• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That’s how you book a guy like Brodie lee.

Jesus.

that was violent

Hell yeah! AEW now has a monster heel who works as well as anyone in wrestling at that size. That was needed on the roster and the angle was executed to perfection. Props to the nightmare family who played their role perfectly too.

This is where I'll get tinfoil-ish but it makes you wonder if the whole shitty original belt thing was a ruse and they had Cody carrying around an imitation belt for months as a part of the story where he would get destroyed when a real belt was unveiled.

The way he was squashed plus the way his physical belt was a counterfeit is perfect. AEW has a monster heel and Cody is chasing. A plus work be AEW.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s how you book a guy like Brodie lee.

Jesus.

that was violent
I was not expecting that at all but putting the belt on Brodie is something I have no problem with at all.

Other than that, it was a fine show. I had a feeling that Matt was going to make Sammy bleed and eventually turn it into a first blood match at All Out. I've heard good things about Thunder Rosa, so I'm interested in watching that match between her and Shida. Curious to see where this thing with Kingston, Lucha Bros and Butcher and Blade goes. I wouldn't be surprised if they just dumped Death Triangle for the time being and did this faction instead since there's no timetable for PAC's return.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the radar moment from tonight's show; at the end of the FTR/Hangman segment, Tully ended the segment by saying "Fear The Revelation"

You know what's in Revelation? The Four Horsemen.

It's happening, people!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention a couple of things:
First, I think that they did a better job of letting the audience know that they will be on Thursday this upcoming week.
Second, glad to see that they didn’t forget about Kenny going into Cleaner mode. Just wondering who it’ll be that he snaps on when he fully goes into that mode.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention a couple of things:
First, I think that they did a better job of letting the audience know that they will be on Thursday this upcoming week.
Second, glad to see that they didn’t forget about Kenny going into Cleaner mode. Just wondering who it’ll be that he snaps on when he fully goes into that mode.

they’re teasing hangman’s heel turn too.

but idk.

I Like to think you’d see hangman/cleaner if that happens to omega

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they’re teasing hangman’s heel turn too.

but idk.

I Like to think you’d see hangman/cleaner if that happens to omega
Yeah, if Hangman turns on him and sides with FTR, that could be the final thing that sends Kenny over the edge.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Hangman turns on him and sides with FTR, that could be the final thing that sends Kenny over the edge.

but then it’s...heel vs heel.

that’s less fun. But it works if it’s a more ambiguous heel like balor or the fiend are.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but then it’s...heel vs heel.

that’s less fun. But it works if it’s a more ambiguous heel like balor or the fiend are.
I feel like Kenny would be more of the anti hero type character in that case.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ending caught me by surprise.

Wasn't expecting the beat down. I knew about Lee winning but the match, or what it was, was a nice surprise squash.

I want to see all 4, including Jay and Brandi in a 8 person tag or 6 man tag and Brandi vs Jay

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, with the NBA postponing their games tonight, I wonder if AEW will be moved from tomorrow’s time slot?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, with the NBA postponing their games tonight, I wonder if AEW will be moved from tomorrow’s time slot?

Probably not. I think the Thursday games were gonna be on ESPN anyway (I doubt they'll be played regardless)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. I think the Thursday games were gonna be on ESPN anyway (I doubt they'll be played regardless)
I wasn't sure how there were going to do it, if they were maybe just going to move back the games that were supposed to have been played on Wednesday or something else.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

those crybabies better not mess with aew

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangman Page’s eyes were really messed up there...curious what the story they’re going tell does with that

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangman Page’s eyes were really messed up there...curious what the story they’re going tell does with that

He's drunk (well, not actually). That's why his eyes were all kinds of messed up. He's been all kinds of conflicted and depressed for months now and that's what's lead to him drinking more and more. And FTR has been manipulating him to pull him away from the Bucks for their benefit

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad AEW.

The end of the contract signing had me in stitches.

TSN has having issues with their singal all night. Alot of square Cuts and stuff. I actually think their signal dropped for a bit during the contract signing for AEW women title match. Cut to commercial before it should.

Anna Jay looked smoke show and interested in the Tay conti and dark order segment. I was a little bit of a conti fan during her time in NXT.

Loved the Taz and Jake bit

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad AEW.

The end of the contract signing had me in stitches.

TSN has having issues with their singal all night. Alot of square Cuts and stuff. I actually think their signal dropped for a bit during the contract signing for AEW women title match. Cut to commercial before it should.

Anna Jay looked smoke show and interested in the Tay conti and dark order segment. I was a little bit of a conti fan during her time in NXT.

Loved the Taz and Jake bit
The Taz and Jake bit made me want to see Cage and Archer go at it at some point doing the battle royal. That and the contract signing were my favorite parts of the show.
There were a couple of things I wasn't a big fan of. The women's handicap match was one of them. Swole needs A LOT of seasoning as it looked really sloppy in some spots (not like the intentional Rebel stuff that was supposed to look bad). I was so glad when that match finally ended.
Also, it seemed to me like Matt and Sammy didn't quite click like I thought they would. It wasn't really a bad match but I guess I was expecting more, especially from the finish, which was anticlimatic. Also, after the win, Sammy didn't really get a chance to enjoy it as the focus quickly shifted to the Jericho-Orange feud. I felt like that pull apart should've happened after Jericho's match next week against Janella.
One thing that I was wondering about was why didn't Kazarian and Daniels come out to help Scorpio Sky when he was getting beaten up by the Dark Order? I get that they wanted to have Cardona clear the ring but still would've figured that those two would've tried to help their stable mate.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's drunk (well, not actually). That's why his eyes were all kinds of messed up. He's been all kinds of conflicted and depressed for months now and that's what's lead to him drinking more and more. And FTR has been manipulating him to pull him away from the Bucks for their benefit

yeah it looked bad. Like if this was fiction I would’ve said he looked brainwashed.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Taz and Jake bit made me want to see Cage and Archer go at it at some point doing the battle royal. That and the contract signing were my favorite parts of the show.
There were a couple of things I wasn't a big fan of. The women's handicap match was one of them. Swole needs A LOT of seasoning as it looked really sloppy in some spots (not like the intentional Rebel stuff that was supposed to look bad). I was so glad when that match finally ended.
Also, it seemed to me like Matt and Sammy didn't quite click like I thought they would. It wasn't really a bad match but I guess I was expecting more, especially from the finish, which was anticlimatic. Also, after the win, Sammy didn't really get a chance to enjoy it as the focus quickly shifted to the Jericho-Orange feud. I felt like that pull apart should've happened after Jericho's match next week against Janella.
One thing that I was wondering about was why didn't Kazarian and Daniels come out to help Scorpio Sky when he was getting beaten up by the Dark Order? I get that they wanted to have Cardona clear the ring but still would've figured that those two would've tried to help their stable mate.

AEW has said multiple times (to cover itself) that the locker room isn’t close to the ring area. Idk if that’s actually true or just kayfabe, but it’s been said by the announcers on multiple occasions dating back to even before the stadium stampede match.