• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Guardians

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before the series. The Yankees can get away with only have a couple hits. The Indians have no power and they were awful with runners on tonight. Gotta be better

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before the series. The Yankees can get away with only have a couple hits. The Indians have no power and they were awful with runners on tonight. Gotta be better

Game 1 was always going to be a tough one to get.

Game 2 is the one to get with Bieber. Cortes will also be a tough match up but maybe get him out earlier and go after Yanks pen.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like as long as you can contain/avoid Ramirez, you can succeed against this line-up.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take it---- depending how it goes- and how deep the series goes- maybe Bieber gets a 2nd start.

I would think they would have to wait and play the game in NY so it stays 2-2-1......itll be interesting. Aren't they off Friday too? can just move it to Friday I would think.
The plan is to move the game to Friday if they can't get it in on Thursday

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty decent game for the Yanks. Costas had mentioned that the Cleveland had won 15 of Quantrill's last 16 starts so I was worried. Cole's pitch count was elevated early but Cleveland couldn't capitalize. I had mentioned I wanted Peraza at short other than IKF and when IKF made the early error and then banged into a double play I was not happy. Rizzo had a great game, he saved a couple of errors. The Yanks pen did a nice job.
Now it's on the Beiber who is just plain nasty, Nestor's going to have to be really good. Cleveland's offense hasn't looked good in their 3 playoff games but they're grinders and if they get into the Yankee pen they may be able to exploit them.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty decent game for the Yanks. Costas had mentioned that the Cleveland had won 15 of Quantrill's last 16 starts so I was worried. Cole's pitch count was elevated early but Cleveland couldn't capitalize. I had mentioned I wanted Peraza at short other than IKF and when IKF made the early error and then banged into a double play I was not happy. Rizzo had a great game, he saved a couple of errors. The Yanks pen did a nice job.
Now it's on the Beiber who is just plain nasty, Nestor's going to have to be really good. Cleveland's offense hasn't looked good in their 3 playoff games but they're grinders and if they get into the Yankee pen they may be able to exploit them.

Not for nothing, but the Yanks brutalized Bieber in the 2020 playoffs, ( his only time pitching in the Bronx) and he's carrying a 5.74 career ERA against them.

Now watch him throw a 2 hit shut out.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizzo with the Nettles-esque swing.......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like as long as you can contain/avoid Ramirez, you can succeed against this line-up.
They are either on or off. If guys drive in runners it seems like a chain reaction, if not, it's hard to score runs. They seems when they face a great or elite pitchers they are more likely to be off then on. Next season they just need more power and maybe some young guys grow into that role but the lack of spending has hurt from that aspect, the big bat.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing, but the Yanks brutalized Bieber in the 2020 playoffs, ( his only time pitching in the Bronx) and he's carrying a 5.74 career ERA against them.

Yeah, he threw batting practice in that game. Can't see him doing that again.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah sometimes it can just be the team(see the Twins vs Yanks)

But this lineup is much different than the 2020 Yanks.

Yanks got to just do what they can to get his pitch count up so hes not going 7 and giving up 2 or less. Cause with the Guardians top relievers that would make Cortes and yanks pen have to be really good.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are either on or off. If guys drive in runners it seems like a chain reaction, if not, it's hard to score runs. They seems when they face a great or elite pitchers they are more likely to be off then on. Next season they just need more power and maybe some young guys grow into that role but the lack of spending has hurt from that aspect, the big bat.
I didn't realize their payroll was that low. Maybe with the success this year they will spend some in the offseason. They also have a few good prospects right now. If one or two of them made it to the majors and produced they might not need to spend much more.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize their payroll was that low. Maybe with the success this year they will spend some in the offseason. They also have a few good prospects right now. If one or two of them made it to the majors and produced they might not need to spend much more.

Nobody develops pitching like they do. Tampa does a great job too, but Cleveland is in a class by itself.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sometimes it can just be the team(see the Twins vs Yanks)

But this lineup is much different than the 2020 Yanks.

Yanks got to just do what they can to get his pitch count up so hes not going 7 and giving up 2 or less. Cause with the Guardians top relievers that would make Cortes and yanks pen have to be really good.
The Indians bullpen is scary, lots of excellent arms out there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the off season the Cleveland Baseball Team needs to address the lack of HR hitters.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians bullpen is scary, lots of excellent arms out there.

With the exception of the MLB extra innings free previews I didn't see many Cleveland games. But am surprised at what they were able to accomplish this season playing so many rookies, think it's been about 14. Tito's a helluva manager.

Said before the series started Cleveland needed to play a damn near perfect series for the upset. But the Yankees are loaded offensively and have too much fire power. Was really hoping Judge would have gotten the triple crown, that would have been cool.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the off season the Cleveland Baseball Team needs to address the lack of HR hitters.
Hitting is down all over the league this year but yes they need more hitting to go with that great pitching.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of the MLB extra innings free previews I didn't see many Cleveland games. But am surprised at what they were able to accomplish this season playing so many rookies, think it's been about 14. Tito's a helluva manager.

Said before the series started Cleveland needed to play a damn near perfect series for the upset. But the Yankees are loaded offensively and have too much fire power. Was really hoping Judge would have gotten the triple crown, that would have been cool.
Tito is the best in the business IMO. The Yanks line up is actually not that scary.

Stanton has had a shit season. Hitting .211 with 759 OSP. He got hot for a month earlier in the year and has been absolute crap and/or injured since the all star game. His OPS is misleading.

Torres has been good but really streaky. 761 OSP. Solid power numbers for a 2nd baseman.

Donaldson is playing a solid 3rd base but .681 OPS and has been an offensive liability all year.

Bader is great in CF but not so much with the bat, his HR was a huge surprise. OPS .528 with the Yanks which is awful.

IKF at short .642 OPS. I thought they should have gone with the rookie Peraza who was over 800 OPS and they didn't put him on the roster.

Rizzo has been solid but still only hit .224. Good power numbers and an excellent glove.

Trevino OPS .672 but good with RISP.

Cabrera has been good for a rookie. 740 OPS

Judge is of course Judge. He carried the team all year. I would have liked him to get the triple crown as well. He's a class act.