• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How though? Punk just shit all over the Bucks, so he is going to wait in the locker room waiting for them to show up? Not saying Punk’s version is correct but not sure how his isn’t closer to the truth especially considering every physical fight story involving Punk involves him losing.

But a smart ass remark is how could Punk sue anyone since Chicago is a mutual combat city and he did call them out.

Punk's first version of the story is the Bucks kicked down the door and started fighting. So why bring other AEW officials with you, including the top legal official with you, if your intent is to kick down doors and start fighting? If they're pissed and looking to fight, you're not taking the time to grab other officials, especially the lawyer. That's why I say the Bucks side is more believable. Like @Duffman said, the truth is somewhere in the middle, but its pretty clear that the story Punk's side put out first was farcical (they've since changed it after it became apparent no one was buying it). It looks like at least initially, the Bucks, given all the other officials coming with them, intended to talk. You've got the EVPs, Head of Legal, and Head of Talent Relations. That's a business meeting, not a fight. Looks pretty clear the plan was gonna be the brass was going to give Punk a stern talking to after he crossed multiple lines in the press conference. Somewhere along the lines once they got there, things escalated between the Bucks and Punk and you can sort out what's what from there

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the All-Out promotional write-up on the streaming site where I access wrestling, UFC, and boxing PPVs:

"Punk is the company’s most illustrious fairy and retained the AEW Heavyweight title by defeating Adam Page at the Double or Nothing event in May. Less than a week after capturing her belt, Punk announced that she would be undergoing foot surgery and that she would be effectively out indefinitely. She created a working title for herself when Moxley defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi at Forbidden Door in June."

LMAO. I suspect it was written in Japanese or Russian and then badly translated.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Watching Living Single with the House of Black.”
That’s something I’d like to see.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grand Slam is fucking stacked.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malakai Black put out a statement on Instagram going into some detail about what's been going on; TLDR, a LOT of personal stuff that can weigh heavy on a person and he really needs a break.

All,
Firstly thank you all for your messages, know they are being read and appreciated. With all the turmoil going on in the landscape of Professional Wrestling took the time to think of my words but also needed to wait until conversations between mine and AEW's camp had come to a conclusion.
Firstly, dislike reading parts of my private conversations between myself and AEW in regards to my mental well being on the internet. These conversations were private and not meant to be shared with the public. As by now most people realize I am a very private person and do not feel the need to have stuff like this out on the internet. If you've been following me longer than a cup of coffee you're aware I've spoken about them prior but would like to be the one deciding when this finds it's way to the public and not through someone else's mouth, as with anything through the lips of someone else: that story gets distorted.
Secondly, to be in line with the above, they also need context:
I did indeed ask for my release, the last 2 years of my life have lended to a lot of set backs. Both me and my wife have been affected by uncontrollable actions from the outside that resulted in loss of life, medical set backs, career jeopardizing, the suicide of a close friend and a close family member almost losing their life, then experiencing an injury that I was sure was the end of my career. I spend every week going through several sessions of rehab, dry needling and therapy just to be able to walk and compete. Now this being the tip of the iceberg and with the combination of the promises in my professional field that were not upheld which resulted as a combination of all of these to a complete demoralization of life and career. This decision had been in my mind for the past six months.
It's hard to really put a finger and say "this was the moment it all went wrong." But can tell you after many years that have learned from a rational point of view to see when I need to hit the breaks; which is what this is.
Perhaps once my mind settles on certain things and processes the last 2 years a bit better will convey(via a different platform than written out) what the exacts were that happened, and have a more informed conversation about them.
For now know that I am good, and am taking, for the first time in 22 years, a few months to recalibrate the last 2 decades of my life.
Lastly, have read a few narratives online in regards to my "release", mental health and my personal life that I can summarize swiftly; if it didn't come from me, it didn't happen. Stuff about conditional releases, stuff in my marriage or using said mental health to leverage the other when as said before that part wasn't even going to be part of the public conversation are false. My marriage is fine, am fine. It is just time to make sure those things stay that way.
Once again, appreciate your support and we will see each other soon enough.
MB

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that might have implications for the AEW Title match tonight, Tony Khan clarified in an interview this morning that the MJF's Chip can be cashed in for a match at ANY time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential spoilers for Grand Slam

Sean Ross Sapp has been heavily implying all day that Paige is gonna debut in AEW. If its true, it'll be interesting to see what her role is going forward. If I remember correctly, she's willing to try to wrestle again based on her own doctors but WWE doctors wouldn't clear her. Given that she is/was in a similar situation to what Edge was, maybe modern medicine has healed her up enough to give it a go.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that might have implications for the AEW Title match tonight, Tony Khan clarified in an interview this morning that the MJF's Chip can be cashed in for a match at ANY time.
At least if that were to happen, Moxley can take that vacation he was planning after All Out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So SRS was right, Saraya (Paige) is All Elite. Real interested in seeing how this plays out. It's been so long since she's been able to do anything in ring. She looked great tonight too. Healthiest she's looked in a long time.

So itself was pretty good. Disappointed Danielson didn't win though. I would hope this means they'll give him a proper run some time down the line. Jericho winning the ROH Title makes me think a TV deal must be close. It would make sense to launch the TV show with him as champ just like they did before.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Action Bronson can go! Dude was running those ropes like a mad man.

Also, this is really cool. Sting is headed to Japan to be in Great Muta's last match

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So SRS was right, Saraya (Paige) is All Elite. Real interested in seeing how this plays out. It's been so long since she's been able to do anything in ring. She looked great tonight too. Healthiest she's looked in a long time.

So itself was pretty good. Disappointed Danielson didn't win though. I would hope this means they'll give him a proper run some time down the line. Jericho winning the ROH Title makes me think a TV deal must be close. It would make sense to launch the TV show with him as champ just like they did before.

I’m not. He’s fine in the mid card role

I’m baffled Jericho won. It just feels like they gave him a belt to check the box