• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt Baker vs Big Swole got bumped up to the main card.

Looks like Peter Avalon vs Brendan Cutler is now on the Buy In. Both men are trying to get their first win. Watch end in a time limit draw

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt Baker vs Big Swole got bumped up to the main card.

Looks like Peter Avalon vs Brendan Cutler is now on the Buy In. Both men are trying to get their first win. Watch end in a time limit draw
I was figuring that they do something and both of their arms get draped over the other and the ref counts the pin and awards both of them the match.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miro (Rusev) says no Twitch stream tonight. Possible conflict with another certain event going on tonight? Miro is also a giant troll on social media too. Take your pick

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miro (Rusev) says no Twitch stream tonight. Possible conflict with another certain event going on tonight? Miro is also a giant troll on social media too. Take your pick

fingers crossed.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be a dig at WWE maybe?

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First ppv I've watched since Full Gear. Meh....too many botches. Half this roster isn't ready for prime time

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hardy got knocked the fuck out. That match ended way earlier than planned

My guess is that part was taped beforehand. That bump never happened. With Hardys career on the line (which I thought was a bizzare stipulation earlier in the week) it created all sorts of confusion as to whether Hardy's career would end on a botch. Was he really hurt? If it was a work and now they take that and organically recreate the Broken character it was incredible. So much drama. Now a new Broken Matt. I loved it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following along on SI.

that dark order ending was horseshit

colt cabana blows anyway

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that part was taped beforehand. That bump never happened. With Hardys career on the line (which I thought was a bizzare stipulation earlier in the week) it created all sorts of confusion as to whether Hardy's career would end on a botch. Was he really hurt? If it was a work and now they take that and organically recreate the Broken character it was incredible. So much drama. Now a new Broken Matt. I loved it.

From PWI:

Matt Hardy has been taken to a local hospital after getting hurt taking a spear off an elevated platform through a table during AEW All Out, a spot that saw Sammy Guevara and Hardy overshoot the table and Hardy slam down hard on the concrete with Guevara landing atop of him. We are told it's a precautionary measure to have him checked out and possibly get an MRI to evaluate any possible injury.

Hardy was obviously out on his feet, leading to the bout to be stopped temporarily before resuming and going right to the scheduled finish.

AEW stated during the FTR vs. Adam Page and Kenny Omega match that the bout continued as Hardy was cleared by AEW's head of medical, Dr. Doc Sampson.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From PWI:

Matt Hardy has been taken to a local hospital after getting hurt taking a spear off an elevated platform through a table during AEW All Out, a spot that saw Sammy Guevara and Hardy overshoot the table and Hardy slam down hard on the concrete with Guevara landing atop of him. We are told it's a precautionary measure to have him checked out and possibly get an MRI to evaluate any possible injury.

Hardy was obviously out on his feet, leading to the bout to be stopped temporarily before resuming and going right to the scheduled finish.

AEW stated during the FTR vs. Adam Page and Kenny Omega match that the bout continued as Hardy was cleared by AEW's head of medical, Dr. Doc Sampson.

There were 3 camera cuts on 10 foot fall and it wasn't in front of a crowd so I assumed it was an angle.

If they allowed a severly concussed wrestler to continue a match that was a terrible decision

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 3 camera cuts on 10 foot fall and it wasn't in front of a crowd so I assumed it was an angle.

If they allowed a severly concussed wrestler to continue a match that was a terrible decision

I’m guessing it’s real as Reby was not happy. Could still be a work or they didn’t fill her in all the way as she likely only reacts when it’s legit.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily AEW's worst PPV. Granted their other shows have been great so its a high bar but still. It wasn't overly bad but more just a big old bag of "meh".

LOL at that Matt Sydal botch though.

And yeah, Hardy was fucked up. They shouldn't have continued that match. He was punch drunk, stumbling around and almost pulled Sammy's tights down not knowing what he's doing

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might watch some of this tomorrow. Didn't seem like one of their better shows looking at the results. Mainly, I want to see what happened in the Hardy/Guevara match.
Agreed. The wrestler is always going to say he's okay (along with most athletes I'd assume) to continue the match. It's up to the doctor to tell the wrestler that no, you're not okay, it needs to be stopped.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily AEW's worst PPV. Granted their other shows have been great so its a high bar but still. It wasn't overly bad but more just a big old bag of "meh".

LOL at that Matt Sydal botch though.

And yeah, Hardy was fucked up. They shouldn't have continued that match. He was punch drunk, stumbling around and almost pulled Sammy's tights down not knowing what he's doing

really weak breakup for page and omega. For such a build up that was kind of a let down

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First AEW ppv I've watched since Full Gear. Pretty much trash until the last 4 matches. I'm seeing the same things I was seeing back then. A bunch of high spot guys doing basically the same stuff then the top of the card delivering good solid matches with storytelling. So in other words the guys who have been on the big stage before know what they're doing and the others have no clue yet

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First AEW ppv I've watched since Full Gear. Pretty much trash until the last 4 matches. I'm seeing the same things I was seeing back then. A bunch of high spot guys doing basically the same stuff then the top of the card delivering good solid matches with storytelling. So in other words the guys who have been on the big stage before know what they're doing and the others have no clue yet

yeah some of them need to learn or need a partner who can lead.

even the bucks can get too spot heavy. But working with page and omega they told a great story.

but the young ones gotta learn.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was the first AEW show that I've watched that I said "I wish I hadn't watched this". Every promotion has their bad shows, WWE has had a PLETHORA of them recently. But last night wasn't very good. Hardy/Sammy was really good, Cassidy/Jericho was pretty good, but everything else was either meh or bad. Tooth and Nail match was bad, the battle royal was very anti-climactic, not to mention the Sydal incident, the 8-man tag match could've been much better. Just an off show, IMO. With that said, it was still better than most of the WWE PPVs this year.