• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Guardians

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what's going to happen in this series. Other than Judge the offense has been pretty bad. Carpenter is back but has not played in an actual game in months. We need Stanton to get on one of his tears and Rizzo to hit clutch like he did earlier in the year. For the first time in ages the bullpen is a mess due to all the injuries. Who knows what Cole is going to do. Probably strike out 10 and give up at least 2 long balls.
Oh shit, I didn't realize Carpenter was back. The Yankees are a lock now. That dude sold his soul to the devil so he could go out in a blaze of glory.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit, I didn't realize Carpenter was back. The Yankees are a lock now. That dude sold his soul to the devil so he could go out in a blaze of glory.
He'll be a left handed pinch hitter. I can't see him playing the field.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's the DH?
Stanton. I don't think they're going to risk playing him in the field after the injuries he had this year. Ideally Stanton would be in left and Carpenter DH'ing but I don't see it happening. Hopefully they go with Oswaldo Cabrera in left. He's been really good lately with the bat, he's got speed, a great arm and he's a really solid outfielder all around. Here's his most recent stats:

1665424676993.png

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hope they play Oswald Peraza at short.

1665424805929.png

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton. I don't think they're going to risk playing him in the field after the injuries he had this year. Ideally Stanton would be in left and Carpenter DH'ing but I don't see it happening. Hopefully they go with Oswaldo Cabrera in left. He's been really good lately with the bat, he's got speed, a great arm and he's a really solid outfielder all around. Here's his most recent stats:

View attachment 310918
Yeah Cabrera seems like he has pretty good power for an infielder. I saw him get a couple big hits down the stretch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what's going to happen in this series. Other than Judge the offense has been pretty bad. Carpenter is back but has not played in an actual game in months. We need Stanton to get on one of his tears and Rizzo to hit clutch like he did earlier in the year. For the first time in ages the bullpen is a mess due to all the injuries. Who knows what Cole is going to do. Probably strike out 10 and give up at least 2 long balls.
Just know, the Indians offense thrives when Jose is on, if he isn’t- it’s brutal. Jose is a Yankee killer so I feel that could be a big part of the outcome of this series and for New York, does Judge play like the MVP we saw this year and/or does he have to carry the offense.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just know, the Indians offense thrives when Jose is on, if he isn’t- it’s brutal. Jose is a Yankee killer so I feel that could be a big part of the outcome of this series and for New York, does Judge play like the MVP we saw this year and/or does he have to carry the offense.
Jose is no joke and Tito is the best manager in the sport IMO. If Judge is the only one hitting the Yanks aren't going to win and they don't have their usual lights out bullpen. Some of the young guys came up and helped carry the Yanks in the last few weeks but will they be able to do that on the big stage?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugggh Costas is calling the game.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I'm just messing with you. They are definitely an underdog but I think Cleveland has a better shot than some people are giving them credit for.
The Yankees are good but they didn't win 120 games or anything. Plus Yankee stadium is a little bit of an upgrade for a couple of those left handed batters. I could see Naylor or Gimenez jacking one out and that could tighten things up.
As a Giants fan I can confirm that having the best team isn't a requirement to win in the playoffs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least its not Joe Buck- who I am sure insisted on calling the Phillies game so he could ask Schwarber questions after the game while he showers.

View attachment 310980

I don’t mind Buck even though I know most don’t like him. Plus I think he does NFL now…Costas is just a shrimp-sized tool

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t mind Buck even though I know most don’t like him. Plus I think he does NFL now…Costas is just a shrimp-sized tool
I think Costas is a good broadcaster but obviously I think he will be biased towards the Yankees.

Buck- I never did mind until he got on his knees for Schwarber and the Cubs.

fucking rain delay.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously might not matter- but i wonder if the Guardians- if they can get to a Game 5- bring Bieber back on short rest.

10/11: Quintrell vs. Cole
10/13: Bieber vs. Cortes
10/15: McKenzie vs, Severino
10/16: Quintrell or Civale vs. Cole
10/17: Quintrell or Bieber vs. Cortes

Sandlin is done for the postseason- which sucks because he would have been a good weapon vs. right handers.

The Guardians have replaced Kirk McCarty and Nick Sandlin with Cody Morris and Aaron Civale for the ALDS. Morris has been pretty good. In about 23 innings MOrris has a 2.28 ERA.

Morris def. will play a big part of the Guardians future- whether that is a long reliever or a starter next season.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians rotation for next year:
1. Bieber
2. McKenzie
3. Quintrell

are locks.

4. Civale- I think will def. be back- they like him and when he is healthy he can pitch

5. Plesac-? who knows- they are not exactly happy with him for a few incidents over the last couple years. They could keep him- or trade him and open up a spot for Morris as the 5th starter. Now- pitching depth is important so maybe they keep Plesac and deal him at the deadline? Or maybe they entertain offers on Bieber if they think that its impossible to sign him or they do not think that he is a good long term investment as last year he injured his pitching shoulder- and this year his velocity is down- even if he has been very very good.

I dont know if I would want to sign Bieber to a huge long term deal. A big market team could get away with it- say- eat the last 3 years of a deal if Bieber was hurt/mediocre- but the Guardians prob. cant commit 20-25 million in payroll to a long term deal for a pitcher that has already seen a slide in his velocity.

Especially with high end (all top 50 prospects in baseball according to Keith Law)- prospects like Espino, Williams, Bibee------and Cody Morris who looks good- I really wonder the long term Bieber plan.

He has 2 years after this year left. That is typically when you can get the most for a guy rather than just 1 year. If they extended Bieber 5 years for a total of 7 years at about 20M-25M per- is that a good investment?