• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Guardians

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the off season the Cleveland Baseball Team needs to address the lack of HR hitters.
Man Soto would be a great fit. But when you consider how much he will be paid that doesn't seem like a move they would make.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting is down all over the league this year but yes they need more hitting to go with that great pitching.

Without looking stats up not sure if anyone other than Jose Ramirez hit 20+ HR's. If I remember this correctly Cleveland was something like second to last in HR's this season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito is the best in the business IMO. The Yanks line up is actually not that scary.

Stanton has had a shit season. Hitting .211 with 759 OSP. He got hot for a month earlier in the year and has been absolute crap and/or injured since the all star game. His OPS is misleading.

Torres has been good but really streaky. 761 OSP. Solid power numbers for a 2nd baseman.

Donaldson is playing a solid 3rd base but .681 OPS and has been an offensive liability all year.

Bader is great in CF but not so much with the bat, his HR was a huge surprise. OPS .528 with the Yanks which is awful.

IKF at short .642 OPS. I thought they should have gone with the rookie Peraza who was over 800 OPS and they didn't put him on the roster.

Rizzo has been solid but still only hit .224. Good power numbers and an excellent glove.

Trevino OPS .672 but good with RISP.

Cabrera has been good for a rookie. 740 OPS

Judge is of course Judge. He carried the team all year. I would have liked him to get the triple crown as well. He's a class act.

Thanks for the breakdown. The Yankees always have good rosters so I thought they were loaded with HR hitters.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Soto would be a great fit. But when you consider how much he will be paid that doesn't seem like a move they would make.

As long as Dolan owns the team I don't see them spending big bucks on any players in the off season.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Dolan owns the team I don't see them spending big bucks on any players in the off season.

Judge could be a cheap target…..

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the breakdown. The Yankees always have good rosters so I thought they were loaded with HR hitters.
They bat Judge leadoff so people have to pitch to him, he has no protection other than Rizzo most of the year and Rizzo missed a lot of time. Carpenter was absolutely killing it 1.147 OPS and 15 HR's in 47 games but he got hurt and hasn't had an at bat in months. He's back but he'll probably only pinch hit. Benintendi also got hurt a couple months back and is out of the line up along with LeMahieu who's been hurt and ineffective a lot this year. When they had Stanton playing the field and could give Carpenter regular at bats along with Benintendi leading off in front of Judge they could be pretty scary.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They bat Judge leadoff so people have to pitch to him, he has no protection other than Rizzo most of the year and Rizzo missed a lot of time. Carpenter was absolutely killing it 1.147 OPS and 15 HR's in 47 games but he got hurt and hasn't had an at bat in months. He's back but he'll probably only pinch hit. Benintendi also got hurt a couple months back and is out of the line up along with LeMahieu who's been hurt and ineffective a lot this year. When they had Stanton playing the field and could give Carpenter regular at bats along with Benintendi leading off in front of Judge they could be pretty scary.

Heard them mention during the game last night the Giants are Judge's team growing up. Do you think he could be lured away from the Yankees?

And DJ Lemahieu. I remember him with the Rockies. Guess Rockies ownership thought he wasn't worth a good contract. So all he did was become the first player either in a very long time or ever to win batting titles in both leagues. Cheap ass Rockies. Glad he got outta there and went to a real baseball franchise.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard them mention during the game last night the Giants are Judge's team growing up. Do you think he could be lured away from the Yankees?

And DJ Lemahieu. I remember him with the Rockies. Guess Rockies ownership thought he wasn't worth a good contract. So all he did was become the first player either in a very long time or ever to win batting titles in both leagues. Cheap ass Rockies. Glad he got outta there and went to a real baseball franchise.
If Judge wants to go home he may end up with the Giants. I think the Yanks will match or beat anything he's offered but when you're talking about that kind of money he can take a little less and still have generational wealth so anything can happen.

It's too bad what happened to DJ with the injuries the last couple of years. The guy played 2nd, 3rd and 1st for us when needed and did it well. Real throwback type. Even took a very reasonable contract to stay with the Yanks

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Judge wants to go home he may end up with the Giants. I think the Yanks will match or beat anything he's offered but when you're talking about that kind of money he can take a little less and still have generational wealth so anything can happen.

It's too bad what happened to DJ with the injuries the last couple of years. The guy played 2nd, 3rd and 1st for us when needed and did it well. Real throwback type. Even took a very reasonable contract to stay with the Yanks

Money has never been a problem when the Yankees want a player. And I see no reason why anything would change. Especially with the incredible season Judge had.

Just looked up his numbers. Gotta say for some reason I thought he was in his mid 20's. The number of years for his big payday will be interesting.

I can't say he's worth it. As I think pro athletes in all sports are overpaid (rant over!). But in baseball terms he's worth whatever he gets. If that makes sense. Players like him generate alotta money. People wanna see him play.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money has never been a problem when the Yankees want a player. And I see no reason why anything would change. Especially with the incredible season Judge had.

Just looked up his numbers. Gotta say for some reason I thought he was in his mid 20's. The number of years for his big payday will be interesting.

I can't say he's worth it. As I think pro athletes in all sports are overpaid (rant over!). But in baseball terms he's worth whatever he gets. If that makes sense. Players like him generate alotta money. People wanna see him play.
George's kids aren't as willing to spend as he was. They're last home grown star was Cano and they didn't match the Mariner's offer. Ended up being a good move. But if they let Judge go they're nuts

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George's kids aren't as willing to spend as he was. They're last home grown star was Cano and they didn't match the Mariner's offer. Ended up being a good move. But if they let Judge go they're nuts

If they let Judge leave it's gonna piss of Yankees fan. Just don't see how they let that happen.

This was probably already mentioned but just found out about it. Looks like Astros P Phil Maton is out for the playoffs. He broke a finger punching a locker after giving up a hit to his little brother. That's funny.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they let Judge leave it's gonna piss of Yankees fan. Just don't see how they let that happen.

This was probably already mentioned but just found out about it. Looks like Astros P Phil Maton is out for the playoffs. He broke a finger punching a locker after giving up a hit to his little brother. That's funny.
I didn't hear that. I still can't believe Houston won that fucking game

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminiscent of the 2019 Thanksgiving day Monopoly incident at the Maton household

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A shame he didn’t punch Altuve instead……hate that little fucker…..