• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Agrees to Plea Deal

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Anyone who is planning on shooting you is not going to wait for you to be out of a gun free zone. All gun free zones do is tell criminals that ehre is a lot of victims in there who do not have the abaility to defend themselves.

So why doesn't this happen in other countries that are mostly gun free? The criminals have better morals?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All gun laws really do is insure the innocent have a much harder time owning them than the criminals that fully intend to use them. Seriously if I was going to shoot someone in spite I wouldn't do it with a registered fire arm.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why doesn't this happen in other countries that are mostly gun free? The criminals have better morals?

Less crime, better morales, better culture, better justice system...

Lots of reasons. You mess around in Asian countries and you don't go to a nice comfy jail cell. They have much harsher punishments for those that are deemed not fit for society.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone out there is currently planning to shoot me. I would be much more worried about an accident occurring in a room full of gun-toting amateurs than being the victim of a violent crime in a room full of unarmed people.

Like this?

[YOUTUBE]MeGD7r6s-zU[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a big supporter of people being able to own guns, but I've always felt there should be a training requirement before someone gets to own a gun. Then again, I'm sure this guy had "training," too.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got how no contest plea worked. Is it like I'm kinda guilty but not fully guilty so give me a lesser sentence?

He's doing them a favor by saving them the cost of a trial so they do him a favor in return by lessening his sentence.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I crack up when I hear canned statements talking about protecting one's own family. I'm pretty sure if you have kids, you wouldn't be having your gun pre-loaded much less having it easily accessible in case of danger. So what's the point of having the gun?

And then the other argument is that an intruder will be kept kept honest if he knows that he is entering a house with guns. Gimme be a break. By the time it takes someone to react to an intruder, the damage might have already been done. Just think about the time it takes for you to open the safe, load the bullets, and face off against the aggressor.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I crack up when I hear canned statements talking about protecting one's own family. I'm pretty sure if you have kids, you would't be having your gun pre-loaded much less having it easily accessible in case of danger.

1. That's ridiculous. Every gun owner with kids I know keeps their guns preloaded.
2. It's quite easy to purchase something with a hidden compartment that kids won't find even if you let them play unaccompanied in your rook in the first place.

And then the other argument is that an intruder will be kept kept honest if he knows that he is entering an house with guns. Gimme be a break. By the time it takes someone to react to an intruder, the damage might have already been done. Just think about the time it takes for someone to open the safe, load the bullets, and face off against the aggressor.

This is also ridiculous. My step dad was friends with a guy who left his house every day carrying a shot gun and put it in his trunk. When he got home, he took the shot gun out of the trunk and carried it in the house. He lived in an apartment where the 3 connecting apartments were robbed on various occasions, and his was never touched.

If people know you're a gun owner they're 100 times more likely to pick someone else to fuck with. The 2nd amendment is also about protecting your property.

And this is coming from someone who's never owned a gun; but I'll buy one if I ever decide one is necessary.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Random: "Aldon agrees to deal" would have been a really good name for this thread.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, there's something called a gun box. This one opens with a 4 or 5-digit code. It doesn't take a long time to press 5 buttons.

Gun_Safe.jpg

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell did this thread turn into? I tune in hoping to hear an update on Aldon and all I see us page after page of opinions and political nonsense.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. That's ridiculous. Every gun owner with kids I know keeps their guns preloaded.
2. It's quite easy to purchase something with a hidden compartment that kids won't find even if you let them play unaccompanied in your rook in the first place.

This is also ridiculous. My step dad was friends with a guy who left his house every day carrying a shot gun and put it in his trunk. When he got home, he took the shot gun out of the trunk and carried it in the house. He lived in an apartment where the 3 connecting apartments were robbed on various occasions, and his was never touched.

If people know you're a gun owner they're 100 times more likely to pick someone else to fuck with. The 2nd amendment is also about protecting your property.

And this is coming from someone who's never owned a gun; but I'll buy one if I ever decide one is necessary.

What about random intruders? Is there a public registry somewhere telling them that the owners are armed or not.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What about random intruders? It's not like they can ever tell that the owners of a certain house are armed or not.

Those are the lucky dogs who get shot in the chest. Problem solved; theft or assault averted.

And one less scum bag to worry about.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Those are the lucky dogs who get shot in the chest. Problem solved; theft or assault averted.

And one less scum bag to worry about.

And what about the unlucky families who don't own guns? Is it their fault they didn't protect themselves?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're shooting people for theft now? The American dream baby Money (and things) over all else!! God forbid I ever have to use my gun on a person, but if I do use it then my family damn sure had better be in danger. I'm not shooting someone for trying to steal something.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And what about the unlucky families who don't own guns?

What about them? Not sure what you're getting at.

We're shooting people for theft now? The American dream baby Money (and things) over all else!! God forbid I ever have to use my gun on a person, but if I do use it then my family damn sure had better be in danger. I'm not shooting someone for trying to steal something.

Not for theft. For breaking into someone's home. And if someone breaks into your home your family is in danger. The burglar could be armed too. Better to find out after they're dead.

And no I'm not concerned about the perpetrator because I'm not a liberal; I'm concerned about the victim. And if I ever break into someone's home and they shoot me dead, go ahead and put "He got what was coming to him" on my gave stone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You seem to be supporting the families that are armed and ignoring those that aren't as prepared for such a situation.

I'm really not being a dick here; I'm not sure what your point is. This reads like, "You seem to be concerned with people who have intruders, but what about people who have their cars stolen off the street?"

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about them? Not sure what you're getting at.

Not for theft. For breaking into someone's home. And if someone breaks into your home your family is in danger. The burglar could be armed too. Better to find out after they're dead.

And no I'm not concerned about the perpetrator because I'm not a liberal; I'm concerned about the victim. And if I ever break into someone's home and they shoot me dead, go ahead and put "He got what was coming to him" on my gave stone.

False. If someone breaks into your home and you catch them, they turn to run away then you aren't in danger. Someone stands their ground or shows aggressive action, then the danger is evident.

That sounds like total nonsense, I'm not buying any of it. All this liberal and conservative bs is for the birds, try that with someone who actually gives a shit about politics.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
False. If someone breaks into your home and you catch them, they turn to run away then you aren't in danger. Someone stands their ground or shows aggressive action, then the danger is evident.

That sounds like total nonsense, I'm not buying any of it.

You're not in danger if they try to run? They could simply be running for cover so they can shoot you. There is no such thing as a safe scenario with an intruder in your home unless he's a dead intruder.

And of course nobody wants that to happen, but that's what they get for breaking in.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shotgun story made me lol, both for the crazy gunnut factor and for Sick's logical fallacy.

You're a strange cat Sickness. The musical theater love+weird conservative/libertarian unhingedness is just so bizarre to me. And on top of that you want to trade every good player the 49ers have ever had. Just a weird guy. But as I always say, you may be a kook but at least you're our kook. Cheers brother, keep on doing your thang :suds:

I personally don't have any problem with gun ownership as long as its reasonable. But the 2nd amendment tardation in this country is really out of hand. Gun ownership is not a right you crazies. And then there's also the problem of the reasonableness of gun ownership itself. I hate to always use him as an example but he's the best we've got: There are people out there like Toby who are both too stupid and too mentally ill to own a gun. But I guarantee you he has legally obtained multiple. That's a problem.