• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know...I can't see most of them with long term ROH contracts (maybe year to year deals), so AEW could certainly throw money at them when their contracts are up.

Yeah, pretty much all ROH contracts are 2 years in length. I can't recall ever seeing anyone longer

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that's intriguing. If that's the case, they could very well lure several WWE guys when their contracts run out who may feel underutilized.

Reactions: DJ

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Well that's intriguing. If that's the case, they could very well lure several WWE guys when their contracts run out who may feel underutilized.

All speculation but to me this strongly indicates the ink is dry on a major TV or streaming deal and they're just waiting on the right time to make the announcement.

I wish wrestling was like sports free agency where you could look up contract statuses and guess who they're targeting.

If the plan is to go big right away I think they need a couple uppermidcarders and at least one wwe caliber maineventer added to the roster in the first year

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two interesting drops from New Japan

Kenny Omega and ĶUSHIDA

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two interesting drops from New Japan

Kenny Omega and ĶUSHIDA

I thought it came out a couple months back that Kushida was like a 99% certainty to go to WWE.

Omega though, I'm fairly certain this is work if you read all the interview from NJPW,Tanahasi, etc. Omega reportedly has a huge WWE offer (multi-millions) but all this interview stuff makes it sound like he's going to split time between AEW/NJPW. Like his "time off" will be doing whatever in AEW for a couple of months and then will find his way back to NJPW for a rematch with Tanahasi.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it came out a couple months back that Kushida was like a 99% certainty to go to WWE.

Omega though, I'm fairly certain this is work if you read all the interview from NJPW,Tanahasi, etc. Omega reportedly has a huge WWE offer (multi-millions) but all this interview stuff makes it sound like he's going to split time between AEW/NJPW. Like his "time off" will be doing whatever in AEW for a couple of months and then will find his way back to NJPW for a rematch with Tanahasi.

So Kushida might show up at takeover

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Judge Fudge

More follow up on what Kenny is doing; at the end of this week's BTE, they show Kenny's "lost phone" and its got the same count down clock all the other AEW members had.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So countdown to his signing?

Most likely yes. They had a bit on BTE where Bucks/Hangman/Cody all had a countdown clock that showed up on their phones which ran out on January 1st. When it expired, their phones showed the AEW and Double or Nothing logos. The SCU guys got them on their phones as well and they all signed with AEW too.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to pwinsider, PAC (Neville in WWE) has been spotted in Jacksonville, where tonight's AEW rally is at

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody says pay for wrestlers is important to them. Brandi confirmed women will be paid equally to men.

Oh look, they’re retarded. Yeah let’s pay female indy wrestler #6 the same as Chris Jericho, that’s not dumb at all.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cody says pay for wrestlers is important to them. Brandi confirmed women will be paid equally to men.

Oh look, they’re retarded. Yeah let’s pay female indy wrestler #6 the same as Chris Jericho, that’s not dumb at all.

I think the idea is that Rousey makes the same as Lesnar, Becky makes the same as DB etc.. all the way down the card. Not that all wrestlers will be paid the same.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea is that Rousey makes the same as Lesnar, Becky makes the same as DB etc.. all the way down the card. Not that all wrestlers will be paid the same.

So if that’s true then it sounds like wrestlers will be paid based off performance. Which is how it should be but doesn’t coinside with what Brandi said.

But even then what you said isn’t paying them equally, it’s paying them based off their drawing power and name(which is exactly what WWE does that Cody and Brandi are referencing as a problem they are going to fix.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's the rally for anyone that missed it. Some notes if you don't feel like watching it

-Biggest talent announcements were Chris Jericho and Pac (aka Neville) have signed

-Britt Baker, Penelope Ford, Joey Janela, and MJF also signed and appeared. More minor since no one really knows them but The Bucks announced they've partnered with some Chinese fed and will feature some of their talent as well.

-Double or Nothing will be May 25th in Las Vegas at the MGM Garden Arena. They also announced their 2nd official show will be in Jacksonville (no date or name listed yet) and a portion of the proceeds will go to victims of gun violence

-They announced they intend to pay women and men equally.

That's it for the rally but some other tidbits that have been reported after

-Tony Khan says they are working out a way to provide health insurance to all performers. That could be a significant game changer in the industry as historically wrestlers are independent contractors and thus get no benefits. Having health insurance and/or benefits package could be a potentially big draw to potential talent, WWE and indy guys alike

-Billy Gunn has a backstage producer role for them

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if WWE will use Ryder more now just to spite Rhodes? Vince has to see that once Ryder's contract runs out, he is gone.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know Chris Jericho was 48. thought he would be younger

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if WWE will use Ryder more now just to spite Rhodes? Vince has to see that once Ryder's contract runs out, he is gone.

I really don't think Vince cares about Zack Ryder enough to do that. Now if it were someone like AJ Styles maybe but all the undercard guys that don't get used anyways I'm sure he'd be more than ok to lose.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Vince cares about Zack Ryder enough to do that. Now if it were someone like AJ Styles maybe but all the undercard guys that don't get used anyways I'm sure he'd be more than ok to lose.

I agree and Vince will miss him when he is gone