• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amazon may get Sunday ticket

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another year of direct tv

Sunday Ticket airs on DirecTV, but rights are up for auction as the NFL's DirecTV deal is expiring after the 2022 season. DirecTV paid around $1.5 billion for the games, but whoever wins the rights for the 2023 season will likely pay around $2.5 billion.

Should Apple win the bid for Sunday Ticket, out-of-market fans will be able to watch non-prime time games from all 32 NFL teams on Apple TV+. Sunday Ticket would join Friday Night Baseball, which Apple airs each Friday as part of a deal with Major League Baseball.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sunday Ticket airs on DirecTV, but rights are up for auction as the NFL's DirecTV deal is expiring after the 2022 season. DirecTV paid around $1.5 billion for the games, but whoever wins the rights for the 2023 season will likely pay around $2.5 billion.

Should Apple win the bid for Sunday Ticket, out-of-market fans will be able to watch non-prime time games from all 32 NFL teams on Apple TV+. Sunday Ticket would join Friday Night Baseball, which Apple airs each Friday as part of a deal with Major League Baseball.
What does that mean Out of Market fans for non prime time games?

So as a Pats fan living in FL my 1:00 game is normally the Jags, if the Pats also play at 1:00 I can't get that game because it's Prime Time

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean Out of Market fans for non prime time games?

So as a Pats fan living in FL my 1:00 game is normally the Jags, if the Pats also play at 1:00 I can't get that game because it's Prime Time
lol no u cant get the jags lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a TV subscription for over 2 years and I'm fine without it, what a waste of money. I sometimes sub to YouTube TV if my parents come visit because my Dad is a TV fiend and likes watching TV programs but thankfully YouTube you can cancel whenever with no fee. It's easy to find anything online and there's ZERO point in watching any TV show or movie these days via Cable due to commercials. For live sports events, I prefer watching on my computer anyway.... I put it on the second monitor and then mute that whenever it goes to commercial and I have the freedom to game, browse the Internet, post here, etc. while stupid commercials, half time shows, etc. are going on.

Like really what's on a cable subscription these days that you need it for outside of Live Sports events (which you can certainly find if you dig deep enough)?

Movies? No, all the premium stuff is online purchasable (HBO Max, Cinemax, Prime, Netflix, etc.) - for other movies you have to deal with commercial and lame ass network editing - just find it online.

TV Shows? No, most are all from above sub plans and again, who wants to sit through lame commercials or made for TV edits?

News? Just go read online. Anyone that watches the news via TV is a fuckin' moron in my book. You can find the info. faster online, and ignore all the bias and bullshit that MSNBC/CNN/FOX, etc. spew. That's what's turning our Country into an Idiocracy to begin with.

Like, live sports is it? And it's already coming online, hell most of it is available without a TV subscription if you want to pay for it... and you don't have to worry about blackouts or what they're going to show in your region.

IMO if you're paying for cable television at this point, you're a fuckin idiot lol. It's a dying breed IMO. I imagine Cable TV subs wont be around in about 10 years. Or it'll be a 'free service' packaged with increasing Internet prices.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you have to have an apple device to view Apple tv+? Or can you just download the app to your smart tv?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a TV subscription for over 2 years and I'm fine without it, what a waste of money. I sometimes sub to YouTube TV if my parents come visit because my Dad is a TV fiend and likes watching TV programs but thankfully YouTube you can cancel whenever with no fee. It's easy to find anything online and there's ZERO point in watching any TV show or movie these days via Cable due to commercials. For live sports events, I prefer watching on my computer anyway.... I put it on the second monitor and then mute that whenever it goes to commercial and I have the freedom to game, browse the Internet, post here, etc. while stupid commercials, half time shows, etc. are going on.

Like really what's on a cable subscription these days that you need it for outside of Live Sports events (which you can certainly find if you dig deep enough)?

Movies? No, all the premium stuff is online purchasable (HBO Max, Cinemax, Prime, Netflix, etc.) - for other movies you have to deal with commercial and lame ass network editing - just find it online.

TV Shows? No, most are all from above sub plans and again, who wants to sit through lame commercials or made for TV edits?

News? Just go read online. Anyone that watches the news via TV is a fuckin' moron in my book. You can find the info. faster online, and ignore all the bias and bullshit that MSNBC/CNN/FOX, etc. spew. That's what's turning our Country into an Idiocracy to begin with.

Like, live sports is it? And it's already coming online, hell most of it is available without a TV subscription if you want to pay for it... and you don't have to worry about blackouts or what they're going to show in your region.

IMO if you're paying for cable at this point, you're a fuckin idiot lol.
This advertisement brought to you by___________________________________________________________________?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea what Apple TV cost monthly?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO if you're paying for cable television at this point, you're a fuckin idiot lol. It's a dying breed IMO. I imagine Cable TV subs wont be around in about 10 years. Or it'll be a 'free service' packaged with increasing Internet prices.
What's funny about this for me anyway is my kid also has no cable bill at all, he has unlimited data on his cell phone and somehow streams to that which he sometime hooks to an HDTV if he wants a bigger pic. He has told me he streams from YOUTUBE a lot but did not indicate he pays for that service.

The wife and I had dropped our cable and kept only the higher level internet service and we streamed NETFLIX and AMAZON and at the time had HULU or SLING cannot remember which. Well my mother in law (cool lady) needed to move in or medical reasons could not figure out how to work the remotes to stream so bam back to cable. When she passes I will once again cut the cable, buy the best HD Antenna I can research and keep a few streaming services. Will likely save close to $125 monthly

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny about this for me anyway is my kid also has no cable bill at all, he has unlimited data on his cell phone and somehow streams to that which he sometime hooks to an HDTV if he wants a bigger pic. He has told me he streams from YOUTUBE a lot but did not indicate he pays for that service.

The wife and I had dropped our cable and kept only the higher level internet service and we streamed NETFLIX and AMAZON and at the time had HULU or SLING cannot remember which. Well my mother in law (cool lady) needed to move in or medical reasons could not figure out how to work the remotes to stream so bam back to cable. When she passes I will once again cut the cable, buy the best HD Antenna I can research and keep a few streaming services. Will likely save close to $125 monthly

Yep, the old people still like their traditional TV... still baffles me my parents write checks and pay with cash at the store... I'm always like, "Uh, you get rewards on your credit card... you're literally losing money and wasting time writing a check." And they just refuse to change, "This is just how I like to do it." It blows my mind. Same with TV.

You're a much nicer person and probably the reason I'm not married with regards to your mother in law. I'd be like, "Well tough, figure out the remote or go find a fuckin' book."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the old people still like their traditional TV... still baffles me my parents write checks and pay with cash at the store... I'm always like, "Uh, you get rewards on your credit card... you're literally losing money and wasting time writing a check." And they just refuse to change, "This is just how I like to do it." It blows my mind. Same with TV.

You're a much nicer person and probably the reason I'm not married with regards to your mother in law. I'd be like, "Well tough, figure out the remote or go find a fuckin' book."
LMAO: Yeah I try to be as nice as possible until it's time to not be nice. I don't really care she is by herself all day while we work so it this makes her last few years easier and more enjoyable it's only money can't put in the ash tray when it's my turn at the final BBQ

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much? You think an additional $25 a month or more than that?
direct tv is around $300 for the season or monthly is around 70 plus whatever u pay for their tv service (mine was $135/month)
they paid 1.5 billion/year for the rights
its expected to go to 2.5 billion
it wont be cheap no matter who gets it:suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you just download the app to your smart tv?

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
direct tv is around $300 for the season or monthly is around 70 plus whatever u pay for their tv service (mine was $135/month)
they paid 1.5 billion/year for the rights
its expected to go to 2.5 billion
it wont be cheap no matter who gets it:suds:

Yeah no doubt.