• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the footballs were deflated?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, no way that ball isn't approved by TB before it hits the field, but I see this much like NASCAR, so many rules, someone has to push the envelope.

Kudos to the Pats for pushing it, someone needs to.

The NFL is about talent, players, skill, not rules, refs, and sanctions.

Totally agree......But if you have those componenets,then why cheat to win?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even watch football and I care. If you think that deflating the balls didn't make a difference - then you're smoking something. The win should be vacated since the team did not actually win according to the NFL rules

I hate "vacated" anything. That is just another term for "asterisk" and I hate asterisks.

Take away future Draft picks will affect the team a lot more than a vacated win.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate "vacated" anything. That is just another term for "asterisk" and I hate asterisks.

Take away future Draft picks will affect the team a lot more than a vacated win.

The only thing about that - and I am not disagreeing with you here, but the Patriots have a history of cheating and they have titles because they cheated so something has to be done to make 'NOT WORTH THE RISK" Otherwise they are going to laugh at the punishment and continue ways to cheat. As I recall the last time they were secretly video taping practice sessions in the year they didn't have single loss the entire season. They then lost most likely lost because they didn't get to record the New York team's practice sessions. Before that they beat the Raiders using the same coach that coached for Al Davis. That was never investigated, but I always have believed that they knew the exact plays the Raiders were going to run and keep in mind I hate the freakin Raiders, so seeing them get screwed doesn't really bother me

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would know? You don't even watch football? :whistle:

Because I studied engineering in college and it's merely the matter of the physical laws of nature and common sense(something some of you seem to be lacking). I watch enough though to know that deflating the ball could hurt the game, but I would have to argue against one or two pounds making a huge difference. Now the only problem I would have with it being enough to make a difference is why didn't someone notice it. There are some inconsistencies with the deflated ball theories in my opinion that need to be worked out