• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alice In Chains - Man In The Box / Would? (Seattle, 1-18-15) - NFC Championship Halftime

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alice In Chains - Man In The Box / Would? (Seattle, 1-18-15) - NFC Championship Halftime

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to post a pic whenever i get around to it with me and William (new singer of course)

One you guys will get a kick out of.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not get why some dislike him as the new AC singer,he does all the notes great,he even tries hard to do the side stuff Lane did.

What more do people want?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool stuff!

William does a good job. I actually enjoy both of the 2 "new"albums with him.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not get why some dislike him as the new AC singer,he does all the notes great,he even tries hard to do the side stuff Lane did.

What more do people want?

I can only speak for myself and all I know of him is this video, but here you go:

1. He sounds more like a lounge singer than he does Staley
  2. He looks like Gene Simmons and/or Tom Jones fucked Lenny Kravitz
  3. He's wearing a scarf

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I didn't even know they'd replaced Staley. They probably should have just let it go.

Yes, because then we can enjoy all of the good new music out there instead! (yes, that is sarcasm.)

Try actually listening to the new stuff before passing judgement.........or go listen to Mylie Cyrus o.r some crap like that

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because then we can enjoy all of the good new music out there instead! (yes, that is sarcasm.)

Try actually listening to the new stuff before passing judgement.........or go listen to Mylie Cyrus o.r some crap like that

Thank you for your opinion.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the scarf yah but still he does a great job imo.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do.

Don't forget to wash your '"Alice In Chains featuring Lenny Kravitz's kid" concert T for work tomorrow. You're gonna look adorable!

LOL i knew that coming lol.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the scarf yah but still he does a great job imo.

It just seems to me like they should have changed the band's name. That's not Alice In Chains.

It's like pink Floyd. I appreciate the music post Waters, but they're really more like Gilmore albums than Pink Floyd.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, like I said, I have both of the albums with him singing and think that they are both pretty good. I have no problem with it.

AIC was never the greatest sounding live band but they do maintain their unique sound. If you are looking for some dancing teenager lipsynching to a studio track, this ain't it.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems to me like they should have changed the band's name. That's not Alice In Chains.

It's like pink Floyd. I appreciate the music post Waters, but they're really more like Gilmore albums than Pink Floyd.

Fair enough.

I am a big Floyd fan and appreciate what Waters brought to the table but it is hard to have any sympathy for a guy who shuts all of the other members out of the writing process and rejects all of their ideas in total control freak mode.

Waters destroyed the band, not Gilmour, Wright, and Mason. And while the Floyd albums that came after were watered down versions of the original, the Waters' albums were not necessarily any better.

My point is this: While the new AIC is not up the standards of the Dirt era, it is still better than 99% of the horrible crap that is shoved down our throats these days.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Layne always did weird shit,myself and many others at the time had long stingy curly hair and we would let the ladies tie stuff in,for instance my gal tied in a Mr yuck,Mario,etc.

But Layne always took it to another level,he had tampons with red on them,black and white dildos etc.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Grit" will never be there again though.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad story with Layne getting hooked and then going off the deep end when his fiancée od'd on heroin.

I don't see how it is fair to say that they should have retired the AIC name though. Jerry was always the best writer and musician and the driving force in the band but even he kinda struggled trying to go solo and act as a guitar for hire. His Boggy Depot and Degradation Trip albums were pretty good and he could have released them under the AIC name (all members but Layne played on them) but he didn't and sales suffered because of it. Now they are making some bank touring under the name. Good for them. Why should they struggle because of Layne's mistakes?

Some bands can't continue with the same name. The Doors couldn't find a replacement for a legend like Morrison. Thin Lizzy finally realized that Phil was too much of the band to continue using that name and chose another. Others, like AC/DC , AIC, Pink Floyd, The Who, etc continue(d) to release music that was not as good as their peak period but it was still decent and better than nothing (I disagree with myself on Metallica. They should have stopped when Cliff died because their music went from great to generally shitty.)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick. IMO AiC hasn't missed a beat with DuVall. I don't know if their latest two albums are better than their old stuff but it's easily on the same level.