• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the footballs were deflated?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to SportsHoopla for the very first time!

Why would the Patriots lose picks?

They have done nothing to break the rules.

Investigation results to follow after they win the Superbowl....

I agree, to be honest right now they didn't break the rules. This is suppose to be America. People jump the gun way to quick. Even if they did deflate the ball its a disadvantage for the Pats. So they tried to help the Colts win. I mean look at both halves, Pats dominated the 2nd half. Thats proof right there. A deflated ball can't be thrown as far and accuracy(and throwing a spiral is more difficult). The only good thing about a deflated ball is that it might help hold on to the ball and maybe catch it better. It doesn't help Brad.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean besides the fact that the judge's ruling was justifiable homicide??? You are such a f'ing moron.

I will chime in about Suggs when you explain how that is related to the topic at hand...cheating. I won't address any other attempts at deflection by you.

Yes and OJ didn't murder two people. Hang your hat on that.

It's related because it shows your hypocrisy.:wtf2:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is being blown out of proportion especially when you consider the Patriots outscored the Colts 28-0 after the balls where fixed.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of hearing about the ball deflation conspiracy. I just hope the guys that call the SB game don't make it an issue during the game

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, to be honest right now they didn't break the rules. This is suppose to be America. People jump the gun way to quick. Even if they did deflate the ball its a disadvantage for the Pats. So they tried to help the Colts win. I mean look at both halves, Pats dominated the 2nd half. Thats proof right there. A deflated ball can't be thrown as far and accuracy(and throwing a spiral is more difficult). The only good thing about a deflated ball is that it might help hold on to the ball and maybe catch it better. It doesn't help Brad.

with those deflated balls,Brady was 1-3.And the completed pass was to Vereen for 30.
So its not like he was actually throwing deep anyways.
How many times does a qb throw deep to begin with all game?
Your theory proves nothing,but to hold onto the ball better.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is being blown out of proportion especially when you consider the Patriots outscored the Colts 28-0 after the balls where fixed.

:10: Coming from a Colts fan

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's crazy to me how many people don't understand that the result of that game has nothing to do with the issue. You will find very, very few people who actually think the Colts were the better team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about this.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tducey

sonnyblack65

I gotta ask.........Being it had gotten colder as the game went by in the 2nd half................why were those balls not deflating.

Or is it because they would only deflate in the first half?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to me how many people don't understand that the result of that game has nothing to do with the issue. You will find very, very few people who actually think the Colts were the better team.

Then why is the issue so important? Why should anybody care about the air pressure of the ball?

Can't bring up how it is easier to pass because gripping the ball is easier. That affects the result of the game.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who in the hell would say that?..........:L

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is the issue so important? Why should anybody care about the air pressure of the ball?

Can't bring up how it is easier to pass because gripping the ball is easier. That affects the result of the game.

It couldn't possibly be because it's the Patriots. It's all about the level playing field and the sanctity of the game. And the children. What do you say to the children?

If they broke the rules they should be at least fined. 2nd offense? maybe a draft pick

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tducey

sonnyblack65

I gotta ask.........Being it had gotten colder as the game went by in the 2nd half................why were those balls not deflating.

Or is it because they would only deflate in the first hal
f?

Sure they would deflate a little but not as fast. They supposedly check the game ball 2 hrs 15 min before the game. There was hardly anytime after halftime, while in fact Pats had to wait a minute to get a ball.
I dont buy into the pressure dropping 2 psi in 40 degree weather. I think they went in light and league never gauged them

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much you wanna bet they will say its the media that brought that on......to me if it wasn`t important,it would not be talked about by explayers .
They`d just tell you its not an issue rather than have a lot of them call brady a liar.

It is a big deal.
although they all say the Colts game didn`t matter,it may have in another game.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they would deflate a little but not as fast. They supposedly check the game ball 2 hrs 15 min before the game. There was hardly anytime after halftime, while in fact Pats had to wait a minute to get a ball.
I dont buy into the pressure dropping 2 psi in 40 degree weather. I think they went in light and league never gauged them

if the refs never gauged them,i would tend to think they`d step up and say that rather than see the pats go thru what they have........I`m not buying.And not trying to be a dick either.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would understand if the game was close at all, but it was 45-7. I think the deflated footballs is not a good excuse for the loss. If it was so deflated, it would have been noticed by the defense when picking up the foootball from an incomplete pass or something, or referee, or some NFL official. But the Colts only scored 7 points. What is their offense's excuse for scoring only 7 points?

Honestly, I don't really care either, but what else is there to talk about for 2 weeks? NFL should have the Super Bowl the week following the AFC & NFC championship games.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course it has something to do with it. If the game were close and Tom's first half stats were significantly better than his second half, it would add a full inch to the boner you're popping over this.

I made a thread on our team page taking the apologists to task but here we are days later and where's the beef? How is it that we knew such details about the balls on day one including precisely how many balls were under inflated and that no Colts balls were deflated but over a week later there's not one shred of detail?

What if it was a sting and the Colts for this game, kept their balls at the proper inflation knowing that they would deflate and report any ball they got from the Pats on a fumble or interception?

Again, I've avoided the excuse train till now but what the fuck is taking so long to release a couple of pertinent details?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't really care either, but what else is there to talk about for 2 weeks? NFL should have the Super Bowl the week following the AFC & NFC championship games.

:10:

AND a standard length of Halftime.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It couldn't possibly be because it's the Patriots. It's all about the level playing field and the sanctity of the game. And the children. What do you say to the children?

If they broke the rules they should be at least fined. 2nd offense? maybe a draft pick

I understand that deflating the football is wrong. But it seems that it is as big of a deal as Spygate.

To me, it is as much cheating as holding during a football game. Every blocker does it. They are even taught to do it. It happens on almost every play. I am sure the referees are very aware of it on every play. Then why don't they throw a flag on nearly every play if it happens on every play?

How do you explain that to your children? Holding could have major affect on the outcome of games.