• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is 99% trash

I blame Stephanie McMahon and her silly “women’s revolution”. I don’t think the “rise” in women’s wrestling and the ratings plummet are a coincidence. Women in sports just isn’t what most people want to see. The WNBA proves that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Stephanie McMahon and her silly “women’s revolution”. I don’t think the “rise” in women’s wrestling and the ratings plummet are a coincidence. Women in sports just isn’t what most people want to see. The WNBA proves that.

yup. Especially trying to make it the same the as the men.

especially when riccochet, Murphy and aleister black sit in the back for her women’s revolution bs

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. Especially trying to make it the same the as the men.

especially when riccochet, Murphy and aleister black sit in the back for her women’s revolution bs

Ya, watching Becky Lynch cosplay as Stone Cold and beat up men doesn’t do it for me or seemingly much anyone else. No wonder the ratings went in the toilet around that time.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, watching Becky Lynch cosplay as Stone Cold and beat up men doesn’t do it for me or seemingly much anyone else. No wonder the ratings went in the toilet around that time.

def not a coincidence.

also wm35 was awful besides kofi.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE ppvs are usually very good. I find the weekly shows to be like AEW - pretty much unwatchable.
I feel like part of that is because in my opinion, AEW has slowly started incorporating more sports entertainment aspects into their product the past few months or so.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like part of that is because in my opinion, AEW has slowly started incorporating more sports entertainment aspects into their product the past few months or so.

With WWE there’s just way too much stop and go. The flow of the show is horrible. Half the time they waste on segments building the matches. Like, you have all week to book the matches? Why are guys booking their own matches in the ring? Also WAY too many women wrestlers. AEW has that problem too. Too many women wrestlers. I get it, Kenny Omega loves Japanese women’s wrestling. Most of planet earth doesn’t. What is Cody? A face or a heel? How many people does he need at ringside? I always have too many questions trying to watch AEW. It’s almost like Jerry Lawler booking himself in Memphis when I watch Cody. I could go on. AEW often comes off like an inside joke and I’m not in on it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With WWE there’s just way too much stop and go. The flow of the show is horrible. Half the time they waste on segments building the matches. Like, you have all week to book the matches? Why are guys booking their own matches in the ring? Also WAY too many women wrestlers. AEW has that problem too. Too many women wrestlers. I get it, Kenny Omega loves Japanese women’s wrestling. Most of planet earth doesn’t. What is Cody? A face or a heel? How many people does he need at ringside? I always have too many questions trying to watch AEW. It’s almost like Jerry Lawler booking himself in Memphis when I watch Cody. I could go on. AEW often comes off like an inside joke and I’m not in on it.

I disagree on Cody.

he has booked himself out of the world title picture and did a lot of work as the tnt champ to get a lot of guys over without having to make Cody look weak either

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just a question for AEW fans in the thread. Who's your ideal pick as the mystery reveal? I go with Cena. I feel like that would be the modern equivalent of Hogan jumping ship to WCW in the mid 90s. In terms of cable ratings I think it'd turn Dynamite from the number 2 show to 1a. with Raw literally overnight. It'd bring in lapsed fans, curious fans from WWE, and the casual fans of AEW that fluctuate the rating from week to week would all watch if Cena shows up. It's low probability but AEWs connections to warner media and Cena's Hollywood ambitions put it at a 2 to 3 percent chance.
Undertakers a huge crossover star associated only with WWE for over 30 years. He'd be next on my list. Then Brock due to mainstream appeal. Then Punk or Batista. Then Angle or a New Japan star.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a question for AEW fans in the thread. Who's your ideal pick as the mystery reveal? I go with Cena. I feel like that would be the modern equivalent of Hogan jumping ship to WCW in the mid 90s. In terms of cable ratings I think it'd turn Dynamite from the number 2 show to 1a. with Raw literally overnight. It'd bring in lapsed fans, curious fans from WWE, and the casual fans of AEW that fluctuate the rating from week to week would all watch if Cena shows up. It's low probability but AEWs connections to warner media and Cena's Hollywood ambitions put it at a 2 to 3 percent chance.
Undertakers a huge crossover star associated only with WWE for over 30 years. He'd be next on my list. Then Brock due to mainstream appeal. Then Punk or Batista. Then Angle or a New Japan star.
My guess is Lesnar, Punk or Angle. Cena I think is filming something up in Vancouver and is too loyal to Vince to go somewhere else. Same goes with Batista. Highly doubt that there’s any chance that it’s anyone big from New Japan, especially since they just had a show that ended a few hours ago.
Lower level people but still have name value I’d say Tessa Blanchard or Marty Scurll. Shida has pretty much gone through everyone in the woman’s division and Tessa would be someone new and different. Marty because I’m assuming he’s friends with the Elite guys still but still doubt there’s a high chance with it being him since there’s still some stink on him after last summer.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that the flow of the show sometimes is all over the place. To be fair though, I can deal with people booking their own matches over the extremely overdone GM stuff. With their women’s wrestling, they do have a ton of women and all but one or two appearing are what I’d say are good in the ring and enjoyable to watch (Deeb and Thunder Rosa, even though she’s not technically under AEW contract). I’d say Cody is a face. There’s other people that I wonder when exactly did they turn face (Death Triangle and Lance Archer) other than they were more likable than Eddie Kingston.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that the flow of the show sometimes is all over the place. To be fair though, I can deal with people booking their own matches over the extremely overdone GM stuff. With their women’s wrestling, they do have a ton of women and all but one or two appearing are what I’d say are good in the ring and enjoyable to watch (Deeb and Thunder Rosa, even though she’s not technically under AEW contract). I’d say Cody is a face. There’s other people that I wonder when exactly did they turn face (Death Triangle and Lance Archer) other than they were more likable than Eddie Kingston.

that’s basically it fir your bottom point.

I’m digging leyla Hirsch but she should be booked like a female angle.

also loving tay conti and the queen slayer.

but I’m not a huge fan of worms. Wrestling. I’d much rather watch men than women. Same with wwe.

no one ok the roster can do a match as well just putting black riccochet and Murphy on screen to kill each other. Yet they’re all stuck in catering.

yeah aew needs to work on flow and intros/debuts. They assume everyone is a hard core fan who follows all the smaller Indy wrestling spots and Japan.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Lesnar, Punk or Angle. Cena I think is filming something up in Vancouver and is too loyal to Vince to go somewhere else. Same goes with Batista. Highly doubt that there’s any chance that it’s anyone big from New Japan, especially since they just had a show that ended a few hours ago.
Lower level people but still have name value I’d say Tessa Blanchard or Marty Scurll. Shida has pretty much gone through everyone in the woman’s division and Tessa would be someone new and different. Marty because I’m assuming he’s friends with the Elite guys still but still doubt there’s a high chance with it being him since there’s still some stink on him after last summer.

I hope it’s punk or lesnar but I think it’s Christian. As a loop hole.

I think cena is stuck in Canada and can’t quarantine enough to do revolution or wrestlemania

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn’t shock me if Aldis was the big surprise and became the 4th member of the horsemen

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We can eliminate Tessa as Khan said in a recent interview its a male star. Scurll would make more sense as the mystery participant in the ladder match imo. They brought Big Show on Dynamite to announce a hook/mystery for the PPV so I feel like the mystery person has be a bigger star than him at the very least (and BS is a former WCW/WWE main event world champion for periods in his carrer)

I also think the Big Show reveal might be a red herring (Christian/Scurrl) then the PPV ends with a much bigger one.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that’s basically it fir your bottom point.

I’m digging leyla Hirsch but she should be booked like a female angle.

also loving tay conti and the queen slayer.

but I’m not a huge fan of worms. Wrestling. I’d much rather watch men than women. Same with wwe.

no one ok the roster can do a match as well just putting black riccochet and Murphy on screen to kill each other. Yet they’re all stuck in catering.

yeah aew needs to work on flow and intros/debuts. They assume everyone is a hard core fan who follows all the smaller Indy wrestling spots and Japan.
Hirsch shouldn't be booked like Angle, she should be booked more like ECW Taz. Where she's never the biggest dog in the fight but she's the toughest and strongest.
A problem with the vast majority of their women's roster is lack of experience and with the lack of indy's right now, it's hard for them to improve at a good rate.
As for Ricochet and Black, I feel like either Vince has forgotten about them or he's just keeping them on the payroll so they can't go to AEW.
I hope it’s punk or lesnar but I think it’s Christian. As a loop hole.

I think cena is stuck in Canada and can’t quarantine enough to do revolution or wrestlemania
I don't mind Christian but I think he'd be a letdown and not really move the needle a whole lot. Punk or Lesnar would probably get some people curious I believe. Yeah, with Cena doing that Suicide Squad show up in Vancouver and with him being loyal to Vince, I don't think he'd have the time to do a one off appearance and then disappear for a while.
It wouldn’t shock me if Aldis was the big surprise and became the 4th member of the horsemen
Agreed. I think he'd be a real good fit for that group.
We can eliminate Tessa as Khan said in a recent interview its a male star. Scurll would make more sense as the mystery participant in the ladder match imo. They brought Big Show on Dynamite to announce a hook/mystery for the PPV so I feel like the mystery person has be a bigger star than him at the very least (and BS is a former WCW/WWE main event world champion for periods in his carrer)

I also think the Big Show reveal might be a red herring (Christian/Scurrl) then the PPV ends with a much bigger one.
Scurll would be good for this audience since I feel like a lot of them already know who he is from the Bullet Club days. But would the other wrestlers accept him there is the question since when he was at a New Japan Strong taping not long ago, some of the talent wanted nothing to do with him after what came out about him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hirsch shouldn't be booked like Angle, she should be booked more like ECW Taz. Where she's never the biggest dog in the fight but she's the toughest and strongest.
A problem with the vast majority of their women's roster is lack of experience and with the lack of indy's right now, it's hard for them to improve at a good rate.
As for Ricochet and Black, I feel like either Vince has forgotten about them or he's just keeping them on the payroll so they can't go to AEW.

I don't mind Christian but I think he'd be a letdown and not really move the needle a whole lot. Punk or Lesnar would probably get some people curious I believe. Yeah, with Cena doing that Suicide Squad show up in Vancouver and with him being loyal to Vince, I don't think he'd have the time to do a one off appearance and then disappear for a while.

Agreed. I think he'd be a real good fit for that group.

Scurll would be good for this audience since I feel like a lot of them already know who he is from the Bullet Club days. But would the other wrestlers accept him there is the question since when he was at a New Japan Strong taping not long ago, some of the talent wanted nothing to do with him after what came out about him.

I agree that Christian would be a bit of a let down.

why couldn’t a guy do the aew and Japan route like moxley has in his deal?

that’s why I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk not Japan

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Christian would be a bit of a let down.

why couldn’t a guy do the aew and Japan route like moxley has in his deal?

that’s why I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk not Japan
Because they have the New Japan Cup going on for the next few weeks. They usually have their cards planned out well in advance. I don’t see someone that was on the show which finished around say 6:00 or 7:00 am this morning eastern time and flying all the way to Jacksonville for a one off appearance and then flying back. They probably wouldn’t even make it to the show on time.