• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House of Black = House of Burnout

Now Buddy Matthews is "taking time off to figure things out". No confirmed details beyond that but people wildly speculating he just wants to go back to WWE since HHH is running things and his girlfriend (Rhea Ripley) is there

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House of Black = House of Burnout

Now Buddy Matthews is "taking time off to figure things out". No confirmed details beyond that but people wildly speculating he just wants to go back to WWE since HHH is running things and his girlfriend (Rhea Ripley) is there

Jesus.

What a mess

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus.

What a mess

It looks the rumors of HHH contacting a bunch of AEW talent asking them to get their release was true. There was a story a couple days ago that Bobby Fish was actively recruiting people. Makes sense why TK didn't re-sign him, lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks the rumors of HHH contacting a bunch of AEW talent asking them to get their release was true. There was a story a couple days ago that Bobby Fish was actively recruiting people. Makes sense why TK didn't re-sign him, lol

Sue the shit outta him lol

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Action Bronson can go! Dude was running those ropes like a mad man.

Also, this is really cool. Sting is headed to Japan to be in Great Muta's last match

Been following Bronson for years for his music but he's really gotten into shape over the last few years and it's impressive. The dude is fit now and I love it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sue the shit outta him lol

Legally, he might not have done anything wrong. It's not illegal to call up someone and say "Hey, how long do you have on your contract? We'd be interested if you're free". They'd have more of a case if WWE called them up and say "We're gonna pay you to break you contract". Based on details so far, legally he's clear but its still kind of a shitty thing to do. It's one thing to call up people you have an idea might be free agents soon. It's another to call up guys that literally just signed and say "Hey, ask to get released and come back"

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legally, he might not have done anything wrong. It's not illegal to call up someone and say "Hey, how long do you have on your contract? We'd be interested if you're free". They'd have more of a case if WWE called them up and say "We're gonna pay you to break you contract". Based on details so far, legally he's clear but its still kind of a shitty thing to do. It's one thing to call up people you have an idea might be free agents soon. It's another to call up guys that literally just signed and say "Hey, ask to get released and come back"

Tony literally did the exact same thing with people like Jeff Hardy and Stokley Hathaway and no one bats an eye. Hell Jeff let it slip that Tony basically told him to get himself fired so he could come join his brother. Tony acting like a giant baby during this whole thing is laughable when he did it first.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony literally did the exact same thing with people like Jeff Hardy and Stokley Hathaway and no one bats an eye. Hell Jeff let it slip that Tony basically told him to get himself fired so he could come join his brother. Tony acting like a giant baby during this whole thing is laughable when he did it first.

I don't recall seeing anything about Jeff. Stokley, though, I thought was due to be a free agent. They were gonna call him up and renew his contract and he chose not to be called up

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm not a lawyer but my understanding on this topic is that it's considered illegal tampering in professional sports leagues because the team's within the leauge agree to that rule.

For example the Seahawks front office can't call the Patrick Mahomes about breaking his contract and joining their team (without direct permission from the Chiefs) but a CFL team can call any player in the NFL and make offers.

In this context the WWE/AEW are rival leagues, not rival teams within the same league

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a lawyer but my understanding on this topic is that it's considered illegal tampering in professional sports leagues because the team's within the leauge agree to that rule.

For example the Seahawks front office can't call the Patrick Mahomes about breaking his contract and joining their team (without direct permission from the Chiefs) but a CFL team can call any player in the NFL and make offers.

In this context the WWE/AEW are rival leagues, not rival teams within the same league
that applies to teams who play against each other.

if the XFL reached out to an NFL QB and said they wanted him, there is no tampering there.

it would be like one company looking to recruit from another which happens everyday

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that might have implications for the AEW Title match tonight, Tony Khan clarified in an interview this morning that the MJF's Chip can be cashed in for a match at ANY time.

The speculation (that may have already been addressed below) is that he's cashing in the chip at Full Gear in Newark. Speaking of Live Rampage/Full Gear, I really want to go to those shows on 11-18/19. But I'm already going to Dynamite in Bridgeport, CT on the 16th and won't be able to get the time off from work to go. :gaah:

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the show live?

Great. I'd say awesome, but Rampage felt like it dragged live. At least, after the HoB v. Darby/Sting match with Muta at the end, IMO. The Hook/Action Bronson match was the hoss fight I expected it to be.

The Jade Cargill match was, IMO, the foregone conclusion match of the night. Also no one, at least in my section, knew who the hell the lady coming out with Diamante was. They certainly didn't say who it was live. Or, if they did, I missed it.

I left in the middle of the Battle Royal, because I thought it was the last match of the night. Imagine my surprise when I found out Hobbs/Starks closed the show. Apparently, I wasn't the only one (based on reports).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. "Tampering", the way the term is used most commonly, is illegal in collectively bargained situations like pro sports leagues. That's why its not illegal for HHH to call up someone and ask their contract status, etc (which would be illegal if it were the NBA, NFL,etc). But it does get legally murky if WWE were to incentivize (ie pay or work out some kind of deal under the table) a talent to break their contract with AEW on purpose. That doesn't seem to be the case anywhere (yet), but I'm just saying its possible

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. "Tampering", the way the term is used most commonly, is illegal in collectively bargained situations like pro sports leagues. That's why its not illegal for HHH to call up someone and ask their contract status, etc (which would be illegal if it were the NBA, NFL,etc). But it does get legally murky if WWE were to incentivize (ie pay or work out some kind of deal under the table) a talent to break their contract with AEW on purpose. That doesn't seem to be the case anywhere (yet), but I'm just saying its possible

Wwe likely wouldn’t want discovery to occur, would just be fun to make son in law shit his pants

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malakai Black went on IG Live tonight and blasted a lot of the dirt sheet reports as untrue, says he'll be back in AEW when he's sorted himself out

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the rebuttal to that is this whole independent contractor thing. It has been established that is tampering if a higher up talks to you about anything more than how much time you have left. Not sure how AEW’s contracts work but for WWE (it use to be) you could still be under contract but had to give I think it a 90 days notice of not rolling over your contract and then you have a grace period where you can negotiate against each company. AEW has leverage because they can make money outside of just in AEW, but in WWE you have machine bringing in nice royalties.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh.

That Saraya segment was brutal. Maybe my memory is fuzzy since she's been away for so long, but I don't remember her being that bad on the mic (I don't recall her being great either, but not that bad). Also probably not a good sign that she was nowhere near the ring when the action started.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh.

That Saraya segment was brutal. Maybe my memory is fuzzy since she's been away for so long, but I don't remember her being that bad on the mic (I don't recall her being great either, but not that bad). Also probably not a good sign that she was nowhere near the ring when the action started.
Thankfully I just skip the womens segments/matches since I watch off the DVR. It still needs a lot of work in my opinion.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh.

She never really had a good promo, she was just the right chick that changed divas into women. Kind of like Danielson, the crowd make their promos.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me this whole Guervarra/Andreda stuff?