• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it’s the internet bro, you could at least she slept with him to bump you up a few notches. On the interweb my wife got railed by Channing Tatum.
I said they never did anything. Didn't say he never wanted to/tried.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Havoc officially signed with AEW

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any idea how AEW will work, like once a week show? twice a week? television? What network?

I am hesitant to get excited about AEW, as I remember getting excited about TNA. I know competition is good for business so I hoped TNA would have worked, so I hope AEW works out because if there is competition out there, it forces WWE to actually compete and try and put out a watchable product. The difference so far is the AEW billionaire backing, this has more of a Ted Turner type feel to it than what TNA was.

So, I have heard Orton may go and they've offered a contract of a lifetime to a top WWE talent and speculation has ranged from AJ Styles, to Nakamura, to Undertaker.

IF AEW can get Orton, Dean Ambrose, Kenny Omega, and say AJ Styles or Finn Balor, that would add some major credibility to the product for talent, but than it comes down to creative and booking, who are their bookers?? Because TNA had a load of talent too but their booking was awful.

If AEW falls to hiring guys like Russo or Bischoff, God help us. That only means Hogan, Nash and Waltman would be soon to follow and they will come out as some NWO Kliq ripoff.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any idea how AEW will work, like once a week show? twice a week? television? What network?

I am hesitant to get excited about AEW, as I remember getting excited about TNA. I know competition is good for business so I hoped TNA would have worked, so I hope AEW works out because if there is competition out there, it forces WWE to actually compete and try and put out a watchable product. The difference so far is the AEW billionaire backing, this has more of a Ted Turner type feel to it than what TNA was.

So, I have heard Orton may go and they've offered a contract of a lifetime to a top WWE talent and speculation has ranged from AJ Styles, to Nakamura, to Undertaker.

IF AEW can get Orton, Dean Ambrose, Kenny Omega, and say AJ Styles or Finn Balor, that would add some major credibility to the product for talent, but than it comes down to creative and booking, who are their bookers?? Because TNA had a load of talent too but their booking was awful.

If AEW falls to hiring guys like Russo or Bischoff, God help us. That only means Hogan, Nash and Waltman would be soon to follow and they will come out as some NWO Kliq ripoff.

They said they won’t have real bookers, the talent will be the bookers. Also they are in negotiations for a tv deal so if they get it you’d think it will be once a week but nothing is set yet.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said they won’t have real bookers, the talent will be the bookers. Also they are in negotiations for a tv deal so if they get it you’d think it will be once a week but nothing is set yet.

:L first major mistake. Look, we all want the WWE to be pushed and have competition because competition means better product, but Vince created the wheel and it is working, you don't reinvent the wheel. Even though Vince's product can run stale real quick, the guy is still the genius of the business, Hell he IS the business. See what happened to WCW when they gave talent booking powers. The guy with the biggest paycheck is going to be running that place in no time.

I can see them starting off with this what they think is innovative concept of the talent being the bookers, but within 6 months my guess is someone will be anointed the booker, I just hope it isn't someone like Hogan or Russo who sneaks in there. If they get a TV deal I guess it would make sense if they were on weekly for the weekly and reliable television product, but it would be interesting if they did like a show every two weeks or something, that would also be appealing to the wrestlers because that means they wouldn't be on the road as much. I guess that goes with my other question on if they are hoping to be Live if and when they get a TV contract. Because I think what really hurt TNA early on was their taped shows, I could just read about the results and storylines without having to tune in every week.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibility of CM Punk signing with AEW?

You get Punk, Orton, Aj Styles, Balor, watch out

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main takeaways from the ticket rally that was held tonight:

Kenny Omega officially signed with AEW

AEW will have a working relationship with AAA. This likely means The Elite crew are done with NJPW considering New Japan has a working relationship with AAA's rival, CMLL

Pac vs Hangman is official for Double or Nothing and it looks like Omega vs Jericho will be too

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L first major mistake. Look, we all want the WWE to be pushed and have competition because competition means better product, but Vince created the wheel and it is working, you don't reinvent the wheel. Even though Vince's product can run stale real quick, the guy is still the genius of the business, Hell he IS the business. See what happened to WCW when they gave talent booking powers. The guy with the biggest paycheck is going to be running that place in no time.

I can see them starting off with this what they think is innovative concept of the talent being the bookers, but within 6 months my guess is someone will be anointed the booker, I just hope it isn't someone like Hogan or Russo who sneaks in there. If they get a TV deal I guess it would make sense if they were on weekly for the weekly and reliable television product, but it would be interesting if they did like a show every two weeks or something, that would also be appealing to the wrestlers because that means they wouldn't be on the road as much. I guess that goes with my other question on if they are hoping to be Live if and when they get a TV contract. Because I think what really hurt TNA early on was their taped shows, I could just read about the results and storylines without having to tune in every week.
I agree just because I think each talent is going to have a reason why they think that they should win the match. Gone are the days of Terry Funk willingly putting people over to help the business in the long run and get both talents over in the process. I think right now, New Japan is probably the best booked because the majority of the stuff that happens there makes sense (in my opinion).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hasn't been announced yet. They are still in negotiations with a couple of networks but its assumed they'll have a weekly show. Whether if its live or taped, that's still to be determined

Slim. Punk keeps saying he's basically done with professional wrestling. I assume there's always a possibility for a one off match if the price is right but I wouldn't be holding my breath expecting him to show up any time soon

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubtful. I think that Punk has no desire to get back into wrestling. Supposedly, he's made plenty of money so he doesn't have to go back to it to make a living.
Orton has never really done anything for me. I've always felt he was bland. I'd like to see Styles there but I think that Vince will concede to whatever he wants to when it's all said and done. As for Balor, I could easily see him going there as I don't think that WWE sees him as a main event player and could be replaced by numerous guys that are waiting for the callup from NXT.

The main takeaways from the ticket rally that was held tonight:

Kenny Omega officially signed with AEW

AEW will have a working relationship with AAA. This likely means The Elite crew are done with NJPW considering New Japan has a working relationship with AAA's rival, CMLL

Pac vs Hangman is official for Double or Nothing and it looks like Omega vs Jericho will be too
Yeah, I think that ROH and New Japan aren't going to give up their partnership anytime soon so AEW realized that and had to go another route to find talent.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Gedo books New Japan now. Most legendary wrestling territories were booked by wrestlers. It's not anything new and shouldn't be an issue as long as everyone's ego is under control

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd like to see Styles there but I think that Vince will concede to whatever he wants to when it's all said and done.

Just some things to keep in mind... AJ's best friends with Christopher Daniels. He has a friendship with the Elite. The Khan's have more money than the McMahon's and will probably overpay for a handful of flagship stars to get the company off the ground.

Also from the WWE perspective is a 41 year old AJ a star they can't afford to lose or would they be better longterm spending money to lockup Seth Rollins and giving Gargano AJs TV time?

I'm not saying he's going to AEW but it's a logical fit in a lot of ways.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USO supposedly arent resigning when their contract is up in April. Would be another good acquisition for AEWs tag division.

Man if they can land a legit TV deal I really do think they are gonna be a formidible opponent for WWE combining all of WWEs misused/unused talent and the best of the indies.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
USO supposedly arent resigning when their contract is up in April. Would be another good acquisition for AEWs tag division.

Man if they can land a legit TV deal I really do think they are gonna be a formidible opponent for WWE combining all of WWEs misused/unused talent and the best of the indies.

The Usos were cutting the best promos in the company when they used to get TV time every week.

I'd love to see them as a featured act in AEW

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can really become a thorn in WWE's side if they start plucking NXT guys. Let WWE train them and build them up, they know the logical next step with WWE is to slowly move to the main roster where they will stick with the midcard for years before ever getting maybe a shot in the main event. AEW can come in right when those NXT guys are making the move to RAW or smackdown and offer some big money and a shot at the main event.