• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...ers-jimmy-garoppolo-far-fetched-says-barrows/

Like the optimism but no, don't see Garapollo being MVP this season. Do see him having a good year but we all know about the IF's?!

As far as Garapollo and MVP, not concerned about him nor the WR's, but the "if" here is the O-line? IF the O-line plays at least NFL Average, he'll have a good year. IF the O-line plays well, then he'll be regarded as of the top QB's.

IMO the O-line will be NFL Average, but not complaining because Lynch couldn't fix everything at once. But i will be dissapointed if Samuel and Hurd doesn't add to the RZ offense?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.************.com/articl...ers-jimmy-garoppolo-far-fetched-says-barrows/

Like the optimism but no, don't see Garapollo being MVP this season. Do see him having a good year but we all know about the IF's?!

As far as Garapollo and MVP, not concerned about him nor the WR's, but the "if" here is the O-line? IF the O-line plays at least NFL Average, he'll have a good year. IF the O-line plays well, then he'll be regarded as of the top QB's.

IMO the O-line will be NFL Average, but not complaining because Lynch couldn't fix everything at once. But i will be dissapointed if Samuel and Hurd doesn't add to the RZ offense?

Considering. The O-Line could have been improved at either of those draft slots yeah it will be very disappointing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
T and G for next year so far..

Yep, if value is available, draft a OT in round 1. Same thing for G and value in round 2.
If no value, then don't force it., wait a round or two, whenever value does arise.

I would think they'll look for a C or OG in free agency? Not necessarily sign a top one, but certainly try to upgrade that route. It is difficult to obtain a top OT in free agency, cost a ton.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if value is available, draft a OT in round 1. Same thing for G and value in round 2.
If no value, then don't force it., wait a round or two, whenever value does arise.

I would think they'll look for a C or OG in free agency? Not necessarily sign a top one, but certainly try to upgrade that route. It is difficult to obtain a top OT in free agency, cost a ton.

No 2nd round pick this year. I think if they can get an OT or OG in the first and then one in the third or fourth it would be a successful draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No 2nd round pick this year. I think if they can get an OT or OG in the first and then one in the third or fourth it would be a successful draft.

Ahhh, how easy to forget.

As long as there's value i'm fine with going O-line Round 1. Hopefully its an LT but a C is fine too. Just don't force O-line cause getting maximum value is more important.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, how easy to forget.

As long as there's value i'm fine with going O-line Round 1. Hopefully its an LT but a C is fine too. Just don't force O-line cause getting maximum value is more important.

I don't disagree with getting value.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ironic that going into the season, our big concern was the interior O-line.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic that going into the season, our big concern was the interior O-line.

Well you can't predict who will get injured. Long term it's still the biggest concern.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well you can't predict who will get injured. Long term it's still the biggest concern.

We all know that.

It is ironic because the two OT's are out, not the three interior guys are 'problem solved'.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers’ Jimmy Garoppolo in rare company when it comes to winning

Ordinarily i'd say this stat is a little overrated, because there's so much more to winning than the QB. Yes the QB is the key player, but you need a lot more too.

However, in the case of JG the team he first joined was VERY bad. So in light of this fact, a big credit to him for winning 5 games despite.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saleh also designs clever four-man rushes.

Saleh doesn’t have to blitz to show ingenuity. Sometimes, he simply puts Buckner at nose tackle and rushes four players.

Making Buckner a nose tackle is bold, because he is the 49ers’ best defender, and nose tackle is not a glamorous position, rarely sacking the quarterback. Saleh plays Buckner at nose tackle, because no center in the league can block him.

Saleh knows the opposing offense automatically must double-team Buckner with a center and guard. Meaning the offense can’t double-team anyone else. Saleh sacrifices his best player to give the rest of his defensive linemen one-on-one matchups. That’s why Buckner ranks fourth on the team in sacks behind Bosa, Ford and Arik Armstead. But he makes their sacks possible.

Ah hah, no wonder Buckner doesn't have more sacks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arik Armstead is a free agent after this season. So are Jimmie Ward and Ronald Blair.

George Kittle and DeForest Buckner are free agents after the 2020 season. Gulp.

Joining Kittle and Buckner after the 2020 season are Solomon Thomas, Jacquiski Tartt and D.J. Jones.

The good news is, the 49ers are currently $13 million under the salary cap. Paraag Marathe has seemingly done a nice job managing an ability to stay away from gargantuan contracts that devour the future, as I was just saying to my good friends, Bobby Evans and Larry Baer.

And already, the ace web site Spotrac has identified players around the NFL who can be cut for salary cap savings in the upcoming off-season, citing players like Jerick McKinnon, Marquise Goodwin and Robbie Gould to save over $9 million on the cap.

So there are ways to keep good players. Ideally, you’d like to keep Kittle, Buckner and Armstead, at the minimum. Finding ways to keep players like Jones, Ward and Blair would be amazing.

Armstead is clearly having a good season, and Ward is now showing himself a solid player. No wonder they kept both despite being injured more than healthy. Would be good to re-sign Armstead but doubt it happens. Same with Ward, would be nice but don't think it happens.

Do TRY to extend Buckner, Kittle, Tartt, and DJ Jones first.

Unfortunate for McKinnon, Goodwin, and Thomas, but you can't keep everybody. I'd rather keep Armstead if it means these guys have to go. Not so sure on Gould but if our current kicker keeps it up...................

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arik Armstead is a free agent after this season. So are Jimmie Ward and Ronald Blair.

George Kittle and DeForest Buckner are free agents after the 2020 season. Gulp.

Joining Kittle and Buckner after the 2020 season are Solomon Thomas, Jacquiski Tartt and D.J. Jones.

The good news is, the 49ers are currently $13 million under the salary cap. Paraag Marathe has seemingly done a nice job managing an ability to stay away from gargantuan contracts that devour the future, as I was just saying to my good friends, Bobby Evans and Larry Baer.

And already, the ace web site Spotrac has identified players around the NFL who can be cut for salary cap savings in the upcoming off-season, citing players like Jerick McKinnon, Marquise Goodwin and Robbie Gould to save over $9 million on the cap.

So there are ways to keep good players. Ideally, you’d like to keep Kittle, Buckner and Armstead, at the minimum. Finding ways to keep players like Jones, Ward and Blair would be amazing.

Armstead is clearly having a good season, and Ward is now showing himself a solid player. No wonder they kept both despite being injured more than healthy. Would be good to re-sign Armstead but doubt it happens. Same with Ward, would be nice but don't think it happens.

Do TRY to extend Buckner, Kittle, Tartt, and DJ Jones first.

Unfortunate for McKinnon, Goodwin, and Thomas, but you can't keep everybody. I'd rather keep Armstead if it means these guys have to go. Not so sure on Gould but if our current kicker keeps it up...................

I can't forgive him for missing that kick against Seattle. Ward might be easier to keep with the free agent market on safeties being so slow the past few offseasons.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 NFL Mock Draft: Cowboys pick up a cornerback, Tua heads to Tampa and more Thanksgiving treats
ound 1 - Pick 32
SF.svg

Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE
PENN STATE • JR • 6'5" / 264 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
San Francisco
PROSPECT RNK
19th
POSITION RNK
3rd

The defensive line has been so dominant that fans actually forget their linebacker group is not very good with Kwon Alexander injured. Gross-Matos can provide some athleticism and versatility on the edge.

Discuss.
I'll get it started. WTF?