• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the footballs were deflated?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the Ray Rice incident sure proved that.

So you actually think the NFL doesn't give a shit about it's image? Really???

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be treated no differently than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol IMO.

Sadly, I don't think the Government will ever have weed on that list :bullshit:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would understand if the game was close at all, but it was 45-7. I think the deflated footballs is not a good excuse for the loss. If it was so deflated, it would have been noticed by the defense when picking up the foootball from an incomplete pass or something, or referee, or some NFL official. But the Colts only scored 7 points. What is their offense's excuse for scoring only 7 points?

Doesn't bother me, I think every team should push the envelope.

That being said I think it is pretty fantastical to think the staff would under inflate the game balls w/o Brady's knowledge and/or consent, that is the #800 gorilla in the room right now. This does put him in an awkward spot on the podium, and after the lopsided outcome the Pats have to be thinking that was a pretty stupid stunt. In the big picture this is pretty pedestrian stuff, hell I was watching the SB marathon yesterday, watching Aron Hernandez busting one into the endzone, thinking, damn the guy is sitting in the slammer on a murder rap w a big ol SB ring, now that's a crazy scenario.

Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they would deflate a little but not as fast. They supposedly check the game ball 2 hrs 15 min before the game. There was hardly anytime after halftime, while in fact Pats had to wait a minute to get a ball.
I dont buy into the pressure dropping 2 psi in 40 degree weather. I think they went in light and league never gauged them

I thought about that, and I was wondering what the criteria was for filling the balls and measuring them, of course the temp they were filled at would affect the pressure at game time, while there might be a small amount of deflation from their use, they should also be checked at the same temp as when they were filled, if you check a ball at '40 that was filled at '75 it would seem a certain amount of deviation would be normal. If they were filled and measured at the same temp, which would be the only proper way to measure, #2 is fairly significant out of #12 (16%), then again I don't believe all game balls undergo such scrutiny so who knows how many teams and how many balls could be affected.

Regardless if one knew the game balls were checked after each game, I doubt if such a ploy would be wise, so I am guessing they are not.

Maybe the league should maintain a little more control over the apparatus.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that, and I was wondering what the criteria was for filling the balls and measuring them, of course the temp they were filled at would affect the pressure at game time, while there might be a small amount of deflation from their use, they should also be checked at the same temp as when they were filled, if you check a ball at '40 that was filled at '75 it would seem a certain amount of deviation would be normal. If they were filled and measured at the same temp, which would be the only proper way to measure, #2 is fairly significant out of #12 (16%), then again I don't believe all game balls undergo such scrutiny so who knows how many teams and how many balls could be affected.

Regardless if one knew the game balls were checked after each game, I doubt if such a ploy would be wise, so I am guessing they are not.

Maybe the league should maintain a little more control over the apparatus.

There was only one ball that was deflated 2 psi. 10 balls were down 1 psi. We have all heard the Belichick speech but we don't know anything yet. If Goodell wants to fine the Pats for the ball boy taking a piss?
That along with an apology would suit me fine.....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day every ref looks at the same replay and comes up with the same ruling is the day I'll believe the refs are infallible. These guys like the rest of the folks involved in this are not rocket scientists. Some can't make their mic work, some face the wrong direction when announcing rulings.

Some can't tell Dez made a great catch.

So how in the hell are we supposed to believe they didn't screw things up?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even watch football and I care. If you think that deflating the balls didn't make a difference - then you're smoking something. The win should be vacated since the team did not actually win according to the NFL rules

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was only one ball that was deflated 2 psi. 10 balls were down 1 psi. We have all heard the Belichick speech but we don't know anything yet. If Goodell wants to fine the Pats for the ball boy taking a piss?
That along with an apology would suit me fine.....

I'm good w that, it does seem pissy to me, but I am not a stickler for 'integrity', seems like that term is a little self serving.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find most humerous is a SB sporting 2 teams that have been caught doing things they shouldn't have. Hard to root for either really.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what......if this was NE`s first ever offense of cheating,then I could see where it would be swept under the rug.

But its not.

And as Kornhiser said today on PTI:
"The ballboy taking the rap for this will hold no water for the fact no one would do this unless it was ordered by Bill or Tom"

Sorry guys.........but it is a big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly - I think some of you are trying to split hairs. There is no way in hell that a player is going to deflate a ball by only 1 psi or even 2. Depending on the item, the pressure in a ball o car tire varies depending on the activity use of the product, humidity and etc. If there was a deflating it would have been substantially more and since the Patriots have a history of being cheats, I believe everything bad about them

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what......if this was NE`s first ever offense of cheating,then I could see where it would be swept under the rug.

But its not.

And as Kornhiser said today on PTI:
"The ballboy taking the rap for this will hold no water for the fact no one would do this unless it was ordered by Bill or Tom"

Sorry guys.........but it is a big deal.

I agree, no way that ball isn't approved by TB before it hits the field, but I see this much like NASCAR, so many rules, someone has to push the envelope.

Kudos to the Pats for pushing it, someone needs to.

The NFL is about talent, players, skill, not rules, refs, and sanctions.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find most humerous is a SB sporting 2 teams that have been caught doing things they shouldn't have. Hard to root for either really.

10932583_547219852082178_1640046800_n.jpg

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cali my friend 2 feet of snow and yoru in nice California. people in Buffalo are prob laughing at me and saying you wimp only 2 feet? We had 7 feet already in 1 storm. We kinda lucked out cause no electricity loss and was supposed to get 3 feet

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even watch football and I care. If you think that deflating the balls didn't make a difference - then you're smoking something. The win should be vacated since the team did not actually win according to the NFL rules

How would know? You don't even watch football? :whistle: