• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL/Fox football gripe

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many are experiencing this, but my local fox has a dispute with direct tv and have the channel blacked out. If a game is on my local Fox, it won't let me watch it on the Sunday ticket because it is my local game, but the whole fox channel is blacked out. Anyway, missed the World Series due to this and now the Super bowl is supposed to be on Fox. Don't really see the point of having the Sunday ticket to watch most games, only to not be able to watch the Super Bowl? That's my gripe. With my luck, it will be the Bengals vs. the Saints(they are sitll in the playoff picture, just barely)

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might be time to change providers:suds:

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I cut direct tv, then no sunday ticket.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had DirecTV for a while. They bragged about not raising prices, but they kept cutting channels instead. When they cut the Sci-Fi channel, back when it was science fiction and not shows about pawn shops and motorcycles, I cut them.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today where YouTube is bidding on ST.

Hopefully they will sell the rights to Canadian cable companies. Streaming sucks ass for viewing multiple games.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many are experiencing this, but my local fox has a dispute with direct tv and have the channel blacked out. If a game is on my local Fox, it won't let me watch it on the Sunday ticket because it is my local game, but the whole fox channel is blacked out. Anyway, missed the World Series due to this and now the Super bowl is supposed to be on Fox. Don't really see the point of having the Sunday ticket to watch most games, only to not be able to watch the Super Bowl? That's my gripe. With my luck, it will be the Bengals vs. the Saints(they are sitll in the playoff picture, just barely)
I'm having the same DTV/Fox issue here in Texas. It's complete BS. If the game isn't on locally, it should be shown on the Ticket, but it's not working that way and the Ticket channel is blacked out b/c it says the game is on locally (which it isn't). I complained to DTV and they gave me a discount on my bill, but that doesn't fix the problem.

I remember this starting back during the World Series, but I was able to watch the series games on my TV on Fox Sports.com. Fox also shows a couple of NFL games live on the Fox sports site. When my Niners were on Fox and weren't the "game of the week" or whatever, I once used a free trial on FuboTv to watch the game--you could try doing something like that.

Here's hoping the YouTubeTV Sunday Ticket is ran better than DTV.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going call them and bitch and tell them they gave Niner Outlaw a discount and I want one TOO!

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having the same DTV/Fox issue here in Texas. It's complete BS. If the game isn't on locally, it should be shown on the Ticket, but it's not working that way and the Ticket channel is blacked out b/c it says the game is on locally (which it isn't). I complained to DTV and they gave me a discount on my bill, but that doesn't fix the problem.

I remember this starting back during the World Series, but I was able to watch the series games on my TV on Fox Sports.com. Fox also shows a couple of NFL games live on the Fox sports site. When my Niners were on Fox and weren't the "game of the week" or whatever, I once used a free trial on FuboTv to watch the game--you could try doing something like that.

Here's hoping the YouTubeTV Sunday Ticket is ran better than DTV.
its simple if they dont have access as a local channel they dont have it on the sunday ticket Has nothing to do with blackouts
Fox is just as much to blame cause they want direct tv to buy all their fox crap not just the local broadcast
Welcome to America
utube is streaming and if u havent tried it u wont like it:suds:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its simple if they dont have access as a local channel they dont have it on the sunday ticket Has nothing to do with blackouts
Fox is just as much to blame cause they want direct tv to buy all their fox crap not just the local broadcast
Welcome to America
utube is streaming and if u havent tried it u wont like it:suds:
Eh, I've got more than one streaming service already and I'm sure YouTubeTV will have its problems. The Sunday Ticket is the only reason I still have DTV. Can't wait to cancel it when the season is over and then I'll be going with YouTubeTV to get the Ticket there.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The basic problem here is - the fees the cable companies pay the local stations keep going up. (and get passed on to the consumer)
I'm guessing it's a substantial portion of many stations' revenue.

I read recently that Spectrum here tacks on a "local channel surcharge" of over $20 for all cable subscribers.

I dropped cable years ago. I recommend anyone who watches NFL to check out this site:

Most of the HD transmission towers are over 10 miles from me, and I get all the local channels most of the time.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The basic problem here is - the fees the cable companies pay the local stations keep going up. (and get passed on to the consumer)
I'm guessing it's a substantial portion of many stations' revenue.

I read recently that Spectrum here tacks on a "local channel surcharge" of over $20 for all cable subscribers.

I dropped cable years ago. I recommend anyone who watches NFL to check out this site:

Most of the HD transmission towers are over 10 miles from me, and I get all the local channels most of the time.

Exactly.

TV Antennae ears aren't what they used to be. Buy the new digital one and you can pick up an HD signal over the air and it is just as good of a picture as anything coming via satellite.

That is how you have to get around this issue. @mrschaney

And you can even pause the game if you have a smart TV and a flashdrive.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I've got more than one streaming service already and I'm sure YouTubeTV will have its problems. The Sunday Ticket is the only reason I still have DTV. Can't wait to cancel it when the season is over and then I'll be going with YouTubeTV to get the Ticket there.
nobody knows who has sunday ticket yet I hope prime gets it cause i already have that:suds:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
nobody knows who has sunday ticket yet I hope prime gets it cause i already have that:suds:

Makes some degree of sense for Google to go after it since they've been slowly trying to turn Youtube in some everything type of service by offering TV and Music to go along with regular Youtube.