• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alice In Chains - Man In The Box / Would? (Seattle, 1-18-15) - NFC Championship Halftime

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad story with Layne getting hooked and then going off the deep end when his fiancée od'd on heroin.

I don't see how it is fair to say that they should have retired the AIC name though. Jerry was always the best writer and musician and the driving force in the band but even he kinda struggled trying to go solo and act as a guitar for hire. His Boggy Depot and Degradation Trip albums were pretty good and he could have released them under the AIC name (all members but Layne played on them) but he didn't and sales suffered because of it. Now they are making some bank touring under the name. Good for them. Why should they struggle because of Layne's mistakes?

Some bands can't continue with the same name. The Doors couldn't find a replacement for a legend like Morrison. Thin Lizzy finally realized that Phil was too much of the band to continue using that name and chose another. Others, like AC/DC , AIC, Pink Floyd, The Who, etc continue(d) to release music that was not as good as their peak period but it was still decent and better than nothing (I disagree with myself on Metallica. They should have stopped when Cliff died because their music went from great to generally shitty.)

I'd add Black Sabbath to the discussion here. They were consistently putting out albums from 1970 to 1995 with a variety of different lineups, the only constant being Tony Iommi. But Iommi IS Black Sabbath even if Ozzy wouldn't let him Geezer, Bill Ward and Dio use the name when they were briefly touring about 5-7 years ago.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add Black Sabbath to the discussion here. They were consistently putting out albums from 1970 to 1995 with a variety of different lineups, the only constant being Tony Iommi. But Iommi IS Black Sabbath even if Ozzy wouldn't let him Geezer, Bill Ward and Dio use the name when they were briefly touring about 5-7 years ago.

Agreed!

And their 13 album with Ozzy was one of their best since Dio left!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!

And their 13 album with Ozzy was one of their best since Dio left!

That one definitely surprised me. Even if they won the Grammy based pretty much only on name recognition they still at the very least deserved to be nominated. The one they put out under the name Heaven and Hell wasn't bad either although I still think the other three with Dio were better.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a blast to have AiC perform the halftime gig. I thought the singer did a solid job although he was flat at a spot IMO.
That was one of the few times my low and close to the field seats yielded a poor view.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to play darts with AiC up at Rock City in West Seattle.... They were pretty cool... It was when they were just arriving onto the scene... Lane was definitely a trip though but he could sure sing... I'm not a fan of his replacement...

AC/DC nailed it w/ their replacement but AiC, imo, did not...

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah see,no one ever say's anything about but my friend Lane,yes from what he did here.