• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith - No Charges on Airport Matter

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most people are think at the most it's 4-8 games.

However, would anyone bs surprised if aldon was suspended all year? I wouldn't and I doubt if happens but he has had 2 duis and the weapons case. Could goodell be brutal and give him a 3 strike ruling similar to the drug testing?

IMO much closer to 8 games than 4.

no, wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 8, ie all year. the NFL has been firm with players, and there is enough "incident" even without formal charges.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read 3-4 the most. No way he gets 8 games

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he gets suspended just fined 5 game checks since he was paid when he was in rehab.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But, do you really think its anywhere in the realm of possibility for the team to rush to sign a guy to a long term extension when he has just been suspended for the year for being a fucking idiot and get rid of a guy like Frank Gore in the process?

1. Aldon more than likely won't be suspended for the year. It'll probably be like 2 to 4 games.
2. Aldon is going to get a contract extension regardless of when it happens. The Niners have him for 2 more years, and they can use the franchise tag for 2 more if need be (and they will if they can't get a long-term deal done). He'll be a 49er for the next 4 seasons regardless. It makes a ton of sense to try to approach him for a long-term deal sooner than later. They want to do it before JJ Watt, Patrick Peterson and especially before Robert Quinn gets a new deal so that he can't hold out for more than what Quinn gets. There is no down side to "rush to sign" Aldon sooner rather than later. However, if he's hurting for ca$h, the Niners might be able to get hi to a much friendlier contract than the one he'll get in 2016 when he's holding & using up the franchise tag.

And did you look up what Gore is making this season before you posted that? It's about 2 million more than Michael Crabtree is making. 2 million more than Iupati is making. It's more than what Boldin is making on average over the next 2 years. Gore might not make the team anyway. Especially with his declining returns and 4 other RBs on the roster (one of whom is in a contract year - Hunter).

You don't think the PR fallout from signing a guy like Aldon, cutting a guy like Gore at the same time, and tanking a season would be a but much?

Who gives 2 steamy craps about a PR fallout?

But we aren't talking the Colts losing Peyton Manning here. He's a great player, but the team can win without him.

No, they really can't. Not if you're talking about winning a Super Bowl. No team in the NFL would win the SB right now if they lost the best player on the team for the season. If the Seahawks lost Busta Rhymes or if New England lost Brady, you can stick a for in 'em.

And how would your boy Lemonade feel if he heard all this? We have one of the best players in last year's draft ready to step right in (and another pro bowl caliber player at the OLB spot) and you think losing Aldon=give up on the season?

I LOOOOOVE Lemon, but we're talking about losing a guy who has the most sacks per game OF ALL TIME! All time! The two most over-used words in sports that are EXTREMELY impressive when used accurately.

Just be honest with yourself and us. Your desire to concoct a cockamamie cut/trade a good vet scenario possessed you to start typing once again.

Just be honest with yourself and us: you're hiding in my bushes waiting for me to come home as we speak aren't you?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people are think at the most it's 4-8 games.

However, would anyone bs surprised if aldon was suspended all year? I wouldn't and I doubt if happens but he has had 2 duis and the weapons case. Could goodell be brutal and give him a 3 strike ruling similar to the drug testing?
I felt that the rehab he did last season might help in the decision about the DUIs but who really knows. I just hope this gets done soon so we know how to judge this next season. An entire year would be harsh but Aldon just might be in jail for a while for the felony gun charges.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, they really can't. Not if you're talking about winning a Super Bowl. No team in the NFL would win the SB right now if they lost the best player on the team for the season. If the Seahawks lost Busta Rhymes or if New England lost Brady, you can stick a for in 'em.

Aldon is huge but a team has 53 players, plus PS players. the 49ers will still be a good TEAM without Aldon. you don't "forget" the season even if Aldon is gone all of 2014.

we wouldn't do it even if Kaep was gone all 2014, and HE would be the key player.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO much closer to 8 games than 4.

no, wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 8, ie all year. the NFL has been firm with players, and there is enough "incident" even without formal charges.

I would be shocked if it's more than 6. Aren't there rules in place with the CBA outlining how many games he can be suspended for? He is a first-time offender (I believe this only covers the guns/stabbing/party incident, not the DUI). Has anyone ever been suspended for 8 games, or a season for that matter, as a first time offender?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I read that he will probably only get 1-2 games because of the 5 games he missed while at rehab but fined the checks he was paid during rehab. I hate the fact that i can't remember which writer posted that...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN Insider

Linebacker Aldon Smith finally got some good off-field news on Tuesday when the Los Angeles City Attorney's office announced that he will not face misdemeanor charges stemming from an arrest for allegedly making a fake bomb threat at LAX in April.

Although that incident is behind him now, he's not yet fully in the clear with the law, as he will be sentenced July 25 for pleading no contest to three felony gun charges. For that incident, he could face jail time and/or a suspension from the NFL.

How long might the linebacker be suspended? ESPN NFL Insider Bill Polian appeared on SiriusXM NFL radio Tuesday and told Alex Marvez that he expects Smith to be suspended for no more than three games.

The San Francisco 49ers open the season on the road versus the Dallas Cowboys, host the Chicago Bears in Week 2 and hit the road again to battle the Arizona Cardinals before returning to California to face the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 4.

If Smith wants to avoid missing any more games as punishment in the future, he will have to get his off-field life in order and keep it that way:

Bill Williamson
The lesson Aldon Smith must learn
"As part of the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office’s decision not to file charges, they will have a hearing later this month with Smith. The goal of the hearing will be to teach Smith to avoid such situations in the future. That is the ultimate lesson here: Smith has to avoid putting himself in bad situations. The 49ers want him to succeed off the field, and they continue to support him. But if another situation arises, that might no longer be the case. As this review closes, Smith must make sure it’s the final bad situation he is involved in."

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick- I don't understand why you always have to move the goalposts.

I doubt he'll be suspended for more than 2 games. But you said if he got suspended for the year they should sign him to a long term extension, tank the year, cut Gore, and get rid of Crabtree.

I know you're not a dumb guy. You're pretty bright. But you are not good at arguing. You are really, really terrible at backing up your bizarre opinions. We all know that's because they are indefensible, but my suggestion to you is don't even bother if the best way you can back them up is with mental gymnastics/goal post transplanting. I like hearing your views because they are kooky and whimsical but if someone pushes you on them, have something to back them up at least.

The last thing I want you to think is that you're being stalked, I don't want someone like you to stand your ground against me so I'll drop this one.

So here we go:

You're right Sick, if Aldon got suspended for a year the first thing they should do is cut Gore, trade Crabtree, give up on the season, and sign Aldon to a huge extension. My bad bro.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I doubt he'll be suspended for more than 2 games. But you said if he got suspended for the year they should sign him to a long term extension, tank the year, cut Gore, and get rid of Crabtree.

I know you're not a dumb guy. You're pretty bright. But you are not good at arguing.

This from a sloganeering, destroyer of straw men who can't even stay on topic? Your post was 207 words, and you didn't give a single reason to back up the argument that my argument is bad. You threw two metaphors out there (one you used twice), but no actual argument. If your post were a good ol' 5-paragraph essay, it would be an introductory paragraph, then conclusion paragraph & skip the body paragraphs. You're ridiculous.

The Niners minus Aldon are not a Super Bowl team. You don't understand this because you're unrealistic about this and everything else in life.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This from a sloganeering, destroyer of straw men who can't even stay on topic? Your post was 207 words, and you didn't give a single reason to back up the argument that my argument is bad. You threw two metaphors out there (one you used twice), but no actual argument. If your post were a good ol' 5-paragraph essay, it would be an introductory paragraph, then conclusion paragraph & skip the body paragraphs. You're ridiculous.

The Niners minus Aldon are not a Super Bowl team. You don't understand this because you're unrealistic about this and everything else in life.

what do you mean by 'not a superbowl team'?

for sure won't/can't win the SB? a play-off team but out the first play-off game? not a play-off team? other?

btw - what if I'm wrong (it can happen) and he returns for game 3? returns game 4?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
what do you mean by 'not a superbowl team'?

for sure won't/can't win the SB? a play-off team but out the first play-off game? not a play-off team? other?

btw - what if I'm wrong (it can happen) and he returns for game 3? returns game 4?

If Aldon Smith is not playing in the postseason the 49ers will not win Super Bowl 49 is what I'm saying. Without Aldon, the Niners are about as good as the Packers were last year or maybe the Eagles or Bengals.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Aldon Smith is not playing in the postseason the 49ers will not win Super Bowl 49 is what I'm saying. Without Aldon, the Niners are about as good as the Packers were last year or maybe the Eagles or Bengals.

ok, without Aldon the 49ers are not playing in the postseason.

what if he returns for game 3?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ok, without Aldon the 49ers are not playing in the postseason.

No, I think the 49ers are a playoff team with or without Aldon; I just think the better playoff teams will beat the 49ers handily if Aldon isn't playing in those games.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sick-

You said the 49ers should do a bunch of dumb personnel moves if Aldon is out for the year.

I said "haha, Sick is being silly again"

You said "Naw man, I was right"

I said "Naw man, you're wrong" and gave a bunch of reasons why in a long post

You responded with a long post, the first sentence of which was "Well actually he won't be suspended for a year."

Was I really supposed to read and respond to the rest after you moved the goal posts like that? Really?

You can't stay on topic. You're pathological. It's weird man. You're the type of kid who would sit and argue with a teacher and subject the rest of the class to your retarded left field whacko point of view because it's a Sickness that you have. And it's cool man, it's fun to read. But if someone wants to have a discussion with you, at least stick to the topic at hand. Please. For the love of God. You're a grown man now, you're not that kid in school any more.

Now- are we going to have a discussion about how stupid your tank the season, cut Gore, trade Crabby, and sign a booze hound that has just been suspended for a full season idea is?

Or are we going to have a discussion about reality? That is, Aldon as he is now, which looks like a 4 game suspension, max.

I would be happy to discuss either, but you have to keep on topic. That's the only rule. Stop breaking it.

In response to your long post-

1. PR matters for people who want to make money and keep their jobs and stuff. A lot of fans wouldn't agree with your love of tanking, especially if it was obvious the team was doing it. Yeah, winning a Superbowl the next year but ease those ills, but they can still do it THIS YEAR even without Aldon (see below)

2. Agree that it would have been nice to get rid of Gore. I acknowledged that. But realistically, they can't. Especially with all the unknowns behind him. There is no one who has proven to be a reliable backup, let alone starter. And don't say Hunter. I like him too but lets be realistic.

3. The Seahawks would be contenders without Sherman. Come on man, I know you're a better football fan than that. Look at that secondary. He's a good, perhaps great player but they would still be extremely good. He doesn't make or break them.

4. Of course the Patriots would be terrible without Brady. Brady is way, way more valuable to his team than Aldon is to ours.

5. Aldon is a great, great player. But this team has done well when he has been out/done the late season disappearing act thing. Losing him would hurt, but it wouldn't make sense to tank if they lost him. Not if there is a potential 10 sack a year player backing him up. That's crazy. It's not the Pats losing Brady, or the Spurs losing Robinson, or anything close to that.

I think that was everything. If there was something I neglected to address let me know.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You said the 49ers should do a bunch of dumb personnel moves if Aldon is out for the year.

They're only dumb if the Niners aren't a Super Bowl team this season. This is an example of how you can't stay on topic. The premise is the 49ers' chances of winning the SB without Aldon, but your criticism is about the moves to solidify future teams.

"You can't stay on topic. You're pathological. It's weird man. You're the type of kid who would sit and argue with a teacher and subject the rest of the class to your retarded left field whacko point of view because it's a Sickness that you have. And it's cool man, it's fun to read. But if someone wants to have a discussion with you, at least stick to the topic at hand. Please. For the love of God. You're a grown man now, you're not that kid in school any more.

What's funny is you probably don't even see that you're projecting. And it's really creepy, so stick to your incoherent understanding of football please.

Now- are we going to have a discussion about how stupid your tank the season, cut Gore, trade Crabby, and sign a booze hound that has just been suspended for a full season idea is?

THE 49ERS JUST SIGNED THAT BOOZEHOUND TO ANOTHER YEAR! You don't get it. You're a light weight. You don't understand the complexities of personnel decisions. You just essentially said it would be stupid to do exactly what the 49ers already did this offseason.

PR matters for people who want to make money and keep their jobs and stuff.

This is proof you're a light weight. GMs don't care about PR. Not one iota. They only care about the quality of the team. And cutting an aging RB who's making 6 million dollars this season isn't "tanking." It's cost-benefit analysis.

I get that you think the 49ers can WIN a Super Bowl without Aldon. You're wrong, but it's a fair enough opinion. But if you're right, then they should go like 14-2 and win the Super Bowl quite easily WITH possibly the best pass rusher of all time on top of an already-Super-Bowl-Contending team (which they won't).

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, I think the 49ers are a playoff team with or without Aldon; I just think the better playoff teams will beat the 49ers handily if Aldon isn't playing in those games.

my bad, I read your earlier response wrong.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give up Sick. You're all over the place. I was talking about your dumb idea. That's it. You're saying whacky shit like I think it's dumb to exercise Aldon's option now. In reality world. No. I said it would have been dumb to sign him to a big long term extension if he was suspended for the year in Sick's bizarro world. I also said all your other kooky ideas related to that bizarro world scenario were dumb. Tanking. Cutting Gore to sign the suspended booze hound. Trading Crabby cuz fuck it fans, we give up. That's it. Thats what I was talking about. But you can't keep anything straight.

I think it's weird (and like I said, kind of scarily pathological) that your brain is so obsessed with "arguing" and "debating" and "winning" and yet you can't keep your eye on the ball. But maybe that's why you can't keep things straight, you have to feel like you're somehow winning something all the time so your mind jumps through all these hoops to convince yourself of that.

Anyway, seriously, I give up. Your cut/trade ideas are all great, as evidenced by how well they have been embraced by the board for the past decade. Nothing goofy there. You are an excellent arguer and knowerer of football, and I am nothing compared to you. Once again, you won this debate, just like you will win every one from her to perpetuity. Sick, batting a thousand. The undefeated champ.