• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's exactly the same show I saw with Vince McMahon and his crew back in 1976.

Same shit, different year.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really setting it up for a letdown if its not an absolute top tier guy. The phrasing he used lends itself only to people Cena, Lesnar, Punk, Angle, Okada, etc.

You wouldn't use that language for like RVD or Mick Foley (who while he is a big name, he can't do anything anymore and wouldn't warrant that kind of talk). The way he's talking, you're building fans up to thinking its a big name that will be in the ring

What about Aldis?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could possibly be CM Punk or Brock Lesnar.

if it’s not one of them, it’s going to be a let down

unless it’s a Japanese superstar.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it’s not one of them, it’s going to be a let down

unless it’s a Japanese superstar.
If it’s someone from Japan, it won’t be New Japan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny....

It kinda seems like a better version of TNA but I can see the comparison.

If they work on their young talent then they can break fee

Im still trying to figure out what AEW is. I have buddies who love it, but I don’t see it yet.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still trying to figure out what AEW is. I have buddies who love it, but I don’t see it yet.

I adore it.

it lets me down far less than wwe does, which probably plays a huge part in it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the top of the card can actually wrestle, unlike trash like Becky Lynch

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I adore it.

it lets me down far less than wwe does, which probably plays a huge part in it.

WWE ppvs are usually very good. I find the weekly shows to be like AEW - pretty much unwatchable.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE ppvs are usually very good. I find the weekly shows to be like AEW - pretty much unwatchable.

I like it. It’s different.

but yes wwe ppvs are usually pretty good now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. It’s different.

but yes wwe ppvs are usually pretty good now.

Its definitely different. My biggest issue w AEW is that they operate too much like TNA in that it seems like the AEW wrestlers are always talking about WWE. Maybe the problem is me - maybe I read too much away from the tv shows - but when I do it’s always JR, Kenny Omega, FTR, Moxley, Cody, Jake or someone talking about how WWE held them back yadda yadda yadda. I hate it. I tried reading about this exploding barbed wire match and the whole article was Moxley talking about how WWE never gave him “creative freedom” by not letting him do old CZW hardcore matches. That kind of stuff doesn’t sell me. Dont tell me why you think your top competition sucks. Tell me why you’re good.

AEW also reminds me a lot of your average modern day TV series (like Walking Dead) where the second the show is over - they get in front of some microphone and talk about everything they just did. These guys love talking about who writes what or who booked which segment etc..they spend 10 minutes a week in character then the rest of the week out of character talking about their character. WWE does this too. Takes all the fun out of it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its definitely different. My biggest issue w AEW is that they operate too much like TNA in that it seems like the AEW wrestlers are always talking about WWE. Maybe the problem is me - maybe I read too much away from the tv shows - but when I do it’s always JR, Kenny Omega, FTR, Moxley, Cody, Jake or someone talking about how WWE held them back yadda yadda yadda. I hate it. I tried reading about this exploding barbed wire match and the whole article was Moxley talking about how WWE never gave him “creative freedom” by not letting him do old CZW hardcore matches. That kind of stuff doesn’t sell me. Dont tell me why you think your top competition sucks. Tell me why you’re good.

AEW also reminds me a lot of your average modern day TV series (like Walking Dead) where the second the show is over - they get in front of some microphone and talk about everything they just did. These guys love talking about who writes what or who booked which segment etc..they spend 10 minutes a week in character then the rest of the week out of character talking about their character. WWE does this too. Takes all the fun out of it.

I totally agree on kayfabe.

it’s hard when you see them doing other stuff.

MJF stays in character seemingly all the time and it’s great.

totally agree on taking clear shots at wwe. Don’t care about the subtle ones so much.

I love their tag team division.

I think heel omega hasn’t been as big of a win as I expected. Everyone said “the cleaner” was AEW’s secret weapon. I think it’s been a bit of a miss on that front. But him and mox still put gold content out and will likely do it again on Sunday.

the 9 month story of the elite vs the inner circle was well done, hangman’s multi year arc to find himself is incredible. I think him losing dirty this weekend might be a good thing for him, he’s been drunk and down. Imagine adding broke to that mix.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18F54A32-3901-4EB8-A85F-63C691751DB0.png
This is literally suicide...