• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was the first AEW show that I've watched that I said "I wish I hadn't watched this". Every promotion has their bad shows, WWE has had a PLETHORA of them recently. But last night wasn't very good. Hardy/Sammy was really good, Cassidy/Jericho was pretty good, but everything else was either meh or bad. Tooth and Nail match was bad, the battle royal was very anti-climactic, not to mention the Sydal incident, the 8-man tag match could've been much better. Just an off show, IMO. With that said, it was still better than most of the WWE PPVs this year.

yeah, you can’t bat 1000 but that’s a bigger issue when you have 4 extremely pricey shows.

wwe gives itself a chance with more shows.

the downside is more stories need to be told or created or expanded for 12-15 ppvs

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is hard to watch. Probably one of those ones where it looked good on paper and trial but a simple miscue on real live TV.

No one to blame. I credit Sammy actually because of my Vantage point looked to use his arms to "cushion the blow" for Hardy.

However, as I learned as a teenager, rarely does it work out as planned.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is hard to watch. Probably one of those ones where it looked good on paper and trial but a simple miscue on real live TV.

No one to blame. I credit Sammy actually because of my Vantage point looked to use his arms to "cushion the blow" for Hardy.

I have egg on my face as I assumed the bump was pre-taped and a work to bring back the Broken Matt character. Thought they actually landed on a cushioned padding and then spliced that footage with them hitting the floor from a much safer fall.

I have no clue how they let a match continue if a wrestler was knocked out cold and was losing his balance. Really terrible and bizzare descion by AEW. They're lucky he didn't fall from the scaffolding on the next spot.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just watched it a little while ago. It looked like the table was too close and should’ve been moved back just a few inches or so more. I don’t blame Sammy. I also feel like it should’ve been a no contest and they could’ve finished it on Dynamite.
I have egg on my face as I assumed the bump was pre-taped and a work to bring back the Broken Matt character. Thought they actually landed on a cushioned padding and then spliced that footage with them hitting the floor from a much safer fall.

I have no clue how they let a match continue if a wrestler was knocked out cold and was losing his balance. Really terrible and bizzare descion by AEW. They're lucky he didn't fall from the scaffolding on the next spot.
It looked like after the match he was having trouble getting down from there, like he was a bit wobbly. He might’ve been cleared (really don’t know how they could’ve that quickly after the spot when it looked like he was out cold) but I don’t they still shouldn’t have taken the chance and just stopped the match right there.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just watched it a little while ago. It looked like the table was too close and should’ve been moved back just a few inches or so more. I don’t blame Sammy. I also feel like it should’ve been a no contest and they could’ve finished it on Dynamite.

It looked like after the match he was having trouble getting down from there, like he was a bit wobbly. He might’ve been cleared (really don’t know how they could’ve that quickly after the spot when it looked like he was out cold) but I don’t they still shouldn’t have taken the chance and just stopped the match right there.

I agree. They shouldn't have finished the match. I half blame Audrey Edwards because she made the wrong gut decision but it is half dozen in one. Half dozen in othef

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They shouldn't have finished the match. I half blame Audrey Edwards because she made the wrong gut decision but it is half dozen in one. Half dozen in othef
I don’t really blame Aubrey as much as I would Tony Kahn or the doctor. They should’ve made that decision and relayed it to Aubrey. I do feel like she was put into a position she shouldn’t have been in.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Different story from what Hardy’s wife was saying a few hours ago but of course she may be more biased;

Hardy's wife Rebecca provided the following update on Hardy via her Twitter account - "They needed additional imaging done after his CT. He’s still in the hospital. 1000% concussion. Anyone with eyes could have told you that tho."

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Different story from what Hardy’s wife was saying a few hours ago but of course she may be more biased;

Hardy's wife Rebecca provided the following update on Hardy via her Twitter account - "They needed additional imaging done after his CT. He’s still in the hospital. 1000% concussion. Anyone with eyes could have told you that tho."

Looking forward to hearing Matts promo on Wednesday to get to the bottom of this :noidea:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m curious as to why she set her Twitter profile to private shortly after that tweet.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of left himself a little wiggle saying he “didn’t have” instead of “didn’t get, doesn’t have” etc. I am no medical professional but if he didn’t get a concussion from that then he shouldn’t be cleared to wrestle because he has some neurological disorder that was triggered after that bump.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of left himself a little wiggle saying he “didn’t have” instead of “didn’t get, doesn’t have” etc. I am no medical professional but if he didn’t get a concussion from that then he shouldn’t be cleared to wrestle because he has some neurological disorder that was triggered after that bump.

There's been some fighters that's been KO'd and such that didn't have a concussion. I think its rare but it does happen. And sometimes football players will just get hit and have their inner ear equilibrium messed up for a bit and it clears up, no concussion.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really blame Aubrey as much as I would Tony Kahn or the doctor. They should’ve made that decision and relayed it to Aubrey. I do feel like she was put into a position she shouldn’t have been in.

Sonny Warbucks only cares about his money. Nothing else.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoiler tag in case someone hasn't watched Dynamite yet

I don't care how it happened. It happened.

MIRO IS ALL ELITE!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the end of the Sammy-Hardy feud? If that was supposed to elevate him, I just don’t see how it worked at all.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Spoiler tag in case someone hasn't watched Dynamite yet

I don't care how it happened. It happened.

MIRO IS ALL ELITE!

Thought the segment itself was a little underwhelming and needed a real crowd for it to make sense but still excited for where it goes from here.