• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pre-sale was supper jammed up, I got in fairly early and was still only able to get upper level tickets (Been to the MGM Arena before though they arent too bad for like 35 bucks) luckily apparently since the presale sold out fairly quickly as well. Good excuse to go to Vegas for Memorial Day weekend.

They sold out in 4 minutes. Looks like you got lucky

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently there are a ton of wrestlers within WWE wanting out of their contracts. Like The Revival which is now tag team champs. I HOPE Vince see's this competition as needing to up the programming and become creative again, rather than just thinking he needs to open his pocket book and everything will be fine.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently there are a ton of wrestlers within WWE wanting out of their contracts. Like The Revival which is now tag team champs. I HOPE Vince see's this competition as needing to up the programming and become creative again, rather than just thinking he needs to open his pocket book and everything will be fine.
Good!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWInsider reporting that Gallows and Anderson are leaving WWE when their contracts run out this Fall. They turned down contract renewals. Figured I'd put this here because AEW makes a lot of sense for them considering they are friends with the Bucks and AEW wants to put an emphasis on tag team wrestling. Going back to NJPW could be a possibility but Karl Anderson has stated in many interviews he really enjoys being back in the States so he can spend time with his kids (FWIW, he and his "hot Asian wife" just had their 4th child)

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's being reported that Jim Ross is signing a deal with AEW for close to a million per year.

Hopefully Mauro is still a possibility too.

That'd be a great booth.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is their first event may 25th in vegas? They are not wrestling yet are they? Gives Vince enough time to buy them out before they start.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that Jim Ross is signing a deal with AEW for close to a million per year.

Hopefully Mauro is still a possibility too.

That'd be a great booth.

First off. Sorry for the bullshit, which I quickly removed.

I was trying to quote you but I have a s9note and it was a curved screen at the end, which is where the quote button is, and it was not working so I thought I try a little higher.

I see two things wrong with this.

1) Mauro himself. I think that he seems happy with the WWE now and I think WWE has learned a lesson from the 1st time. It was why JBL's PTI like show got canceled and he left the company 2 years ago and Graves took over on SD announce desk.

Case in point. How they are handling the situation with Lars Sullivan.

2) Who is the funny heel announcer???? IMO. one of the reasons WWE is doing so well.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First off. Sorry for the bullshit, which I quickly removed.

I was trying to quote you but I have a s9note and it was a curved screen at the end, which is where the quote button is, and it was not working so I thought I try a little higher.

I see two things wrong with this.

1) Mauro himself. I think that he seems happy with the WWE now and I think WWE has learned a lesson from the 1st time. It was why JBL's PTI like show got canceled and he left the company 2 years ago and Graves took over on SD announce desk.

Case in point. How they are handling the situation with Lars Sullivan.

2) Who is the funny heel announcer???? IMO. one of the reasons WWE is doing so well.

I just think at this point JR would be better as the 2nd or 3rd man in the booth with someone like Mauro doing the heavy lifting. With Mauro being the best play by play man in wrestling right now he might rather be on national TV than the WWEs internet only show. JR and Mauro could have be what Gordon Solie and JR were as a team a few decades ago but the role reversed for JR. Plus Mauro is close with the Elite.

All conjecture like everything else AEW related at this time

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think at this point JR would be better as the 2nd or 3rd man in the booth with someone like Mauro doing the heavy lifting. With Mauro being the best play by play man in wrestling right now he might rather be on national TV than the WWEs internet only show. JR and Mauro could have be what Gordon Solie and JR were as a team a few decades ago but the role reversed for JR. Plus Mauro is close with the Elite.

All conjecture like everything else AEW related at this time

I know and put somebody like Tully Blanchard doing the heel leg work( ala Graves) and a good announce team.

But I doubt it because I have heard nothing about Mauro being unhappy.

Too be completely honest. This Might be the perfect situation for a person who is passionate about the biz a ness but can't wrestle for some reason, slowly raises hand because of physical and health limitations, to make a name for himself.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is their first event may 25th in vegas? They are not wrestling yet are they? Gives Vince enough time to buy them out before they start.

Not sure. The WWE did offer multi million dollar contracts to the Bucks but they were turned down.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Could be a good announce team if JR can step his game back up. He's been kinda shitty in his New Japan run. I really like Ian Riccaboni and Excalibur at All In and was hoping that would be the team, but Ian resigned with ROH a few months ago

I think JR can still be great, just not in the classic play by play role. He'd do better as a color commentator emphasizing certain narratives during the match.

The backstage role is huge. There aren't many people with more knowledge and more major contacts in wrestling than JR.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haven't seen this as a headline on wrestling sites yet but Jim Ross said in a radio interview yesterday that AEW will be on a major cable network starting in October so that's official from a paid employee of the company.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen this as a headline on wrestling sites yet but Jim Ross said in a radio interview yesterday that AEW will be on a major cable network starting in October so that's official from a paid employee of the company.

Are we talking US and Canada major ( ABC, NBC,CBS OR FOX) or Just US

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also just noticed, the channels you mentioned were broadcast TV. This will be a cable channel like TBS, WGN, ESPN etc

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess I’d probably say it’ll be on TNT.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess I’d probably say it’ll be on TNT.

If its Turner, my guess is it'll be TruTV. JR said it'll premiere in October. Turner Sports has deals with the NBA and MLB and October is the start of the NBA season (TNT) and MLB will be in the playoffs (TBS). It'd kinda suck to launch knowing you could get bumped by baseball if it goes long. TNT is a possibility if they air on a date where the NBA isn't airing (they have games on Tuesdays and Thursdays, sometimes Mondays). It could be smart to have the NBA start its season and air promos for AEW (let's it airs on Wednesdays). But TruTV pretty much has an open schedule all the time. The only conflict would be for a week during March Madness