• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith calls out Cam Newton

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up SRPnVA? I just moved up to your neck of the woods last week, Sterling to be exact. Jesus man, Ive heard more about the Redskins in the last week than I ever care to hear again haha.

Not much man. Yeahhh skins fans can't get themselves enough RG3 right now. We'll see how he pans out for them, at least they'll be more exciting to watch when i'm forced to watch them.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Something just occurred to me - we have Carolina's 3rd round pick next year. This is the first time I can ever recall Alex Smith including another team/player in a statement like that. I'm just wondering if Harbaugh had anything to do with it. If it wasn't Harbaugh I probably wouldn't think twice, but it does seem like something he'd stir up to plant the seed for an off-season distraction. If he can create any incremental distraction for Carolina that might potentially end up in getting us a higher pick next year, he'd take the opportunity.

Also wanted to add that Beason initially came off like a pissed off little kid. It's like - "We don't suck. You suck! I'll see you after school." Well I guess the difference is these days the kids just shoot each other...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, every reasonable person knows what he MEANT, but not surprisingly its getting "sensationalized". had he not named a specific player, he'd be fine.

Hey, Deep. Since someone already was talking to SRPnVA about being in D.C., I thought I'd tell you I'm in Kauai. Any advice on what to do on my last day tomorrow? I have to check out at 10 AM and my flight's at 8. Any fun things to do in the short time? (The in-laws don't want to go in the water if we can't go back to the hotel, even though the beaches have places to shower off.)

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something just occurred to me - we have Carolina's 3rd round pick next year. This is the first time I can ever recall Alex Smith including another team/player in a statement like that. I'm just wondering if Harbaugh had anything to do with it. If it wasn't Harbaugh I probably wouldn't think twice, but it does seem like something he'd stir up to plant the seed for an off-season distraction. If he can create any incremental distraction for Carolina that might potentially end up in getting us a higher pick next year, he'd take the opportunity.

Also wanted to add that Beason initially came off like a pissed off little kid. It's like - "We don't suck. You suck! I'll see you after school." Well I guess the difference is these days the kids just shoot each other...

If it's true, I wouldn't be surprised, though what can you get with a high 3rd round choice besides a punter (;))? If it's not, man, you're digging. Just kidding. The thing is, we'll never know, unless Alex goes on to win multiple Superbowls and writes a book about his experience. I'm hoping for the former, the latter - sure, why not? (Unless he's giving away secret/strategies and Harbaugh's still coach.)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, Deep. Since someone already was talking to SRPnVA about being in D.C., I thought I'd tell you I'm in Kauai. Any advice on what to do on my last day tomorrow? I have to check out at 10 AM and my flight's at 8. Any fun things to do in the short time? (The in-laws don't want to go in the water if we can't go back to the hotel, even though the beaches have places to shower off.)

first, mahalo for coming to Hawaii and frankly.....spending your money. we really appreciate it and hope you enjoyed your stay?

hmmmm........yeah not having the shower is a beach killer. my guess is a helicopter tour (Na Pali Coast) of the West side is also out of the question?

drive to the West side and stop in Waimea for lunch. continue up to Kokee State Park and turn into the two lookouts: 1) Waimea Canyon; and 2) Puu Hinahina. continue up to the Lodge area where there's a museum and pavilion for a short snack. there's a real nice picnic area next to the meadow, but you have to drive a little further up on the main road.

continue up to the Kalalau Lookout and one more lookout at the very top. the name of the last lookout escapes me? by this time you have to head back to Lihue and return the rental car.

BUT, odds are you already did this so my next suggestion is drive to the North side of Kauai. stop by the Kilauea National Park which is mainly an old lighthouse. lunch around here is pricey, but there's not much as you get further up. since you still have time to kill, continue driving north all the way to Haena State Park. you'll pass Hanalei Valley which is a famous place for growing taro. you won't go swimming at Haena nor hiking to Kalalau, but there's some nice placards to read about the Kalalau trail. there's also a clean comfort station before you head back to Lihue.

if you already did this too, drive to the South side or Poipu. this side is getting developed so doesn't have as much "old hawaiian style" flavor, but good enough to kill time.

or consider going up to the Fern Grotto, up stream of the Wailua River. the Marina is located just south of the Wailua River. haven't been to the grotto in a while and understand its not as lush today? but a good way to kill time riding a boat up the river.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it's true, I wouldn't be surprised, though what can you get with a high 3rd round choice besides a punter (;))? If it's not, man, you're digging. Just kidding. The thing is, we'll never know, unless Alex goes on to win multiple Superbowls and writes a book about his experience. I'm hoping for the former, the latter - sure, why not? (Unless he's giving away secret/strategies and Harbaugh's still coach.)

Say what you want about their 3rd round punter - they more than made up for it when they stole Brandon Marshall for a 5th round pick! A 5th round frickin pick man!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first, mahalo for coming to Hawaii and frankly.....spending your money. we really appreciate it and hope you enjoyed your stay?

hmmmm........yeah not having the shower is a beach killer. my guess is a helicopter tour (Na Pali Coast) of the West side is also out of the question?

drive to the West side and stop in Waimea for lunch. continue up to Kokee State Park and turn into the two lookouts: 1) Waimea Canyon; and 2) Puu Hinahina. continue up to the Lodge area where there's a museum and pavilion for a short snack. there's a real nice picnic area next to the meadow, but you have to drive a little further up on the main road.

continue up to the Kalalau Lookout and one more lookout at the very top. the name of the last lookout escapes me? by this time you have to head back to Lihue and return the rental car.

BUT, odds are you already did this so my next suggestion is drive to the North side of Kauai. stop by the Kilauea National Park which is mainly an old lighthouse. lunch around here is pricey, but there's not much as you get further up. since you still have time to kill, continue driving north all the way to Haena State Park. you'll pass Hanalei Valley which is a famous place for growing taro. you won't go swimming at Haena nor hiking to Kalalau, but there's some nice placards to read about the Kalalau trail. there's also a clean comfort station before you head back to Lihue.

if you already did this too, drive to the South side or Poipu. this side is getting developed so doesn't have as much "old hawaiian style" flavor, but good enough to kill time.

or consider going up to the Fern Grotto, up stream of the Wailua River. the Marina is located just south of the Wailua River. haven't been to the grotto in a while and understand its not as lush today? but a good way to kill time riding a boat up the river.

That's great information, thanks for all the tips. I think we'll be doing the first on your list, as we've done a bit of the rest. Mahalo!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's great information, thanks for all the tips. I think we'll be doing the first on your list, as we've done a bit of the rest. Mahalo!

you should have enough time to go West, but don't be TOO leisurely. leave enough time for the drive back into Lihue, there IS rush hour traffic.

for a flight leaving 8:00 pm, i'd leave Kokee no later than 3:15 pm.

again, mahalo for spending your money in Hawaii. do enjoy your remaining vacation.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about their 3rd round punter - they more than made up for it when they stole Brandon Marshall for a 5th round pick! A 5th round frickin pick man!

Very confused....

Punter - Jags

Marshall - Broncos

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not much man. Yeahhh skins fans can't get themselves enough RG3 right now. We'll see how he pans out for them, at least they'll be more exciting to watch when i'm forced to watch them.

Yeah its pretty funny. My friend that Im staying with while I get settled in gave me a house key that has a Redskins logo on it. Its kind of embarassing to have to lug that around haha.

Loving the area though. Do you keep up with any of the high school teams around here? Or is that more of a southern Virginia thing.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marshall is now on the Jags. Wager?

Unless something happened since the Dolphins traded him to the Bears in the spring, he's not a Jag.

And I've been reading about how different the Bears will look on offense with Jeffrey and Marshall as targets for Cutler.

So when did he become a Jag?

But yes. I would like to wager. What did you have in mind?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course, I'm betting he's on the Bears.

Not that he isn't on the Jaguars.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm 100% sure Brandon Marshall was got for a 5th rounder by the Jags.

I don't want to hear any crying or excuses over it though... so be very careful what you wager on this one.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want to hear any crying or excuses over it though... so be very careful what you wager on this one.

The light will go on eventually

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brandon Marshall that plays Receiver is a Bear.

The Brandon Marshall that plays Linebacker is a Jag.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EaseUrStorm is talking about the LB the Jags drafted in the 5th round from Nevada.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are wording it kinda weird though.

Why didn't you just say that Jags drafted Marshall in the 5th?