• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Former 49ers OT Anthony Davis, who abruptly retired last June, will apply for reinstatement and wants to play in 2016, per league sources.

Good! it can only help if he gives it a try.

That said, wouldn't depend on him playing at a high level. So you MIGHT lay off signing a free agent OT, but i wouldn't pass on drafting one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said, wouldn't depend on him playing at a high level. So you MIGHT lay off signing a free agent OT, but i wouldn't pass on drafting one.
Even if he sucks he can't be any worse than Pears

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if he sucks he can't be any worse than Pears

Baalke is certainly going to fix RT, with or without Anthony Davis. We don't even have to worry about Pears. Almost want to say Pears and Devey won't even be on the roster this season. But i'd better let free agency and the draft play out first. :-)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against bringing back A. Davis, but to me he's an unknown. Sure, we remember when he was somewhat functional - an obvious improvement from Pears - but he retired at age of 25. He called it quits...tapped out. Now he wants back in...but is he fully on board? You can bet his teammates have those thoughts in the back of their mind. He also took to twitter and called out the Niners and Joe Staley IIRC directly. That can be troubling, since you know.....you took your ball and went home whereas Staley rode out the season. His tweets may have been fact (I can't remember specifically he stated) but it just doesn't look good.

I actually would like to see Trent Brown keep that position

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its all good we got Brown as his back up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Line won't be that bad this year if this happens.

LT- Staley
LG- Tiller or Kilgore
C- Go get Mack
RG-Tiller or Kilgore
RT- AD

Depth: Tackle Brown and Thomas, Draft and FA pick up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap and the 7th pick to the Browns for their 3rd pick and a 4th rd pick.

Goff is their guy. Baalke and Kelly like him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kap and the 7th pick to the Browns for their 3rd pick and a 4th rd pick.

Goff is their guy. Baalke and Kelly like him.

Like the thinking by throwing in Kaep, but if i was the Browns, no way.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LT- Staley
LG- Tiller or Kilgore
C- Go get Mack
RG-Tiller or Kilgore
RT- AD

We could see Brown at tackle and Davis at one of the Guard spots.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

LT- Staley
LG- Tiller or Kilgore
C- Go get Mack
RG-Tiller or Kilgore
RT- AD

Tiller did ok but didn't read anything to the extent he's a solid starter? Already think the first 'name' free agent we sign, will be an OG. But a C is ok too, whether Mack or another player. Kilgore did ok at Center but again, nothing to indicate he's a solid C or OG?

We ALL hope AD comes back strong, but at this time i'm not counting on anything.

I see us signing a free agent OG, targetted to start at LG. He won't be a big name but an older, recent starter. Then we'll draft Ronnie Stanley at #7.

LT- Staley
LG- free agent
C- Kilgore
RG-Tiller
RT- Stanley or AD

If Stanley is the BPA, i would draft him and not worry about AD taking his spot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiller did ok but didn't read anything to the extent he's a solid starter? Already think the first 'name' free agent we sign, will be an OG. But a C is ok too, whether Mack or another player. Kilgore did ok at Center but again, nothing to indicate he's a solid C or OG?

We ALL hope AD comes back strong, but at this time i'm not counting on anything.

I see us signing a free agent OG, targetted to start at LG. He won't be a big name but an older, recent starter. Then we'll draft Ronnie Stanley at #7.

LT- Staley
LG- free agent
C- Kilgore
RG-Tiller
RT- Stanley or AD

If Stanley is the BPA, i would draft him and not worry about AD taking his spot.
No way AD would be a back up. if he comes back it will be to start. I like Tiller. I think he can be a solid starter. Im ok with drafting stanley. I would love to pick up Mack. I think he would help this Oline big time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way AD would be a back up. if he comes back it will be to start. I like Tiller. I think he can be a solid starter. Im ok with drafting stanley. I would love to pick up Mack. I think he would help this Oline big time.

if AD comes back strong and wins the starting job, no problem here. We're all hoping he comes back great, cause these is no downside. But there is no guarantee he comes back and plays at a high level. Maybe he quits again if he isn't the starter?

Again, wouldn't let this possibility deter me from drafting Stanley. If Stanley is the best value at #7, draft him. Things change FAST in the NFL.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Bradford signed a two year agreement in Philly. I am glad cause that would kill the rumors of him coming to SF. I don't want Bradford. Never liked him and I would just assume stick with Gabbert or Kaep before going with Bradford.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LT- Staley
LG- free agent
C- Kilgore
RG-Tiller
RT- Stanley or AD

Trent Brown doesn't figure anywhere?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trent Brown doesn't figure anywhere?

Yes he figures somewhere. You let them all compete and the best player starts. The one who doesn't start will find his role based on his talent. Whether 'quality depth', 'swing tackle', or whatever role we call it, it plays out. That is why they create competition, because then you can't complain if you're beat out. The other reason is of course, quality depth.

But i wouldn't go into the draft thinking Trent Brown is a given, quality starter.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I've read, Trent Brown is in the mix to start at Right Tackle and there is talk of potentially moving Davis to Right Guard.

and if it plays out this way, fine with me.

Going into the season you accumulate as much talent as you can, then let them compete. If you don't bring in enough talent, you get cut short after finding out some don't live up to expectations. Not to mention injuries and looking beyond this season.

So i would draft an OT if best value is there, despite AD and Trent Brown.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if it plays out this way, fine with me.

Going into the season you accumulate as much talent as you can, then let them compete. If you don't bring in enough talent, you get cut short after finding out some don't live up to expectations. Not to mention injuries and looking beyond this season.

So i would draft an OT if best value is there, despite AD and Trent Brown.

And we have a really good oline coach this year which helps