• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think they held back on bringing Punk back until they had a crowd?

Also, what exactly is "insane" about that?

He and Tony Khan said in the post-show media call that he didn't want to debut until they had fans. They have actually been in talks for over a year and half. Got close to working things out but then covid happened.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oooooo Oh Snap GIF

I believe that is shot #2 there @The Q

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's super creative so it'll be cool to see what he comes up with. But I'd be down if he just goes back to swamp-cult version of Bray Wyatt. His real name would fit well too. Just go by "Windham".

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's super creative so it'll be cool to see what he comes up with. But I'd be down if he just goes back to swamp-cult version of Bray Wyatt. His real name would fit well too. Just go by "Windham".
Definitely comes across as a very creative guy. Since I don't watch the main WWE product, I have no idea on how he is in the ring or if the gimmick limits him on being any good.
The one thing I'm worried about AEW is if they're going to become like TNA was back in the mid-late 2000's where they were doing the same thing, signing a lot of the WWE castoffs at the time and putting them in prominent positions on the card.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely comes across as a very creative guy. Since I don't watch the main WWE product, I have no idea on how he is in the ring or if the gimmick limits him on being any good.
The one thing I'm worried about AEW is if they're going to become like TNA was back in the mid-late 2000's where they were doing the same thing, signing a lot of the WWE castoffs at the time and putting them in prominent positions on the card.

how many tna guys were the #1 asset in wwe within the year of them getting to tna?

how many were considered future hall of famers (still in their prime) like black?

they are getting the right guys from wwe, minus Matt Hardy, imo.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many tna guys were the #1 asset in wwe within the year of them getting to tna?

how many were considered future hall of famers (still in their prime) like black?

they are getting the right guys from wwe, minus Matt Hardy, imo.
But when you only have three hours of national television (I’m not counting the Dark shows) and a lot of those hours are filled with former WWE talent, a lot of the younger talent that are considered homegrown are going to be overlooked. They need to be careful not to oversaturate the product.
And also, I don’t mind Matt Hardy, as he’s a decent hand and probably more of a mentor at this point. Andrade so far has been a bust as far as I’m concerned. His one match, the other guy looked a lot better than him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when you only have three hours of national television (I’m not counting the Dark shows) and a lot of those hours are filled with former WWE talent, a lot of the younger talent that are considered homegrown are going to be overlooked. They need to be careful not to oversaturate the product.
And also, I don’t mind Matt Hardy, as he’s a decent hand and probably more of a mentor at this point. Andrade so far has been a bust as far as I’m concerned. His one match, the other guy looked a lot better than him.

andrade vs anyone in death triangle is a potential show stealer.

I’m fine slow dripping him because it gives others more screen time.

yes it’s going To be a challenge and they need to just have less matches on elevation with longer match times.

hard to say elevation isn’t working when baker beat the system beating jobbers to artificially inflate her ranking

(it’s also why her tiny ass should never win a match clean)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
andrade vs anyone in death triangle is a potential show stealer.

I’m fine slow dripping him because it gives others more screen time.

yes it’s going To be a challenge and they need to just have less matches on elevation with longer match times.

hard to say elevation isn’t working when baker beat the system beating jobbers to artificially inflate her ranking

(it’s also why her tiny ass should never win a match clean)
Well, he better have a much better showing with PAC then he did with Matt Sydal, who’s a solid talent as well. If he can’t get a decent match with PAC at All Out, that guy is going to be very hard to justify any type of push for.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for everyone. Would you close All Out with the Omega/Christian Cage title match or with the reaction CM Punk got the other night, close it with him and Darby since there’s nothing likely to top the reaction that match will get in Punk’s hometown.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for everyone. Would you close All Out with the Omega/Christian Cage title match or with the reaction CM Punk got the other night, close it with him and Darby since there’s nothing likely to top the reaction that match will get in Punk’s hometown.

Honestly. I'm booking, I believe in the following theory:

" Unless you have 2 big names or a killer storyline/personal feud, ALWAYS END WITH WORLD TITLE"

I'm torn between blowing my load early, clean mind, and having it as my first match * and 3rd to last and then go with the Tag Champs and world title.

* I believe some fans don't watch the start of a PPV and wait till halfway through or so because THOSE ARE THE " BEEF" MATCHES. Those generate the buy rate. So let's throw this out first TO MAKE THEM WATCH ALL OF THEM not just the beef.

As to Adam Cole. I take a different theory all together....

Have Omega go over on Cage, clean not dirty, and then a man in a hoodie Superkicks Omega.

Cue Boom finger sign and reveal...

Because you can go two roads after:

A) Have Cole come out on Dyminate the next night and say to Omega right to his face " I did it because you took something from me" Cue Too sweet sign. Build a personal feud for the title.

B) This is my personal favorite too. Put some thought into it.

Have Cole say...

" I'm here but you don't know why..." Then Cue Omega, Elite or whatever you want because Kenny is pissed about Superkick at All Out. Simmer till Auther Ashe....

Kenny and Krew beatdown Cole and Just before they pass off for the One Winged Angel. The lights go out.

When they come back on Cole is beside 4 Guys in President masks, you know those rubber mock president masks.

Gang fight.

The 4 are simple: Punk, Wyatt, Danielson and Hamgman.

Kinda like a face NWO. You know what I mean?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

" Unless you have 2 big names or a killer storyline/personal feud, ALWAYS END WITH WORLD TITLE"

I'm torn between blowing my load early, clean mind, and having it as my first match * and 3rd to last and then go with the Tag Champs and world title.

* I believe some fans don't watch the start of a PPV and wait till halfway through or so because THOSE ARE THE " BEEF" MATCHES. Those generate the buy rate. So let's throw this out first TO MAKE THEM WATCH ALL OF THEM not just the beef.

Have Omega go over on Cage, clean not dirty, and then a man in a hoodie Superkicks Omega.

A) Have Cole come out on Dyminate the next night and say to Omega right to his face " I did it because you took something from me" Cue Too sweet sign. Build a personal feud for the title.

Have Cole say...

" I'm here but you don't know why..." Then Cue Omega, Elite or whatever you want because Kenny is pissed about Superkick at All Out. Simmer till Auther Ashe....

Kenny and Krew beatdown Cole and Just before they pass off for the One Winged Angel. The lights go out.

When they come back on Cole is beside 4 Guys in President masks, you know those rubber mock president masks.

Gang fight.

My mindset is that I'd end it with Darby and Punk and send the fans home happy. You know that the reaction for Punk will likely be way louder than any reaction combined for Omega and Christian. If you place that match in the middle of the show, I think a lot of stuff will die in terms of crowd reaction after that match. I always feel like if you're sending the fans home happy, they'll look more fondly on the show. You don't want a Wrestlemania 18 type situation where nothing was going to top the reaction of Rock and Hogan, which was placed in the middle of the card but they ended it with Hunter and Jericho, which wasn't exactly the best booked feud.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have Cole say...

Gang fight.

why wouldn’t Wyatt lead his faction?

makes no sense otherwise.
Cult of Wyatt for the win

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mindset is that I'd end it with Darby and Punk and send the fans home happy. You know that the reaction for Punk will likely be way louder than any reaction combined for Omega and Christian. If you place that match in the middle of the show, I think a lot of stuff will die in terms of crowd reaction after that match. I always feel like if you're sending the fans home happy, they'll look more fondly on the show. You don't want a Wrestlemania 18 type situation where nothing was going to top the reaction of Rock and Hogan, which was placed in the middle of the card but they ended it with Hunter and Jericho, which wasn't exactly the best booked feud.

I believe the protect the big belt at all costs, and you have punk and Darby kick the show off.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe the protect the big belt at all costs, and you have punk and Darby kick the show off.

I would have darby/punk open the show too. The last PPV ended with Pinnacle/IC. I don't think you can have a non-title match headline back to back shows

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have darby/punk open the show too. The last PPV ended with Pinnacle/IC. I don't think you can have a non-title match headline back to back shows

punk comes out first, the place goes bonkers

gets everyone in the right mood for the rest of the show

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
punk comes out first, the place goes bonkers

gets everyone in the right mood for the rest of the show.

Except the problem is, is that probably whatever the next couple of matches are, aren’t going to have a great crowd reaction. I believe that the majority of the people there are there to see Punk and you’ll have a great reaction to him winning to close the show. Put the match on last that people want to see the most, regardless whether or not it’s the world title. Plus, with the numbers his debut drew on Friday, it’s obvious that he’s the biggest star there right now.
Omega will likely beat Christian and that’ll be more of a bummer to the crowd to close out their biggest show of the year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Except the problem is, is that probably whatever the next couple of matches are, aren’t going to have a great crowd reaction. I believe that the majority of the people there are there to see Punk and you’ll have a great reaction to him winning to close the show. Put the match on last that people want to see the most, regardless whether or not it’s the world title. Plus, with the numbers his debut drew on Friday, it’s obvious that he’s the biggest star there right now.
Omega will likely beat Christian and that’ll be more of a bummer to the crowd to close out their biggest show of the year.

The show sold out before Punk was announced for AEW so I won't go as far as saying the crowd is there to see him specifically although he will be far and away the most over wrestler there.

I get the logic of Punk ending the show but for me the prestige of the title is most important and it should always close unless there's something like Rock/Hogan that's literally impossible to follow. I would have it as the high energy opener then follow it with a Bucks match to keep the momentum, then slow it down with a methodical Miro match, then ramp the energy back up to the title match to close. You also have to wonder if there's another suprise like Cole or Danielson ending the show after the title match.