• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the footballs were deflated?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats won 45-7!
Huh?? does cheating only count as cheating in a 45-44 game?
If you cheat, it doesn't matter what the final score ends up. You cheated.

Everybody cheats!
Huh??, does someone else breaking the rules suddenly make a rulebreaker innocent.
Guilt of other teams does not have any bearing on the guilt of the Patriots.

These two defenses make no sense at all. They do more damage to the defense than helping it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know how Bill Polian is doing these days? We all have him to thank for the flag on nearly every passing play via "illegal contact".:L

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?? does cheating only count as cheating in a 45-44 game?
If you cheat, it doesn't matter what the final score ends up. You cheated.

Huh??, does someone else breaking the rules suddenly make a rulebreaker innocent.
Guilt of other teams does not have any bearing on the guilt of the Patriots.

These two defenses make no sense at all. They do more damage to the defense than helping it.

It's not a defense of the cheating, it's a defense of all the self righteous fans that some how think their teams are as pure as new winter snow fall. HYP O CRITES:pound:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would understand if the game was close at all, but it was 45-7. I think the deflated footballs is not a good excuse for the loss. If it was so deflated, it would have been noticed by the defense when picking up the foootball from an incomplete pass or something, or referee, or some NFL official. But the Colts only scored 7 points. What is their offense's excuse for scoring only 7 points?

No...you are joined by the upper right-hand corner of the map of the US. You are also not the only one who doesn't understand that the result of that particular game has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RDsox nooo only when they are talking FED's fertility enhancing drugs and suspended for 4 games for trying to knock up wife :doh:

Oh stop it Sonny, we are talking about current football, that was all the way back like a year ago. That's totally different.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a defense of the cheating, it's a defense of all the self righteous fans that some how think their teams are as pure as new winter snow fall. HYP O CRITES:pound:

It would be extremely therapeutic for you to direct even a little of that frustration towards the organization you root for. They are the reason why you are participating in this particular conversation.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a simple yes or no question?

I don`t think it is.....I mean unless they have speakers and all hooked up to to malke all that crowd noise.

But if it`s the way they built the stadium,I highly doubt anything will ever be done then.

first I`ve ever heard.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I'm fine if the argument is that "everyone cheats", they probably do. I just can't believe that there are still people out there who are saying that "there's no proof that anyone cheated".

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be extremely therapeutic for you to direct even a little of that frustration towards the organization you root for. They are the reason why you are participating in this particular conversation.

I'm participating because I find it comical how much of a big deal this is to the haters of the Patriots, particularly by the fans of teams that lost to them. The tears are delicious.:nod: I use them as sweetener for my coffee in the morning.

The people complaining the loudest are hypocrites because if you look close enough you can find every team in the NFL cheating in one manner or another. Does that make it right? No, but it is part of the game going back more than 50 years. As fan you have to learn to accept that it goes on, and then be realistic in what is really bad, and what really isn't. :nod:

This incident may be a rule violation if it's found that they did in fact change the pressure of the ball after being approved, but realistically how big of a deal was it? Not much of one. So if that's the case fine whomever the 25g and move on. It's a friggen speeding ticket for doing 67 in a 60 zone for crying out loud.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a simple yes or no question?

I don`t think it is.....I mean unless they have speakers and all hooked up to to malke all that crowd noise.

But if it`s the way they built the stadium,I highly doubt anything will ever be done then.

first I`ve ever heard.

The funny thing is, as a fan I really don't care that they possibly are doing it.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm participating because I find it comical how much of a big deal this is to the haters of the Patriots, particularly by the fans of teams that lost to them. The tears are delicious.:nod: I use them as sweetener for my coffee in the morning.

You are delusional.

You are also embracing the accomplishments of the football team you root for as your own which is pathetic.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why hasnt anyone ever noticed before? The refs, the defense, or the other team who can use the home teams balls if they want. Nobody noticed it during the game at the Indy game. Those balls were 2 lbs under pressure, you think maybe the officials fucked up and didnt check the pressure before the game, like they are supposed to. Most on here are saying guilty until proven innocent. I realize the spygate issue in 07, so they will be scrutinized more and judged prematurely

I believe someone has noticed it before....I have heard or read somewhere that the ravens also tipped off I ndy.
Not sure how true that is.

Did the refs forget to weigh the balls?...Very possible,but highly doubtful.
I`m sure they would have came forward by now and admitted it.

And the pats have been known to break the rules before,so why in the hell would I believe anything they have said?

Sorry......but when these explayers have said those two are full of shit.............They`re full of shit.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, the Colts didn't "intentionally" lose games. Nobody capable of rational thought believes that. On the flip side, Brady and the Pats have actually removed themselves from any GOAT discussions. Whenever they are brought up there will always be the disclaimer that they were lairs and cheaters. That's just reality.

I'm not sure how naive one has to be to believe that the Colts didn't intentionally tank that entire season. Surely you remember "Suck for Luck"?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are delusional.

You are also embracing the accomplishments of the football team you root for as your own which is pathetic.

And you are wrong, I watch it and enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment. If they broke a rule. so be it, punish them accordingly, it's the about the same as an over curved hockey stick, loss of the stick and a 2 minute minor.

On the other hand I would be dead set against them picking up a person that was involved in a murder then setting up a statue to honor him.

You should get some priorty sorted out in your life.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are wrong, I watch it and enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment. If they broke a rule. so be it, punish them accordingly, it's the about the same as an over curved hockey stick, loss of the stick and a 2 minute minor.

On the other hand I would be dead set against them picking up a person that was involved in a murder then setting up a statue to honor him.

You should get some priorty sorted out in your life.

So would I. Luckily, I'm not in that position.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe someone has noticed it before....I have heard or read somewhere that the ravens also tipped off I ndy.
Not sure how true that is.

Did the refs forget to weigh the balls?...Very possible,but highly doubtful.
I`m sure they would have came forward by now and admitted it.

And the pats have been known to break the rules before,so why in the hell would I believe anything they have said?

Sorry......but when these explayers have said those two are full of shit.............They`re full of shit.

Wood, at this point we actually don't know anything.

For example was it 2 psi low, or was the report mistaken and it was .2 psi low?

Did the refs use an ANSI rated gauge or just a cheapy that is only good for reference and not accuracy?

Did they even actually use a gauge or just give it the old squeeze test?

What was the chain of custody of the balls once this was brought up?

How were they and currently being stored?

Was this a sting type operation by the league, and if so why would they let the Patriots play an entire half first if it's all about the integrity of the game?

How often does this go on around the league? Is this one of those rules that's on the books but not considered important and therefore not really enforced? For example most cops aren't going to pull you over for doing 5 mph over the speed limit even though it is actually breaking the law. (Perspective)

Just a handful of questions that came to mind, if I were doing this investigation.:suds:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood, at this point we actually don't know anything.

For example was it 2 psi low, or was the report mistaken and it was .2 psi low?

Did the refs use an ANSI rated gauge or just a cheapy that is only good for reference and not accuracy?

Did they even actually use a gauge or just give it the old squeeze test?

What was the chain of custody of the balls once this was brought up?

How were they and currently being stored?

Was this a sting type operation by the league, and if so why would they let the Patriots play an entire half first if it's all about the integrity of the game?

How often does this go on around the league? Is this one of those rules that's on the books but not considered important and therefore not really enforced? For example most cops aren't going to pull you over for doing 5 mph over the speed limit even though it is actually breaking the law. (Perspective)

Just a handful of questions that came to mind, if I were doing this investigation.:suds:

You can ask me these questions because I can`t answer them cause I don`t work for the NFL.....but I`ll guarantee you that theor methods are not squeezing or using something cheap either.
Otherwise these players claiming to say brady is full of shit would have brought up these questions..........

And I loved how Olbermann put brady`s and Bill`s answers into perspective as "Pinnochio statements"

This is a bigger deal than you think.............sorry but it is.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The people complaining the loudest are hypocrites because if you look close enough you can find every team in the NFL cheating in one manner or another. Does that make it right? No, but it is part of the game going back more than 50 years. As fan you have to learn to accept that it goes on, and then be realistic in what is really bad, and what really isn't. :nod:

This incident may be a rule violation if it's found that they did in fact change the pressure of the ball after being approved, but realistically how big of a deal was it? Not much of one. So if that's the case fine whomever the 25g and move on. It's a friggen speeding ticket for doing 67 in a 60 zone for crying out loud.

So what have the Bears done?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, as a fan I really don't care that they possibly are doing it.[/QUOTE]

Possibly?

So you don`t know?
But you give me one of these :L ?

And you say possibly?

Now theres an allegation....lmao possibly..........

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can ask me these questions because I can`t answer them cause I don`t work for the NFL.....but I`ll guarantee you that theor methods are not squeezing or using something cheap either.
Otherwise these players claiming to say brady is full of shit would have brought up these questions..........

And I loved how Olbermann put brady`s and Bill`s answers into perspective as "Pinnochio statements"

This is a bigger deal than you think.............sorry but it is.

That may be so Wood, but the thing is we don't actually know. What we do know is there are reports out there that the some refs did in fact only look the balls over and not use a gauge. Not saying that is the case here, but we don't know at this point.

I try and approach it in this manner, it's part of what I do for a living so it's kind of how my brain is wired.

You ask the questions and follow them where they take you, regardless of what road it goes down, or hole it goes into.

It may be a bigger deal, I don't actually know that at this point because it involves to many assumptions based on media reports, and we all know media reports are often the least accurate sources of information.