will cross fingers hes the same guy from 2015, Cowboy fans will wring hands hoping he fails.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly an option. I think Jay's relationship with KC will have a big influence on what happens next.

And we have a playoff game this weekend baby! You guys are certainly invited to come over to watch the game at my house, as long as you don't mind using a REDSKINS koozie...beer is on me!

A sane person would see that Jay put his neck on the line for Kirk and reward that faith and loyalty. However, a sane person would also say "I'll happily play for $5M a year because that is still a large-multiple more than the average American makes per year. " As soon as you think someone buys into a system or wants to give a a home town discount, they turn around and burn you most of the time.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, even if you don't think Kirk would suck the Skins would be wise to take the two #1's and let someone else pay him a small fortune. Your 20-25 first plus another first would get you pretty high in the draft this year to go after a replacement. THen you still have two #1's next year as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Tag will be about $3 million more than we currently have dedicated towards RG3.

So CUT or trade or otherwise get ride of Bob, Tag Kirk at $19.5 and we are still around $8 million below the cap after roll over from this year and before we have to touch another contract.

I can live with that. And if Shannahan wants to get cute and offer Kirk a $25 million a year deal on average.... we take the two 1st round picks, insert a stop gap QB and continue to build our team. After all, Kirk is destined to fail any way right?? SO we pay $3.5 million more to watch Kirk fail than we were willing to pay to watch Bob get another coach fired, or we collect two first rounders.... win/win for the Skins as far as Im concerned.

the number I've read for exclusive tag of a QB in 2016 is just over $25M.
Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract

If your numbers for the cap are right, and that exclusive tag number stays there, then exclusive tag would leave you with $1M in cap room unless you redo other contracts or cut other guys. I don't know your cap situation well enough to know how much room can be created.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that this is the NFCEast. So if Dallas and WAS "should" be the favorites, then that means we will finish 3rd and 4th the next two years. That's just the way the division works.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true, but wouldn't you much rather have a great season under his belt with one more under contract to see if it were a fluke and also to use that next year to start working on a new contract? Between your two scenarios I agree with you. The issue is when you have a guy who has an anomaly year in his contract year. Then you have to decide if you hitch to that post at any cost?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, even if you don't think Kirk would suck the Skins would be wise to take the two #1's and let someone else pay him a small fortune. Your 20-25 first plus another first would get you pretty high in the draft this year to go after a replacement. THen you still have two #1's next year as well.

IF I thought there was a day one starter in this draft at QB that wouldnt basically set the team back two years, that might be an option. But the top two passers in this draft to me look like guys that are going to take a few years to develop. And I really dont think this team or fan base could stomach another trade up for a QB right now.