• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith - No Charges on Airport Matter

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like City Attorney is not going to press charges against Aldon Smith and the matter is going to go away. Hopefully he learns a lesson from this.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope it isn't that he can get away with crap like this. He is a great player with a very bright future if he can just get out of his own way. Always worry though when a player just gets a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. These guys have big enough heads as is and don't need it put in their heads they can get away with just about anything.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm actually ok with him not getting criminal charges for the airport thing. They only arrested him because they legally have to when someone says that; they all knew he was being sarcastic when he said he had a you-know-what with him. Getting arrested for it was a good enough lesson for him IMO.

...The other stuff now so much.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
@timkawakami

My own view, after talking to several sources: Aldon Smith hasn't only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won't play for them in '14

...I heard he'd get like 1 or 2 games. :scratch:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@timkawakami

My own view, after talking to several sources: Aldon Smith hasn't only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won't play for them in '14

...I heard he'd get like 1 or 2 games. :scratch:

I mean it is Tim Krapakami afterall...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let's just assume this is true for a second. If so:

1. Forget any chance at competing for a SB this year.

2. Aldon will be under contract through 2016 right? Since he wouldn't have played in 2014.

3. If 2, then Aldon might be hurting for ca$h this season. If he's suspended, is he still able to sign a contract extension? If not, then sign him to an extension IMMEDIATELY after he's back! His actual value is probably in the Mario Williams range, and maybe they could get him for something closer to Clay Matthews.

4. Since 1, then might as well cut Gore, trade Crabtree & use the cap room to front-load sign some player(s) to contract extension(s) like Culliver & Iupati. Maybe even Dorsey & Ray MacDonald too.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's just assume this is true for a second. If so:

1. Forget any chance at competing for a SB this year.

2. Aldon will be under contract through 2016 right? Since he wouldn't have played in 2014.

3. If 2, then Aldon might be hurting for ca$h this season. If he's suspended, is he still able to sign a contract extension? If not, then sign him to an extension IMMEDIATELY after he's back! His actual value is probably in the Mario Williams range, and maybe they could get him for something closer to Clay Matthews.

4. Since 1, then might as well cut Gore, trade Crabtree & use the cap room to front-load sign some player(s) to contract extension(s) like Culliver & Iupati. Maybe even Dorsey & Ray MacDonald too.

disagree with 1. and hence 4.

losing Aldon all season - if true - will hurt, but we'd still be a good NFL team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oops. I didn't notice the date of that tweet. It's pretty old; I'm pretty sure Timmy got it wrong again. He's apparently the guy who predicted Harbaugh would go to Cleveland. :rolleyes2:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. I didn't notice the date of that tweet. It's pretty old; I'm pretty sure Timmy got it wrong again. He's apparently the guy who predicted Harbaugh would go to Cleveland. :rolleyes2:
Yes. but we still have to wonder what kind of suspension Aldon will get in the end. I really don't see more than four games.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Ok, phew. My first thought was that was tweeted before the Niners exercised the option. That's correct, isn't it?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea I was surprised to see you post that because I remember a big hubbub about that tweet when Tim posted it.. He is such a dummy..

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Sick reads an old tweet from a local hack and turns that into an excuse to suggest the team cut Gore and trade Crabtree. :)

Sick's got a sickness.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick's got a sickness.

As clever as that comment is, I think playing for 2015 (which is what they should do if there's no Aldon this season IMO) should entail getting rid of players who won't be of any help in 2015 (Gore and Crabtree).

Aldon is the best, most valuable player on the team, and losing him (thank God they probably won't) would put the Niners on par with a ton of other teams in the talent department IMO. It's already gong to be an uphill battle unless one or two of the young CBs come out of the blocks extremely strong.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I read somewhere that he claims he never said the word "bomb"

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being stupid isn't a crime.....case closed.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As clever as that comment is, I think playing for 2015 (which is what they should do if there's no Aldon this season IMO) should entail getting rid of players who won't be of any help in 2015 (Gore and Crabtree).

Aldon is the best, most valuable player on the team, and losing him (thank God they probably won't) would put the Niners on par with a ton of other teams in the talent department IMO. It's already gong to be an uphill battle unless one or two of the young CBs come out of the blocks extremely strong.

We established that you're smarter than everyone else long ago, no one is questioning that.

But, do you really think its anywhere in the realm of possibility for the team to rush to sign a guy to a long term extension when he has just been suspended for the year for being a fucking idiot and get rid of a guy like Frank Gore in the process? Again, I fully acknowledge that you are smarter than the 49ers brain trust but do you really and truly think that would be a smart move? You don't think the PR fallout from signing a guy like Aldon, cutting a guy like Gore at the same time, and tanking a season would be a but much?

Come on broham. No team would sign a guy like that to a long term extension and get rid of guys like Gore and Crabtree in the process, in no small part because that would be a really dumb move on multiple levels. Telling you it's not Madden is pretty trite, but...

Your response to all this will be something along the lines of "Yeah, they wouldn't actually do it, but they should." Again, the answer there is no. I probably agree with you that Aldon is the most talented player on the team. I might even agree that he's the most valuable. But we aren't talking the Colts losing Peyton Manning here. He's a great player, but the team can win without him. You don't just give up on a season (some would say ever but I would at least say) when you have as strong a team as the 49ers do. The 49ers minus Aldon doesn't turn them into the Eagles. That's silliness, Billy.

And how would your boy Lemonade feel if he heard all this? We have one of the best players in last year's draft ready to step right in (and another pro bowl caliber player at the OLB spot) and you think losing Aldon=give up on the season?

Just be honest with yourself and us. Your desire to concoct a cockamamie cut/trade a good vet scenario possessed you to start typing once again. It's ok man, we all enjoy it. But at least be honest about it.

You're right on one thing though- it would be nice if they could have ditched Gore before this season. He's dead weight. But, that just couldn't happen.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. but we still have to wonder what kind of suspension Aldon will get in the end. I really don't see more than four games.

Most people are think at the most it's 4-8 games.

However, would anyone bs surprised if aldon was suspended all year? I wouldn't and I doubt if happens but he has had 2 duis and the weapons case. Could goodell be brutal and give him a 3 strike ruling similar to the drug testing?