• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read on other sites that he doesn't like Bosa...or that he prefers other players to him....whatever. He's just trying to spin his logic to basically convince himself that his argument is sound. I can guarantee that say....SF did pass on Bosa, and he tore it up with some other team, good ole Cohn would come back and say Lynch failed because he didn't take him.

That's Cohn. That's how he operates.

Yup he brought up not taking Patrick Mahomes

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup he brought up not taking Patrick Mahomes

Of course he did. Question is....did he bang the table for him during that draft?

Oh, and I found his little quote about Bosa....said he'd be a second round pick if it wasn't for his last name. A click-bait artist if there ever was one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously dissapointing to read the below, especially Richburg who was a FA. You're not supposed to miss badly on FA's. They extended Tomlinson which now makes me wonder? Was most of this 'righted' towards the end of last season? I recall the line wasn't good early on?

23. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

2018 pass-blocking efficiency: 83.6

Impressive performances from tackles Mike McGlinchey and Joe Staley did a great job of masking the underwhelming play of the interior. Mike Person and Laken Tomlinson combined to allow as many pressures (65) as their tackle duo did, while center Weston Richburg gave up the third-most pressures of any center in the league (33). The Niners ended the year having allowed 175 pressures from their 593 pass-blocking snaps while allowing the league’s third-most quarterback hits.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richburg hurt his knee early in the season, but played through it. I'll wait and judge him after another season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...s-make-way-too-early-2019-record-predictions/

about 8-8 seems reasonable to me. we'll all be thinking more wins by September, but right now 8-8 seems reasonable.

sometimes a season goes your way like in 2011 (little injuries to key players), and sometimes it doesn't like 2018 (injuries to key player, tons of injuries).

for me i think our offense will be fine no matter which WR we draft. granted JG didn't light it up first two games last season, and the O-line wasn't solid all year. But generally, don't see why our offense can't do better than what they did last season, even with Mullens.

so the key will be our Defense, we'll go as far as they go.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
4 remaining concerns about 49ers after NFL draft

Tackling and communication most definitely. Interior offensive line most definitely.

Health is one of those things you can't just address. We know it will happen but to what degree, minor or season ending, or something between? To what position group we don't know, but seems to me CB/Safeties get hurt more often than WR's? The Secondary will be helped by the improved pass rush, it can't help but get better.

They can only address so much in one draft, and they covered the two most pressing needs............pass rush and RZ offense. We fans never give enough credit to Punters, but Special Teams is important cause mistakes are momentum changing, game changing plays.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 remaining concerns about 49ers after NFL draft

Tackling and communication most definitely. Interior offensive line most definitely.

Health is one of those things you can't just address. We know it will happen but to what degree, minor or season ending, or something between? To what position group we don't know, but seems to me CB/Safeties get hurt more often than WR's? The Secondary will be helped by the improved pass rush, it can't help but get better.

They can only address so much in one draft, and they covered the two most pressing needs............pass rush and RZ offense. We fans never give enough credit to Punters, but Special Teams is important cause mistakes are momentum changing, game changing plays.

I don't mind drafting the top punter in the draft. The issue is a punter at the 10th pick in the 4th round is poor value.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't mind drafting the top punter in the draft. The issue is a punter at the 10th pick in the 4th round is poor value.

Ok, so what would've been ok value for you? At what point do you draft Wishnowski and feel it was worth it?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well later in the 4th or the 5th round

Not disagreeing that would've been a better time, but saying 'easier said than done'. We can't just trade down whenever we want to.

Unless there was a quality prospect still on the board at the 10th pick of Round 4, why would another team trade up? We needed another team to trade up, else how do you get to later Round 4?

If we wait till Round 5, i believe New England would've drafted Wishnowski. Then we go into the season with a Free Agent Punter. We might as well secure a top Punter for the next 10 years.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing that would've been a better time, but saying 'easier said than done'. We can't just trade down whenever we want to.

Unless there was a quality prospect still on the board at the 10th pick of Round 4, why would another team trade up? We needed another team to trade up, else how do you get to later Round 4?

If we wait till Round 5, i believe New England would've drafted Wishnowski. Then we go into the season with a Free Agent Punter. We might as well secure a top Punter for the next 10 years.

Yes they did but the 49ers were picking at 10 the Pats took him at 25. Several safeties were available at 10 or at the 49ers initial pick as well as several solid interior Linemen in the 4th and 5th rounds.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes they did but the 49ers were picking at 10 the Pats took him at 25. Several safeties were available at 10 or at the 49ers initial pick as well as several solid interior Linemen in the 4th and 5th rounds.

Ok, so the primary issue is by-passing other positions, not poor value on Wishnowski.

Anyway, i agree the 10th pick of Round 4 was too high on Wishnowski. Also agree there were still decent talent at other positions. But after reading more on Wishnowski, i'm not as bummed out over it now. A top Punter is huge and we didn't have one yet. Look at it as adding a quality starter who not only punts well, but can add kick-offs, threat of fake, and actually aid in coverage.

As long as he pans out to his draft slot.

If anything, i now think the poor value applies to Hurd more than Wishnowski? Hurd does have qualities and will help, but he was taken more than full round earlier. At that point of the draft, there were still potential starters on the board.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so the primary issue is by-passing other positions, not poor value on Wishnowski.

Anyway, i agree the 10th pick of Round 4 was too high on Wishnowski. Also agree there were still decent talent at other positions. But after reading more on Wishnowski, i'm not as bummed out over it now. A top Punter is huge and we didn't have one yet. Look at it as adding a quality starter who not only punts well, but can add kick-offs, threat of fake, and actually aid in coverage.

As long as he pans out to his draft slot.

If anything, i now think the poor value applies to Hurd more than Wishnowski? Hurd does have qualities and will help, but he was taken more than full round earlier. At that point of the draft, there were still potential starters on the board.

Poor value on both I would say.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/201...***********&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

My way too early prediction is we draft OT if there is one worth our pick?