• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alright fellas, big board time!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we hope to trade #30 for a 2013 1st rounder, who are the likely trade partners?

highly unlikely it'll be teams drafting top 5 (top 10?), cause they already have a high 2nd rounder. wouldn't it be a team picking late like us? if so, we'd be looking at a late 2013 1st rounder?

would it be a team without a 2012 1st rounder, like Atlanta or Oakland? but aren't these teams sorta depleted as is?

The trade partner could come from anywhere in the draft - But they most likely will come from teams in the re-building phase and thus looking for multiple 1st round picks. Those teams are usually found near the top of the draft.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we hope to trade #30 for a 2013 1st rounder, who are the likely trade partners?

highly unlikely it'll be teams drafting top 5 (top 10?), cause they already have a high 2nd rounder. wouldn't it be a team picking late like us? if so, we'd be looking at a late 2013 1st rounder?

would it be a team without a 2012 1st rounder, like Atlanta or Oakland? but aren't these teams sorta depleted as is?

You can count the redskins out on that trade scenario

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The trade partner could come from anywhere in the draft - But they most likely will come from teams in the re-building phase and thus looking for multiple 1st round picks. Those teams are usually found near the top of the draft.

yeah it can come from any team, but odds favor whom? lets look at "rebuilding" teams, ie those at the top like Indy, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay. these three are also picking at the top of round 2, not much further from 30th.

so they'd be trading away a 2013 1st rounder which is likely top 10 again, for the 30th? if i'm their GM, won't do it.

i purposely left out St Louis (extra high 2nd) and Cleveland (extra 1st).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah man, Clyde had me scratching my head all year with his assessment of Sanu. It's not the typical measurables Clyde looks for in a WR in comparison to year's past.

Pozz, stop bashing my boy Randle :p He's not all that bad!

I'd rather work with no fewer than 14 other receivers before I'd select Randle. At the very least: Blackmon, Floyd, Kendall Wright, Hill, Jarius Wright, Jenkins, McNutt, Marvin Jones, Dwight Jones, Kearse, Streeter, Posey, Fuller and Adams before I'd take the time to work with him. Right now I'd roll the dice with Jeffery ahead of him too. I probably omitted others by accident as well. In other words, Randle woud be playing for somebody else if I were in a position of authority and I was given what I have now to make my opinion.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to post this for Clyde since 10-30a-10:45am (eastern time that is). I lost my damn post. I sorta don't like this system you guys have man, you should extend the time sensitive feature for another half hour or something. It's hard to post, work, supervise, all at the same damn time! At the same damn time, at the same damn time!

Anyway, I remember mentioning something to the extent of Clyde's expectation of us omitting certain prospects. So by Clyde sayhing "etc." in that comment, I am going to assume that players like Brockers, Kirkpatrick, Coples, Ingram, are several of the name

1.) Jenkins
2.) Poe
3.) Decastro (uncertain if I needed to include him on the list of excluded players - it is not totally impossible that he wont be available at pick # 30)
4.) Hill
5.) Konz
6.) Wolfe
7.) Glenn
8.) Mercilus / Jones
9.) Mercilus / Jones
10.) Miller
11.) Fleener (this is an absolutely last resort if we do not have a partner to trade back with)
12.) Wilson
13.) Reyes

+1 on this list, but I don't think DeCastro or Glenn will be there, so knock DeCastro out and replace Glenn with Zeitler. Also, move the parenthetical statement up to Miller, add Silatolu and have the statement apply to all of the bottom 4.

P.S. Love the Wolfe pick. I hope he slips to the mid second, if a trade down presents itself.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys so against Zeitler? The guy is going to be an above average guard for a dozen years. Isn't guard one of your biggest needs?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys so against Zeitler? The guy is going to be an above average guard for a dozen years. Isn't guard one of your biggest needs?

I'm not. I like Konz better because I would like him to replace Goodwin next year. If Zeitler can do that, I would be just as stoked with picking him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I regret giving you that rep Sick.

lol! Too late suckaaaa!

Just for clarification this is my 49ers big board, not my overall big board. That's why I don't have any RBs on the list. And I actually agree that Upshaw will be a better overall OLB than Mercilus, but I think Mercilus has more potential as a pass rusher. The Niners already have an Upshaw-like player (Brooks).

Perry will be better than either of 'em though (as long as he keeps takin' the juice like Matthews & Cushing. :)

BTW how will you react if the Niners draft Bruce Irvin in the first? I think it would be a reach, but the guy's another one of those high potential players the Niners seem to love.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleener
Konz
Richardson
Glenn
Poe
Jenkins
Jeffery
Cox

He was 4th on my big board. ill take it. He is a young Steve Smith who runs very good routes.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really wouldn't mind trading up for glenn. he has potential to eventually turn into a LT in a few years, maybe a derrick deese type who can give us solid play along with being versatile.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok round 2. Realistically whom do you want if the Niners stay put at 61?

1. Josh Chapman
2. Dwaaaaaaaaaayne Allen
3. Vinny Curry
4. Lamar Miller

Don't think Glenn, Worthy or J. Jenkins will be there. I suppose Jenkins might be there based on teams thinking he's destined to be the next Pacman Jones; he'd certainly be temptimg regardless.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok round 2. Realistically whom do you want if the Niners stay put at 61?

1. Josh Chapman
2. Dwaaaaaaaaaayne Allen
3. Vinny Curry
4. Lamar Miller

Don't think Glenn, Worthy or J. Jenkins will be there. I suppose Jenkins might be there based on teams thinking he's destined to be the next Pacman Jones; he'd certainly be temptimg regardless.

Jenkins would be nice if coaches feel comfortable with his antics, Allen and Miller would both be interesting.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was 4th on my big board. ill take it. He is a young Steve Smith who runs very good routes.

good call.

been reading draft stuff and posts for months, don't recall reading "AJ Jenkins"?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we pick way too late in round 2, all these names will be off the board. my guess is we'll be surprised again.