• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Allow Me To Rant

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to JD, they looked at CJ as being a part of the plan but felt that 4 years was the most they could go without adversely affecting the plan 5 years down the road.

That to me just sounds like the 4 years aren't that big a part of the plan. If you are going to let one year undo the other 4, then the 4 aren't that important. I can't come up with a good analogy right now, but I'll work on it :)

Basically if 1 year is more important than the other 4, then CJ wasn't that big of a part of the plan.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now im not to worried about losing cj....but come on people its not this crazy talk of a 5 year plan....they didnt want him,plain and simple...they have a very cheap staff right now and they didnt want cj taking a roster spot and 15 mil a year....thats it not some plan that he only fit into for 4 years

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now im not to worried about losing cj....but come on people its not this crazy talk of a 5 year plan....they didnt want him,plain and simple...they have a very cheap staff right now and they didnt want cj taking a roster spot and 15 mil a year....thats it not some plan that he only fit into for 4 years

The FO has a plan and CJ wasn't a huge part of that plan or they would've offered him a similar contract to LA at least. Apparently they have more confidence in whatever they are cooking up and I have confidence in them. I am planning on seeing Holland absolutely dominate and hopefully by July I'll be saying CJ who?

We'll see how good CJ is when he has to face the Texas offense consistently.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO has a plan and CJ wasn't a huge part of that plan or they would've offered him a similar contract to LA at least. Apparently they have more confidence in whatever they are cooking up and I have confidence in them. I am planning on seeing Holland absolutely dominate and hopefully by July I'll be saying CJ who?

We'll see how good CJ is when he has to face the Texas offense consistently.

Yup, I've said it several times...Dutch passed up CJ last season and had they re-signed CJ I don't think he would have been our ace anyway, just paid like one.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've got no clue as to what their thinking is; however, it would be a shame to lock CJ down to that contract if you believe that Perez, Ramirez, and Feliz all will be as good if not better in a very short time. Not to mention Ogando, Holland and Harrison. Plus CJ doesn't have the velocity he used to have and that is a lot of cash to dole out to a pitcher.

What I am inclined to believe is true is that the Rangers simply did not have the money to pay that contract. I believe they wanted him back and all that jazz but when it came to simple economics and where their roster is they just couldn't pull the trigger. Will it bite them in the butt? Probably, but they still have a dynamic team and are still loaded down with upper echelon prospects which are chiefly pitching prospects. Not a bad position to be in.

Agree ... plus consider that if TEX is working from what is to this point a 4-year plan ... that CJ Wilson as an SP was simply an experiment that worked out and helped bridge until prospects Holland and Harrison were ready to assume a full time role in the rotation. He wasn't the planned #1 ... it just worked out that way.

CJ started out 2010 as #3 behind Feldman and Harden ... so its not like he's been racking up year after year after year of solid work as an SP. He hasn't had that sort of history ... and after a career year in 2011 ... he could very easily slip back to being the CJ we saw most often in the 8th or 9th inning back a couple of years ago ... when he was more often wild than effective.

The TEX rotation even if it is filled out internally has the talent to absorb CJ's wins. That's what the TEX plan called for ... and they knew that $80mil was more than he is worth.