• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'll try to simplify it for you. If Dez and Romo play the whole season do you think the Adkins would be facing a 1st place schedule in 2016?

You don't need to "simplify it" for me manster. If I were you, my response might be "If the Redskins didn't have season ending injuries to like 7-8 starters before the first 1/2 of the season, and a running game we might have won the NFCE by 3 games!" LOL, good stuff manster.

WTF XBox dreamland shit are you speculating about here? The overall success of a football team is not based on the "play" of two players, and if it is...your football team is not very good, and goes into the "fluke" category. Believe me, I know about "flukes".

I kinda called it for the Cowboys in early September, but all I got back was a bunch of hate and name calling.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to "simplify it" for me manster. If I were you, my response might be "If the Redskins didn't have season ending injuries to like 7-8 starters before the first 1/2 of the season, and a running game we might have won the NFCE by 3 games!" LOL, good stuff manster.

WTF XBox dreamland shit are you speculating about here? The overall success of a football team is not based on the "play" of two players, and if it is...your football team is not very good, and goes into the "fluke" category. Believe me, I know about "flukes".

I kinda called it for the Cowboys in early September, but all I got back was a bunch of hate and name calling.
XBOX argument? I'll say it now the Skins may win the East because of injuries (Dallas and NY) bad coaching decisions (NY) and Chip Kelly getting rid of any talent who dared to question him.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a little late to order as a Christmas present, but...

Excuses.jpg

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....what a load of crap some remain

say? when was the last redskin playoff win?

Nah, you know me PDay. I speak the truth and when I have a hunch about something I like to share...and if it turns out to be wrong, I'm man enough to admit it.

"redskins playoff win?"...it's been a while.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, you know me PDay. I speak the truth and when I have a hunch about something I like to share...and if it turns out to be wrong, I'm man enough to admit it.

"redskins playoff win?"...it's been a while.

You must have admitted to bring wrong a lot then.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if it gets to the point Washington HAS to play RGIII, and he gets hurt, guaranteeing him 16.155M in 2016.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if it gets to the point Washington HAS to play RGIII, and he gets hurt, guaranteeing him 16.155M in 2016.

I think you have a better chance seeing Trent Williams under center than Griff

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have a better chance seeing Trent Williams under center than Griff
Odds are you're right, at this point RGIII won't see the field even if you only had 10 players available, the team isn't risk paying that guarantee. Bybtge way my post was meant to be funny, in no way am I wishing injury on RG or any other player.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Said I wasnt going to be a dick... but can I play?

Lets say Cousins get his hurt, Saturday. McCoy has his nuts removed in a freak kitchen accident involving razor sharp potato slices and some sort of cheese grater Monday. Griffin has to play, gets his knee blown up (Against Dallas of course) and cant pass a physical come March 3rd.

We IR his ass, resign Kirk who one would hope has recovered from his minor decapitation some time before mini camps in May ( 6 months from now). And we still ride with the plan going forward. Sure $16 million for a guy who we would likely have to IR would suck. But considering his cap figure for 2016 is already figured into the projected $6 million we should have before the releases of guys like Roberts.. I think we will be OK even if we have to tag Kirk AND pay Griffin.

Now let me ask... if Romo's doctor decides the next break will mean he will never use his left arm to pick boogers again and he decides to hang em up rather than risk his prime booger finger... what would Dallas do?? :scratch:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said I wasnt going to be a dick... but can I play?

Lets say Cousins get his hurt, Saturday. McCoy has his nuts removed in a freak kitchen accident involving razor sharp potato slices and some sort of cheese grater Monday. Griffin has to play, gets his knee blown up (Against Dallas of course) and cant pass a physical come March 3rd.

We IR his ass, resign Kirk who one would hope has recovered from his minor decapitation some time before mini camps in May ( 6 months from now). And we still ride with the plan going forward. Sure $16 million for a guy who we would likely have to IR would suck. But considering his cap figure for 2016 is already figured into the projected $6 million we should have before the releases of guys like Roberts.. I think we will be OK even if we have to tag Kirk AND pay Griffin.

Now let me ask... if Romo's doctor decides the next break will mean he will never use his left arm to pick boogers again and he decides to hang em up rather than risk his prime booger finger... what would Dallas do?? :scratch:
I have major concerns about Romo playing a whole season from this point forward. I'm a Romo fan but didn't want the team to commit the years they did to him. Hell when he signed I said he never sees the final two years of his deal, figuring 2017 to be his last. Contract wise I think we're forced to hold onto him at least through 2016 with the cap hit being manageable if cut post June 2017, now that's with the original signed deal some money has been pushed into 2018-19 so the cap hit may be too rich even in 17.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have major concerns about Romo playing a whole season from this point forward. I'm a Romo fan but didn't want the team to commit the years they did to him. Hell when he signed I said he never sees the final two years of his deal, figuring 2017 to be his last. Contract wise I think we're forced to hold onto him at least through 2016 with the cap hit being manageable if cut post June 2017, now that's with the original signed deal some money has been pushed into 2018-19 so the cap hit may be too rich even in 17.

Actually the Cowboys would be better off TEAM WISE to name Romo as a june first cut this year. As a straight cut, he would put you $1.2 million above the cap and count a whooping $31.2 million in dead money. But as a june 1st cut, he actually saves the Boys $8.5 this year and an extra $5 million in 2017. Where as if he is cut in 2017 you gain just the 5 million any way unless he is a june 1st cut. The reason this year makes more sense from a team stand point is because as you said... can you honestly trust that shoulder to hold out for more than half the season in 2016.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also say this, as a Skins fan, I would love to see Dallas burn another year or two of Dez Bryants career in the hopes that Romo CAN stay healthy for 16 games. BUt taking off the homer glasses, if Dallas doesnt get a heir apparent at QB in there this season, I feel the odds of the Quincy Carter years returning greatly increase. And by that I mean, Dallas finishes just good enough to get a guy who should sit, but gets the start because they had no other option.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Cowboys would be better off TEAM WISE to name Romo as a june first cut this year. As a straight cut, he would put you $1.2 million above the cap and count a whooping $31.2 million in dead money. But as a june 1st cut, he actually saves the Boys $8.5 this year and an extra $5 million in 2017. Where as if he is cut in 2017 you gain just the 5 million any way unless he is a june 1st cut. The reason this year makes more sense from a team stand point is because as you said... can you honestly trust that shoulder to hold out for more than half the season in 2016.
Not a cap expert but I believe Dallas is still on the hook for 30M in bonus and pushed back money.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a cap expert but I believe Dallas is still on the hook for 30M in bonus and pushed back money.

$31 million actually. Which is why i said a June 1st designated cut. As a June 1st cut, Dallas comes out with $18 million in cap space for 2016 and $31 for 2017. If they cut him as a june 1st in 2017, its better for the cap. But do you really want to risk wasting another year of Bryants career in the hopes Romo can stay upright. Because lets face it, if they keep Romo, they also dont even think about getting rid of Whiten and HIS $8.6 million. I admit Whiten is a MAN Beast at the position.. but he is getting long in the tooth and now days he is playing hurt more than healthy. And he is holding $4.5 million that would go a long way towards fixing that secondary

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$31 million actually. Which is why i said a June 1st designated cut. As a June 1st cut, Dallas comes out with $18 million in cap space for 2016 and $31 for 2017. If they cut him as a june 1st in 2017, its better for the cap. But do you really want to risk wasting another year of Bryants career in the hopes Romo can stay upright. Because lets face it, if they keep Romo, they also dont even think about getting rid of Whiten and HIS $8.6 million. I admit Whiten is a MAN Beast at the position.. but he is getting long in the tooth and now days he is playing hurt more than healthy. And he is holding $4.5 million that would go a long way towards fixing that secondary

With what we have on the roster behind Romo we better hope Romo stays upright, I'm not sold on anybody the 2016 draft options. It's damned if we do damned if we don't for 2016.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what we have on the roster behind Romo we better hope Romo stays upright, I'm not sold on anybody the 2016 draft options. It's damned if we do damned if we don't for 2016.

Have to agree. IF Jerry thinks this is a Super Bowl team with a few tweeks.. you stick with Romo. But if I can be blunt.... if the only win you could muster with out Romo was a divisional game against a flawed Skins team with D Jackson sticking his head up his ass at the wrong time..... one has to wonder about the talent level behind Romo, Dez and Whiten.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree. IF Jerry thinks this is a Super Bowl team with a few tweeks.. you stick with Romo. But if I can be blunt.... if the only win you could muster with out Romo was a divisional game against a flawed Skins team with D Jackson sticking his head up his ass at the wrong time..... one has to wonder about the talent level behind Romo, Dez and Whiten.

The line while it took a step back from 2014 is still top notch, Williams as the #2 stunk it up and the run game/blitz pick up was questionable I still think the only can and will score points.
I think Jerry and Co will pick up one of the three QBs tied to trade options (RGII, Manziel, or Crapernick). In no way do I want Crapernick, Manziel is interesting because of his play making ability, but I still don't want him. I'd prefer RGIII, because if healthy he can cause defenses headaches. I think Philly will make the push for RG though. Whoever they pick up he has to come cheap though.