• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the footballs were deflated?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the refs never gauged them,i would tend to think they`d step up and say that rather than see the pats go thru what they have........I`m not buying.And not trying to be a dick either.

You serious? You think the league would want to have egg on their face if refs didnt do their jobs. They probably would all get fired if they all said that they didnt gauge them. Just like the USA/Mexican border, border patrol check some cars but not all. If someone gets busted with 50 kilos in Texas, they would just say the drugs must have been picked up in states. How do you deflate 12 balls with all the media, opposing coaches players etc being there?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that deflating the football is wrong. But it seems that it is as big of a deal as Spygate.

To me, it is as much cheating as holding during a football game. Every blocker does it. They are even taught to do it. It happens on almost every play. I am sure the referees are very aware of it on every play. Then why don't they throw a flag on nearly every play if it happens on every play?

How do you explain that to your children? Holding could have major affect on the outcome of games.

I'd say it's a very competitive job and sometimes even generally good people feel pressured to bend the rules even when they shouldn't.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious? You think the league would want to have egg on their face if refs didnt do their jobs. They probably would all get fired if they all said that they didnt gauge them. Just like the USA/Mexican border, border patrol check some cars but not all. If someone gets busted with 50 kilos in Texas, they would just say the drugs must have been picked up in states. How do you deflate 12 balls with all the media, opposing coaches players etc being there?

no are you serious.....you don`t think the league,Kraft,Bill,Tom,Pats team and the Pats fans has egg on their face now?

It would be better for one to stand up and admit guilt rather than have all of thee above go thru another black eye.

And it would not be refs......probably just the one,maybe two.

If that's what it was.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It couldn't possibly be because it's the Patriots. It's all about the level playing field and the sanctity of the game. And the children. What do you say to the children?

If they broke the rules they should be at least fined. 2nd offense? maybe a draft pick

Its always a conspiracy with you guys..........:rollseyes:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it has something to do with it. If the game were close and Tom's first half stats were significantly better than his second half, it would add a full inch to the boner you're popping over this.

I made a thread on our team page taking the apologists to task but here we are days later and where's the beef? How is it that we knew such details about the balls on day one including precisely how many balls were under inflated and that no Colts balls were deflated but over a week later there's not one shred of detail?

What if it was a sting and the Colts for this game, kept their balls at the proper inflation knowing that they would deflate and report any ball they got from the Pats on a fumble or interception?

Again, I've avoided the excuse train till now but what the fuck is taking so long to release a couple of pertinent details?

Brady has been asked yesterday if the league has talked to him yet.........He said but after SB he expects them to come a knocking.

Till then,the issue will not be an issue until the SB is over..........So we wait.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no are you serious.....you don`t think the league,Kraft,Bill,Tom,Pats team and the Pats fans has egg on their face now?

It would be better for one to stand up and admit guilt rather than have all of thee above go thru another black eye.

And it would not be refs......probably just the one,maybe two.

If that's what it was.

What if the Pats weren't guilty of anythiny, should they have apologized? If your supposed to check say the light bulbs everyday at work but miss some and a Supervisor says : hey bulb is out" Your response would probably be, "it was working this am, and must have just gone out". Or maybe you tell the truth and risk punishment

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was another team would the furor be the same? Tell me again why the Patriots deserve more?

I wonder what would happen if the Saints did something...............AGAIN!

With me its not a NE hate job...........And anyone else I know either.

Last edited by a moderator:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Pats weren't guilty of anythiny, should they have apologized? If your supposed to check say the light bulbs everyday at work but miss some and a Supervisor says : hey bulb is out" Your response would probably be, "it was working this am, and must have just gone out". Or maybe you tell the truth and risk punishment

Hell yes......Admit you fucked up,cause lying is not the way to go son.

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is the issue so important? Why should anybody care about the air pressure of the ball?

Can't bring up how it is easier to pass because gripping the ball is easier. That affects the result of the game.

I honestly can't answer this. Ask the people that actually made the rule about it. Ask the QBs that like it at 12.5 as opposed to those who like it at 13.5. They would know a hell of a lot more than I do. What I do know is that people can't just pick and choose what rules they want to follow.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was another team would the furor be the same? Tell me again why the Patriots deserve more?

Common sense. Why is the story on Josh Gordon such a big deal to some?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has been asked yesterday if the league has talked to him yet.........He said but after SB he expects them to come a knocking.

Till then,the issue will not be an issue until the SB is over..........So we wait.

So why the specificity of the initial report? 11 of 12 Pats balls under inflated, one significantly lower than the others and all 12 Colts balls tested legal.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why the specificity of the initial report? 11 of 12 Pats balls under inflated, one significantly lower than the others and all 12 Colts balls tested legal.

You get your dog? Pics?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I think punishment for smoking weed should be minimal. Marijuana is not a performance enhancer. It is far difference than taking drugs like cocaine or meth. And especially different than steroids.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I think punishment for smoking weed should be minimal. Marijuana is not a performance enhancer. It is far difference than taking drugs like cocaine or meth. And especially different than steroids.

It should be treated no differently than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol IMO.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be treated no differently than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol IMO.

I disagree with that. Cigarettes and alcohol are legal in all 50 states and DC. So, smoking marijuana is more serious. I would compare it to public intoxication or something like that. Slap him on the wrist and move on.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that. Cigarettes and alcohol are legal in all 50 states and DC. So, smoking marijuana is more serious. I would compare it to public intoxication or something like that. Slap him on the wrist and move on.

I don't see what business it is for the NFL to enforce U.S. laws. If marijuana is such a big deal then the U.S. government should arrest all these players for failing these drug tests. They don't care so why should the NFL?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what business it is for the NFL to enforce U.S. laws. If marijuana is such a big deal then the U.S. government should arrest all these players for failing these drug tests. They don't care so why should the NFL?

It think it's pretty much common sense that the NFL cares about it's image.