• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the segment itself was a little underwhelming and needed a real crowd for it to make sense but still excited for where it goes from here.

A larger crowd would have made it a lot better. But even those there started a fairly loud and impressive (for their size) Miro Day chant.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a shot for every time a former WWE wrestler comes in to AEW and in their very first promo they talk about how they were held down and how bad they had it but thank god AEW is here to give them a real chance.

Congratulations you are now dead from alcohol poisoning.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW Draws Over 1 Million Viewers With PPV Fallout - Wrestling Inc.

Great number considering they were up against the NBA playoffs

To the shock of absolutely no one, the dirt sheets are taking multiple victory laps over that number and the NXT number. It bears repeating that the dirt sheet narrative is alive and well.

Also, you can get lost with that dirt sheet NBA playoffs talking point. No one is buying that crap. The NBA and AEW have a completely different audience and you know it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a shot for every time a former WWE wrestler comes in to AEW and in their very first promo they talk about how they were held down and how bad they had it but thank god AEW is here to give them a real chance.

there’s a few of those out there.

Michael Cole Saying “big dog” is definitely another one

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't mind it for guys like Miro, where what he's saying actually has some truth. Or a guy like Mox airing his grievances with how he doesn't like their style.

But its ridiculous when a guy like say, Shawn Spears, does it. Like dude, you're a low carder and you're always gonna be a low carder.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind it for guys like Miro, where what he's saying actually has some truth. Or a guy like Mox airing his grievances with how he doesn't like their style.

But its ridiculous when a guy like say, Shawn Spears, does it. Like dude, you're a low carder and you're always gonna be a low carder.

I do, because they never thank the WWE for making them into who they are today....stars. Moxley is the biggest offender in this, as he totally buried the WWE. This despite the fact that his wife worked there at the time. He didn't care about her at all. He just wanted to get his pound of flesh and Jericho should be ashamed of himself for becoming the "Bury the WWE is Jericho" podcast.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, because they never thank the WWE for making them into who they are today....stars. Moxley is the biggest offender in this, as he totally buried the WWE. This despite the fact that his wife worked there at the time. He didn't care about her at all. He just wanted to get his pound of flesh and Jericho should be ashamed of himself for becoming the "Bury the WWE is Jericho" podcast.

But, correct me if I am wrong, wasn't Jericho a star BEFORE he even stepped foot in the WWE?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, correct me if I am wrong, wasn't Jericho a star BEFORE he even stepped foot in the WWE?

yes. Wcw was where he became a star. In particular his feud with the underrated dean malenko.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was, but WWE made him (or made himself, you decide) into a super duper star!

I understand what your saying with the whole airing of grievances thing but with that said, and I wholeheartedly believe this....

I think Vince has lost touch a little with what the fans want since the end of the attitude era.

For example. Guys you pointed out in your previous post were so far over but they couldn't get to main event spots, said brass ring.

Rusev day is a pristine example of it. It was so far over, like Austin in late 90s but still didn't reach consistent main event status or even be booked.

Cena being booed is another.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He was on national TV in WCW but he was booked like a comedy midcard act at the time so it really depends on what you mean by star. He was a cult favorite in WCW and a main eventer in WWE.

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of wrestlers talking shit on their prior employer in promos but only because it's a bit played out. WWE gave them a platform to become stars but the wrestlers as a whole helped turned that company into one worth billions of dollars

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on national TV in WCW but he was booked like a comedy midcard act at the time so it really depends on what you mean by star. He was a cult favorite in WCW and a main eventer in WWE.

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of wrestlers talking shit on their prior employer in promos but only because it's a bit played out. WWE gave them a platform to become stars but the wrestlers as a whole helped turned that company into one worth billions of dollars

Id argue that Jericho was similar to the Mox, Miro types taking shots at wwe now.

part the issue was wcw had a legit cruiserweight division, which I liked but he he didn’t.

also he wanted to do 20-30 minute matches with Goldberg, which just wasn’t gonna happen. BG didn’t do that with anyone.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Id argue that Jericho was similar to the Mox, Miro types taking shots at wwe now.

part the issue was wcw had a legit cruiserweight division, which I liked but he he didn’t.

also he wanted to do 20-30 minute matches with Goldberg, which just wasn’t gonna happen. BG didn’t do that with anyone.

Miro had a WM match against John Cena, a world title PPV match vs Styles, and a long undefeated streak to start his career.
Moxley was in the an alltime great faction and was a legit main eventer as a singles star.

As as amazing as Jericho was in WCW I wouldn't compare his run with Rusev/Ambrose in WWE.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miro had a WM match against John Cena, a world title PPV match vs Styles, and a long undefeated streak to start his career.
Moxley was in the an alltime great faction and was a legit main eventer as a singles star.

As as amazing as Jericho was in WCW I wouldn't compare his run with Rusev/Ambrose in WWE.

I feel you. Both had some opportunities. They weren’t Brodie lee.

on the other end when Jericho came to wwe it was considered one of the biggest signings of the decade for a reason.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel you. Both had some opportunities. They weren’t Brodie lee.

on the other end when Jericho came to wwe it was considered one of the biggest signings of the decade for a reason.

Yeah Jericho was a huge signing at the time. Even though WWF had already surpassed WCW big by the summer of 99 WCWs main event roster was still ridiculously deep. They had dozens of guy who were main eventers and WWF had maybe 5 or 6, those 5 or 6 guys just all happened to be inconic and in their prime. You knew Jericho was going to be given a real chance there

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Jericho was a huge signing at the time. Even though WWF had already surpassed WCW big by the summer of 99 WCWs main event roster was still ridiculously deep. They had dozens of guy who were main eventers and WWF had maybe 5 or 6, those 5 or 6 guys just all happened to be inconic and in their prime. You knew Jericho was going to be given a real chance there

plus, even after The mistake of putting the belt on hbk in 96 and 97, vince was willing to let tony crusierweighta have the belt.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao @ all the Dark Order stuff on BTE. Seriously, if you're not watching, you're missing out.

Also, I love the funny and clever way they ret-conned Matt Sydal's botch

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao @ all the Dark Order stuff on BTE. Seriously, if you're not watching, you're missing out.

Also, I love the funny and clever way they ret-conned Matt Sydal's botch
Uno and Silver are fantastic on there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cutler vs Avalon match on Dark tonight was pretty good. Fun story they got going on