• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: New York Yankees vs Cleveland Guardians

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think Cortes will be available? I dont think Bieber will be.

I think that if Cortes or Bieber pitch- whoever wins is fucked anyway.

Bieber or Cortes on Wednesday give either team a chance.

They said during the game tonight that he can give them 3 innings.

If the yanks win and use cortes, they can go with German and Sevy in the first 2 games before having Cole and Cortes in games 3 and 4. Not the end of world in a best of 7

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Kwan is just so tough. A rookie- he is really turning into a helluva lead off guy. Sees pitches- never strikes out.

Guardians establishing Kwan, Gimenez, Gonzalez this year is so huge for them going forward.

They still have guys like Jones, Arias, Brennan, Valera, Rocchio who all could do the same.

Though- I gotta think that they haveto seriously consider commiting to Rosario.....I mean- at this point Rosario has to be the SS next year and I am sure they will see how it goes---- but with guys like Freeman, Arias, and Rocchio all very talented nipping on his heels he is going to have to continue to prove himself.

Brennan looks like he is going to be a bat. Arias has had some moments.

maybe they trade Arias with some others. I gotta think other teams seeing him will be interested.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to understand it. It has no value. Its just some made up nonsense.

There is nothing made up about it.

Its literally how many base runners a pitcher allows, you know part of their job to avoid doing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said during the game tonight that he can give them 3 innings.

If the yanks win and use cortes, they can go with German and Sevy in the first 2 games before having Cole and Cortes in games 3 and 4. Not the end of world in a best of 7
I guess so- I would think the Yanks are trying for more than a division series win- but it is all hands on deck.

That- and if Bieber is not avaiable its probably not as big a deal for the Guardians with Stephen/Karinchak/Clase.....

though- its intriguing to flirt with the idea of Bieber starting and going 3-4 and then having Hentges, Stephen, Karinchak, Clase go the rest of the way.

Stephen, Karinchak and Clase have not pitched since Friday so they will be well rested and ready to go. Clase is def. in 2 inning territory and if they get to him with a lead its over---- but that will be a tall task.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I had to have one pitcher for one inning in all the majors - it would be hard not to pick Clase with what he has done and how he has looked.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing made up about it.

Its literally how many base runners a pitcher allows, you know part of their job to avoid doing.
Its a bullshit stat that has no value. My whip is high but my ERA is low, that means I'm not giving up any runs. Last I heard runs are what counts in baseball not how many walks and hits I give up. ERA covers it so we can shitcan whip.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peralta has pitched 3 straight nights.....Holmes being less than fully healthy 2 of 3 nights.....

it all comes down to if the Guardians starting pitcher can give them some quality length- and when I mean length- I mean 4-5 innings.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a bullshit stat that has no value. My whip is high but my ERA is low, that means I'm not giving up any runs. Last I heard runs are what counts in baseball not how many walks and hits I give up. ERA covers it so we can shitcan whip.
ehhhhh. it obviously does not take into account slugging---- but a high whip is absolutely positively correlated with a high ERA. The best pitchers have low WHIP's. Thats indisuputable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhhh. it obviously does not take into account slugging---- but a high whip is absolutely positively correlated with a high ERA. The best pitchers have low WHIP's. Thats indisuputable.
I couldn't care less what my pitcher's whip is; just his ERA. If he's not giving up any runs, I'm good.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re simple ways seem so carefree and easy.
But my name is not "Simple Ways". Your incorrect use of the word "you're" in your post seem to indicate that you think it is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondered if Wiggy had a problem with the HR celebration from the Guardians tonight since it was such a big deal when a Yankees player showed emotion last night after a big HR
It wasn’t showboating but everybody will assume it is bc they don’t know the backstory. This isn’t the first time he did that same celebration and it has nothing to do with the opposing pitcher

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ughhh..

well if you would have told me that the Guardians would get to Game 5 I would have been happy.

I am afraid that its going to come down to the Yanks had their ace go twice and the Guardians did not.

We shal lsee tomorrow.
Hope Civale can get out of 3 with not much damage. The pen is rested, going to be key tonight

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think Cortes will be available? I dont think Bieber will be.

I think that if Cortes or Bieber pitch- whoever wins is fucked anyway.

Bieber or Cortes on Wednesday give either team a chance.
I mean I think either team is fucked regardless bc the Astros are the most complete team and have no weaknesses but I don’t think Bieber on short rest is ideal anyway. I don’t have much faith in Civale but the Indians need to jump out to a lead, it is crucial

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn’t showboating but everybody will assume it is bc they don’t know the backstory. This isn’t the first time he did that same celebration and it has nothing to do with the opposing pitcher

Point is people celebrate and show emotions. It is the freaking playoffs.

Can't cry about 1 and say nothing about the other

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes it does, he's rocking the baby and calling the pitcher his son......