• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the footballs were deflated?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts players can't comment or it would sound like sour grapes. As far as Rodgers, has he ever been accused of putting extra air in the balls after they were certified?

How is making the ball easier to throw and harder to fumble not a big deal when only your team can use them?

No but he's admitted to sending balls in out side of league rules limits, knowing that the officials don't always use a gauge to check them.

Remember what the league said in it's statement towards the end? I have a feeling the investigators will be talking to Mr. Rogers and the Green Bay Packers as part of this investigation. I have a feeling the net is going to be bit wider than just the Patriots.

Just the way it looks to me at this time.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you keep confusing what you want to happen with what is likely to happen.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you keep confusing what you want to happen with what is likely to happen.

Not at all. I have no issue stepping back and evaluating, like I've said to others on these boards, it happens to be what I do for a living.

And what I just previously posted a couple of posts back is based on experience and how it looks at the moment to me, but I freely admit I haven't much information to go on just like everyone else.

You have the league investigating a team for possibly using balls outside of allowed parameters. You have a QB stating out in the open that he sends the balls outside the allowed parameters to see if he can sneak them buy the officials. (It's safe to assume he intended to use them if they go through.) You have the league making a statement that includes saying they intend to speak with other teams. Now sure that may be to see if they noticed anything, but it also leaves the door open that they intend to follow up on what Mr. Rogers stated.

There questioning of him could be to see if he broke the rules, but my hunch is that it's more likely to look into were the officials actually letting balls go through without being checked with a gauge.

You seem like you are assuming I'm hoping Mr Rogers gets in trouble along the way as well. and that isn't the case. I think the whole rule is dumb to begin with, including how it's carried out by the league.

Because I do conduct investigations I am fascinated by how it is/will play out. With what we have been told thus far it looks like the NFL botched it right from jump street, which isn't shocking based on their past investigations.

:suds:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts players can't comment or it would sound like sour grapes. As far as Rodgers, has he ever been accused of putting extra air in the balls after they were certified?

How is making the ball easier to throw and harder to fumble not a big deal when only your team can use them?

And it might actually be sour grapes if you think about. It's a lot easier to say that the game might have been different without the rules being bent rather than admit they were overmatched and lost because they were outplayed.

Like Hines Ward, Marshall Faulk, Jim Haurbaugh etc. These guys are all highly competitive alpha male types who probably have a hard time realizing on a particular day they weren't the top dog in the jungle. It's who they are.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I have no issue stepping back and evaluating, like I've said to others on these boards, it happens to be what I do for a living.

I'm calling absolute bullshit on this given the insane amount of ignorance you have shown on this board.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it might actually be sour grapes if you think about. It's a lot easier to say that the game might have been different without the rules being bent rather than admit they were overmatched and lost because they were outplayed.

Like Hines Ward, Marshall Faulk, Jim Haurbaugh etc. These guys are all highly competitive alpha male types who probably have a hard time realizing on a particular day they weren't the top dog in the jungle. It's who they are.

Same with Belichick. For him it was worth doing even though it may or may not have been as important a factor as he thought initially.

i.e. the Patriots took off against the Colts with the regular pressured balls, they had at least two fumbles against the Ravens. They certainly fumble the ball.

But for him, competitive person that he is it was worth doing.

I have no doubt that if he is found involved that he'll get more than a 25k fine.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling absolute bullshit on this given the insane amount of ignorance you have shown on this board.

You're calling it ignorance is just you deflecting because you couldn't refute any of what I posted about Ray.

Still waiting for you to try and explain away one Mr. Suggs.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Belichick. For him it was worth doing even though it may or may not have been as important a factor as he thought initially.

i.e. the Patriots took off against the Colts with the regular pressured balls, they had at least two fumbles against the Ravens. They certainly fumble the ball.

But for him, competitive person that he is it was worth doing.

I have no doubt that if he is found involved that he'll get more than a 25k fine.

I agree. If he is found at fault the fine will not be for the violation itself.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peckerwood and Pats fans going at it,,oh Yummy.

Bill-Hader-Popcorn-reaction-Gif-On-The-Daily-Show.gif

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're calling it ignorance is just you deflecting because you couldn't refute any of what I posted about Ray.

Still waiting for you to try and explain away one Mr. Suggs.

You mean besides the fact that the judge's ruling was justifiable homicide??? You are such a f'ing moron.

I will chime in about Suggs when you explain how that is related to the topic at hand...cheating. I won't address any other attempts at deflection by you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care. its really not a big deal. If anything its a disadvantage to the Pats.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care, but I'm sick of hearing about it and I feel sorry for the fans of both teams..... except perhaps the Pats fans who claim they believe Brady is telling the truth. Just deal with this crap after the game. It will make for some good off season entertainment.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but he's admitted to sending balls in out side of league rules limits, knowing that the officials don't always use a gauge to check them.

Remember what the league said in it's statement towards the end? I have a feeling the investigators will be talking to Mr. Rogers and the Green Bay Packers as part of this investigation. I have a feeling the net is going to be bit wider than just the Patriots.

Just the way it looks to me at this time.

Exactly. He was trying to bend the rules. So how much he was successful AND how much it actually made a difference can only be guessed at.

Like the Patriots.

team

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are going to lose picks so their punishment is fair. But still I don't think it's that big of a deal.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are going to lose picks so their punishment is fair. But still I don't think it's that big of a deal.

How you been, man?! :suds: Haven't seen you in a while!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to SportsHoopla for the very first time!

Why would the Patriots lose picks?

They have done nothing to break the rules.

Investigation results to follow after they win the Superbowl....