• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alshon

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling but am curios. Was Alshon trying to throw the game? I don't recall seeing that many drops by one receiver in a game before. If it wasn't for the drops Claussen would a had a decent game

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling but am curios. Was Alshon trying to throw the game? I don't recall seeing that many drops by one receiver in a game before. If it wasn't for the drops Claussen would a had a decent game

He dropped a lot for Cutler this season too. It was a big stepback season for him this year. Watching the games, you can see he did not play well at all. Trouble getting open and too many dropped passes. Everyone talks about all the weapons in the passing game, but Jeffery and Marshall were NOT the players they were last year. Maybe the injuries had a lot to do with it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just Alshon, you can toss in the entire receiving core. Not sure if Clausen's release point was what they were used to or not. Hard to know. They talked before the game that Clausen hasn't spent much time with the first unit, this could have been the result. Not sure I've seen that many drops by receivers who had both hands on the ball before.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its usually the excuse that its hard to catch cutlers ball, should have been easier to catch a slower ball, maybe the receivers were just not used to having the ball hit them in the hands.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember that many drops for Alshon this year, that was definitely crazy.

You'd have to think that it had something to do with Jimmy's ball.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was horrible ... made my man, Jimmy, look bad.

Those two back2back drops near the end of the game were especially atrocious. :L

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a little bit of it was timing. I remember a few dropped passes were ones where the ball was right there when the wr turned his head to find the it. I think Clausen looked much better than cutler. He wasn't telegraphing passes. He was doing a bunch of small things that keep defenses on their toes, like faking to the wr on running back screens, audibling to run plays that would actually work, and his pocket presence was also a little bit better.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He dropped a lot for Cutler this season too. It was a big stepback season for him this year. Watching the games, you can see he did not play well at all. Trouble getting open and too many dropped passes. Everyone talks about all the weapons in the passing game, but Jeffery and Marshall were NOT the players they were last year. Maybe the injuries had a lot to do with it.

ibxo87cxPE1YkA.gif

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a little bit of it was timing. I remember a few dropped passes were ones where the ball was right there when the wr turned his head to find the it. I think Clausen looked much better than cutler. He wasn't telegraphing passes. He was doing a bunch of small things that keep defenses on their toes, like faking to the wr on running back screens, audibling to run plays that would actually work, and his pocket presence was also a little bit better.

It was a receiver not stopping to leap to catch every ball thrown to them. They were drops because the ball hit them in their hands. Thats what they are not used to. The reason some play action worked was because they actually stuck to the run and ran the ball 19 times.

I said it before, Trestman works with guys out of football for years, you can say Claussen like I said Tebow last week, or veterans that have lost their way and are willing to work to get back to being a starting quarterback.

First thing cutler needs to do is admit to himself that he has not played well. Then he needs to listen to coaches to fix his mistakes.

They had the camera on cutler enough, that nice floating toss for a TD where Claussen lept into Garzas arms in joy, Cutler was stonefaced on the sidelines. Just like if he threw the pick or threw the TD. No emotion. The emotion fuelled the offense, starting Groy and Ola at guards and giving Jimmy time to go thru his progressions.

I am pretty sure Trestman is gone, but dont think he will be out of a job for long, someone will want him to be their OC because they see thats what he should have been hired for in chicago.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a receiver not stopping to leap to catch every ball thrown to them. They were drops because the ball hit them in their hands. Thats what they are not used to. The reason some play action worked was because they actually stuck to the run and ran the ball 19 times.

I said it before, Trestman works with guys out of football for years, you can say Claussen like I said Tebow last week, or veterans that have lost their way and are willing to work to get back to being a starting quarterback.

First thing cutler needs to do is admit to himself that he has not played well. Then he needs to listen to coaches to fix his mistakes.

They had the camera on cutler enough, that nice floating toss for a TD where Claussen lept into Garzas arms in joy, Cutler was stonefaced on the sidelines. Just like if he threw the pick or threw the TD. No emotion. The emotion fuelled the offense, starting Groy and Ola at guards and giving Jimmy time to go thru his progressions.

I am pretty sure Trestman is gone, but dont think he will be out of a job for long, someone will want him to be their OC because they see thats what he should have been hired for in chicago.

Cutler and Tebow, mentioned in the same post!? ATF just came.