• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Sunday ticket w/o DirecTV subscription?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about if my wife refuses to switch to direct tv? Am I eligible then???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about if my wife refuses to switch to direct tv? Am I eligible then???

Seems like they should have a wife clause. Or at least someway that the NFL Package can show up on the credit card bill looking like something they wouldn't mind spending that much money on.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the Titans came to Nashville, our area would carry 15 if not all 16 Cowboys games a year. Since the Titans, that has been cut in half. I started getting Sunday Ticket in 2000. I dont even know what I pay for it anymore. It drives me crazy though when Directv gives it out free to new customers. It is so worth it though. Not just for all the Cowboy games, because 5 of those will be at night usually, but for all the big games. I cant imagine the people next door watching the Titans/ Jags while Im watching GB/ 49ers. Just an example.

Before I had DirectTV I would go to a local bar/restaurant that carried every game. I would say those trips on average would cost me 75- 100 dollars. So unless the price gets to 1,000 , my wife feels that Im coming out ahead.:yahoo: The problem is though its probably not hard to find the game streaming online.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the Titans came to Nashville, our area would carry 15 if not all 16 Cowboys games a year. Since the Titans, that has been cut in half. I started getting Sunday Ticket in 2000. I dont even know what I pay for it anymore. It drives me crazy though when Directv gives it out free to new customers. It is so worth it though. Not just for all the Cowboy games, because 5 of those will be at night usually, but for all the big games. I cant imagine the people next door watching the Titans/ Jags while Im watching GB/ 49ers. Just an example.

Before I had DirectTV I would go to a local bar/restaurant that carried every game. I would say those trips on average would cost me 75- 100 dollars. So unless the price gets to 1,000 , my wife feels that Im coming out ahead.:yahoo: The problem is though its probably not hard to find the game streaming online.

Worth every shekel to me. My only beef is that for some reason our cable provider can only pick up a stereo feed. So I don't get that 5.1 crowd noise.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can usually about every other year talk them into at least giving you a big discount on it if not even to the point of it being free. Unfortunately in order to do that you have to call them and almost act like a jerk that you are going to leave if they don't give you some kind of deal. So if you are ok doing that then you can usually save yourself a couple hundred bucks a year. I have loved having the Sunday Ticket when I have gotten it but now that I am back near the Denver area I actually get almost every single Bronco game (still in the Chiefs market so miss a couple a year). I have just switched to basic cable because of that but if I ever move again you can bet Sunday Ticket will be at the top of my wish list.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can usually about every other year talk them into at least giving you a big discount on it if not even to the point of it being free. Unfortunately in order to do that you have to call them and almost act like a jerk that you are going to leave if they don't give you some kind of deal. So if you are ok doing that then you can usually save yourself a couple hundred bucks a year. I have loved having the Sunday Ticket when I have gotten it but now that I am back near the Denver area I actually get almost every single Bronco game (still in the Chiefs market so miss a couple a year). I have just switched to basic cable because of that but if I ever move again you can bet Sunday Ticket will be at the top of my wish list.
Still you need Direct TV to even argue a discount. This seems to me like cornering a market that should be allowed for all. JMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh understand it is ridiculous. Just like Madden pretty much having a monopoly on all things NFL. Hate that there is not actual competition to push these companies to put out a better product at lower prices like you see elsewhere.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did it 3 yrs ago. They offered some deal for people that already had DirectTv. If you didnt have Sunday Ticket- you could have gotten it that yr for 99 bucks or something like that. My problem was I already had the Ticket. I go to a certain channel - 114- It says Im authorized for this program. I waited for my next bill and I was still paying full price. They cut my bill after I called them and gave me 3 months of movie channels free. I wasnt trying to get anything free because like I said I believe Im actually getting my moneys worth. Im not trying to beat the system, I just thought that was unfair.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh understand it is ridiculous. Just like Madden pretty much having a monopoly on all things NFL. Hate that there is not actual competition to push these companies to put out a better product at lower prices like you see elsewhere.
Sometimes we just have to have what we want!:suds:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm there with you, living in the Northwest I get screwed with my Eagles cause of blackouts for the Seahawks,
It's a monopoly the Direct TV has with the live games...

When was this?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the restrictions is if you live in a place that you can get DTV you don't qualify. I'm out of this offer.

From what I have heard you only have to check a box saying you cant get DTV.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i have to deny my tenant Direct TV, have him order NFL Sunday ticket, and then borrow his computer?

Or say you have an HOA that are buttheads :)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many games already televised I don't see the need to pay $300 to watch 5-6 games I wouldn't be able to catch a season

Mondays we already got MNF

Thursdays we're going to get TNF for free now

Sundays usually at the 1 pm (pacific) time slot it's the Seahawks game so I'm not watching anything else no matter what is on

We already get SNF on Sundays too, so basically what I'm paying for is the 10 am (pacific) time slot to watch a game that Fox or CBS doesn't already have on TV...and usually Fox and CBS has some solid games

Personally, I don't think it's worth the money.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember Logicallylethal a lot of those who get Sunday Ticket like watching more than just one game even if that game is their team. I am one of those that I don't stop watching football just because the Broncos game is over. I watch most of the Thursday Night, Sunday Night, and Monday Night games whether the Broncos are in them or not. Yes for the most part The Sunday Ticket is to make sure I get every Bronco game possible but I also love watching every game I can as well. I remember during AP's race to history for the most rushing yards in a season. I started recording every Vikings games possible as I just like to watch history being made.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many games already televised I don't see the need to pay $300 to watch 5-6 games I wouldn't be able to catch a season

Mondays we already got MNF

Thursdays we're going to get TNF for free now

Sundays usually at the 1 pm (pacific) time slot it's the Seahawks game so I'm not watching anything else no matter what is on

We already get SNF on Sundays too, so basically what I'm paying for is the 10 am (pacific) time slot to watch a game that Fox or CBS doesn't already have on TV...and usually Fox and CBS has some solid games

Personally, I don't think it's worth the money.

Your prerogative.

I pay $130 Cdn for my Sunday Ticket and would never consider not having it.

It's because of the Seahawks I got it in the first place. All those Dave Krieg games that weren't sold out.... I'll watch them these days but for years they were a black hole to me.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember Logicallylethal a lot of those who get Sunday Ticket like watching more than just one game even if that game is their team. I am one of those that I don't stop watching football just because the Broncos game is over. I watch most of the Thursday Night, Sunday Night, and Monday Night games whether the Broncos are in them or not. Yes for the most part The Sunday Ticket is to make sure I get every Bronco game possible but I also love watching every game I can as well. I remember during AP's race to history for the most rushing yards in a season. I started recording every Vikings games possible as I just like to watch history being made.

Oh I'm not knocking anyone who gets the NFL Sunday Ticket at all. Didn't mean my post to come off like that if it did.

On Sundays when I'm at home I have my laptop out streaming the Red Zone Channel and a different window out ready to stream a marquee game that isn't on TV while I'm watching the FOX/CBS games. I go to about 2-3 Seahawk games a year and with tickets costing so much these days I just don't have the luxury to fork out that money for NFL Sunday Ticket.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not knocking anyone who gets the NFL Sunday Ticket at all. Didn't mean my post to come off like that if it did.

On Sundays when I'm at home I have my laptop out streaming the Red Zone Channel and a different window out ready to stream a marquee game that isn't on TV while I'm watching the FOX/CBS games. I go to about 2-3 Seahawk games a year and with tickets costing so much these days I just don't have the luxury to fork out that money for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Understandable. Every year I wrestle with that same decision. I used to try and get to 2-3 games a year but now with prices as they are I can almost buy a new big screen tv for that price and have my friends over to watch the games. So definitely hard to balance. I usually try to do the every other year type thing. This is the year to go to games so hoping I can find a couple of games with decently priced tickets and see if I can make a few more Bronco fans out of some of the people in the town I am by taking them to the games. Try to take somebody who has never been to a game before and see if they catch the NFL itch.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I'm watching NFL there is no laptop, phone or anything anywhere near me. I have a stream in my back yard but that's as close as I come to that.

Just the large plasma unit in front of me. Much more civilized.

And my remote control. As 1 PM (PST) approaches the remote can almost melt down as I flip from game to game watching the big finishes.